Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Our son's Kindergarten teacher was not effective in my opinion. His 1st grade teacher is wonderfully effective, happy with this year.

Our son is a 1st grader at CCE and I am very happy with the school and his progress so far. The administrators are professional, attentive and caring. The extended day staff and programs are top notch. We are very pleased with his 1st grade teacher this year and feel that Cunningham Creek Elementary is a fantastic school. We are looking forward to our younger son attending Kindergarten here next year.

Mr Strickland is the best principal ever. So very kind, involved and professional. CCE is a wonderful elementary school with an extraordinary staff.

One of the best schools in St John's County! The school is why we built a new home & moved to the area. So far, love the faculty & the small school size for our kids. Teachers we've been lucky to have so far have been very attentive & get us involved in the kids day to day school work!!! The new principal, Mr Struckland is very caring & as involved!

We moved to the area after researching the school. Our son is in 1st grade now, & he loved his KG last year. The teacher promised, my son will read by Christmas & she was absolutely right. I can't wait to get my 4yr old to join the school next year! As in any public school they could definitely use some extra money to provide our kids things that are needed for the school!

One of the Best schools in Saint Johns Florida, definitely!! My 3 girls love it there and enjoy the atmosphere, the teachers, the principle although this year we have a new principal....i'm sure he will be great too!! :) The cafeteria ladies how ever some of them are just not cutout to be there and seem to hate what they do....that is the only thing!! They would so benefit from some extra money to put shade outside and just inprove their outdoor fun space.

My grandson is in ESE and I couldn't ask for a better education and more caring teachers. The attention he has received in the last two years has helped him significantly move most of his classes to general ed whichnInthought would never happen. I moved tonthis area specifically to get him into this school.

This school does not cater to ESE kids although they act like they do. Most parents have had to transfer their kids out to other schools, even those schools in Duval County to accord them better education. However, if your child is not ESE, then you will be pretty happy. its those FCAT scores that count, not the fair education of all children.

The principal seems to be very involved with the school, is very pleasant to talk with, and the children seem to like him. The teachers I've met are capable and knowledgable and make learning fun for our kindergartener. The extended day administrator, however, is not very pleasant and I get conflicting instruction on when and where to pick up my child after extended day. The school has done several special events to involve the family, all well-done. They have excellent communication weekly by newsletter. They only have "resources" 3 times a week though (library, computers, PE, or music), which I really wish they offered more often (I think this is county-wide; it's not just this school). We're trying to get around that "deficiency" by paying for extracurriculars. Overall we're currently happy with this school.

Very limited academic programs: This was a terrific school, in a terrific district, until 2009. After 2009 the gifted program was eliminated in favor of an FCAT "achiever" program that no longer serves the gifted student needs, and no longer allows for acceleration, creativity or flexible teaching. FCAT now rules in this district, which is very sad. It was a wonderful district, very child-centered, until the steep decline that began with dismantling the gifted program and quickly plummeted in 2009. Some teachers are good, some are not, but if you have a gifted child, this school is a shell of its former glory, as is this district. The principal/leadership is approachable and involved, but all is focused on rote learning for standard grade level tests and school scores. It's the age of the FCAT standard ed "achiever." If you're looking for strong academics, this school/ district is now focused on rote minimum grade level academics.

Last modified Cunningham Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.