Gainesville, FL

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 3

Posted August 23, 2014
I went to this school in the Lyceum (advanced magnet) program during years 2011-2014, and I found it very disappointing. Most of the teachers were good (like the math teachers), but especially for science, some of them were terrible. My parents were not connected with what was going on in the program at all. Because of the degree of separation between the magnet program and the mainstream program, I found that some of the students were very mean. In total, if you want to go to a good program but also undergo some seriously high stress and upset from all different factors, then this is the program for you.

Posted October 24, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Middle school has excellent magnet program. School band and the after school clubs have so much offer to kids.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 4

Posted October 06, 2013
My school is da best. Some teachers don't get the fact that some people need more attention than others. Half the kids have behavior problems. But I still love this school most teachers get the very best scores on the likability and good teacher status some don't but I still love this school. I'm in 7th grade at Lincoln Middle School and living a good life.

Posted August 01, 2013
My Child is in lyceum program at Lincoln middle , i can only say this is a great school. Standard of teaching is excellent, wish there was more resources for kids at this school.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2013
I am an 8th grader at Lincoln and have attended for 3 years now. Its an okay school, there are lots of fights, which keep it pretty interesting but its still scary. I am pretty popular in the lyceum but the teachers put so much stress on the kids. Recently, i have developed an eating disorder (like the previous review) from all of the stress of being a student here. I am so exited to finally leave the Lyceum program at Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 4

Posted March 05, 2012
My child will complete the 6th grade in the Lyceum program this year. I am impressed with the 6th grade team's coordination of the learning process across their classes. I am also pleased with the principal/assistant principle and dean leadership, all being very available and supportive. The majority of the teachers answer their emails from me in a timely manner. The LMS PTA is active and supports the entire school population. The transition from elementary school to 6th grade is challenging for any student and the 6th graders in the Lyceum program have a lot of support at Lincoln. With help from mom and dad, my son has learned how to manage his time to complete his work and enjoy extracurricular activities.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2012
This school has many great teachers yet has an equal amount of teachers who either aren't fit to teach, or over-estimate the capabilities of their students and assign them workloads fit to frustrate an IB student.

Posted November 28, 2011
This school prepared my child to excel in high school. The integrated curriculum was well thought out with critical thinking, development of excellent writing skills, and I can't say enough about the math program, it was incredible for her. In addition, she learned a language and was able to transfer the credit to high school so she could take take her AP French test by 11th grade. I think that the biology curriculum could be enhanced but the geology and physics were really fun and well taught.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 1

Posted January 21, 2011
Horrible School! They said to prepare kids for the IB program, but is really just a horriable school, where there is a lot of voilence. I saw my child study for hours and when he got to IB, he was not better than the ones who had gone to another school.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School 1

Posted December 26, 2009
The amount of work the Lyceum Program at Lincoln allots to their students is insane. I was a very diligent worker and stayed up until one in the morning to finish my work. I developed insomnia and an eating disorder from all the stress Lincoln put on me. I understand the program has a noble quest to prepare the students for the I.B. program and college, but it is unhealthy for students to be put on so much pressure at such a young age.

Abraham Lincoln Middle School
1001 Southeast 12th Street, Gainesville, FL  32641
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Lincoln Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top