Posted February 01, 2013
My child has gone to this school for two years now and I've been nothing but impressed with her teachers. I love how involved I'm allowed to be and how welcome they make me feel. All the staff truly care for the students. This is a great school!

Posted November 01, 2012
Military family here chose beautiful master-planned Freeport community over overpriced Niceville/Bluewater neighborhoods, worried about what elementary school would be like...after 2 years, I feel this is a very decent school. It has a solid positive behavior system in place and an excellent reading program. My kids have had some amazing teachers although I have learned that as with any public school, you need to be proactive in requesting a teacher that is right for your child's personality (you cannot request specific teachers but you can request the characteristics your child needs). The gym/music/art/library teachers all seem to be enthusiastic, devoted educators. The school has a "sunshine math" program to challenge advanced students and a gifted/talented program. I toured Bluewater Bay Elementary at one point due to open enrollment possibilities; the environment seemed more crowded & stressful to me and I was not convinced that my kids would be happier there. FES is not without its flaws but overall I feel that my kids are receiving a very decent education and enjoying an incomparable lifestyle.

Posted February 06, 2012
Excellent school! I have nothing but praise for this school! Coming from a neighboring school (Butler Elementary) I was a bit nervous about my child's transition. I must say, I was so pleasantly surprised! The teachers and staff are so friendly, and welcoming. They keep me well informed on my children's progress, and if they need any help in any areas. They encourage reading and learning at all their events & activities. They know every child by name, and encourage parental participation and have an open door policy for parents any time. As a parent that lived in Santa Rosa Beach, I am so glad I tried the school, and did not allow people to discourage me from taking my children here! I have personally experienced both schools (Butler & Freeport) and find that we are having a much richer experience here in Freeport. So, for those parents that shuttle their children south of the bay, please give Freeport a try before making that decision. I am very happy I did!

Posted November 10, 2009
Our children have been in schools all around America. This is the first school our children have attended that have gone above and beyond when it comes to communicating with the parents. As our youngest is in K, we have not worked with the advanced programs yet. Regardless, this is one of the best elementary schools our children have attended.

Freeport Elementary School 3

Posted October 12, 2009
I would have to say that the school could work a bit harder at providing a challenge for those able to handle it. It appears that they are too worried about the 'FCAT' as most public school systems seem to be nowadays. The No Child Left Behind Act has created a school system that seems to only be concerned with 'making the grade' and not teaching a full robust curriculum. I can see a future that wonders why we let our brightest minds dim and die in the quagmire that is NCLBA.

Freeport Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2009
its o.k. but not that good with childrens behavior and the way people deal with that but very safe and excellent teachers!

Freeport Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2008

Posted April 21, 2007
Our two boys are doing so well at Freeport Elementary that they are on the honor roll. They have excelled and exceeded our expectations, the teachers go above and beyond communicating with the parents. This is a school I very highly recommend for anyone's child. They make your child feel at home, know the kids by name, ensure your child's safety and provide an atmosphere for well being and learning. The building and facilities are in excellent condition, the media center is very well stocked for voracious readers and the Principal is a leader. Our kids are not only learning at Freeport Elementary, they are thriving. My only complaint is that it does not go all the way through College because the school is that good.

Posted April 17, 2007
I went to Freeport Elementary when I was a student. Now I have one child attending this year and another child starting next year. This school is an excellent elementary school. The teachers and staff care about each and every student. I am a very involved parent, and I see first hand the quality of education the children receive. The school also strives to keep the kids excited about what they're learning. The staff and PTO provide fun activities like a Fall Festival, T-shirt contest for the kids, and lots of extra events througout the school year. I feel very lucky that my children will and have attended this school.

Posted August 09, 2006

Freeport Elementary School
15381 U.S. 331, Freeport, FL  32439
Last modified Freeport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freeport Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top