Gainesville, FL

Posted June 09, 2012
I have been very happy at this school. There is a nice small neighborhood school feeling to this school. When you walk down the halls everyone seems happy and the teachers seem to know all the kids. The education seems to be excellent too, especially the science program. They are getting a new principle this year though, so well have to see if it stays ths good.

Posted April 19, 2012
Norton is an excellent school. The teachers are very good and caring. The school day is planned out with thoughtfulness and the extra curricular teachers are great too. There is lots of communication with parents and they keep us updated. They have fun activities for the kids, great field trips and lots of special events. We are very picky about our kids education and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality there.

Posted April 25, 2010
The teachers and librarians sincerely want to help all the children do well and reach their potentials.

C. W. Norton Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2009
I love Norton Elementary. I both my kids go to school there. I was also a teacher at Norton for 2 years and was sad to leave when I took on a new position. All of the teachers have high expectations for all of thier students. I taught a special needs class and my students were always included in all parts of school life as well as acadmics. My personal children have excelled both academically and social at Norton. Norton has a diverese mix of students and everyone here gets along. A quality that is required not only at school but in the real world. I there are so many things that I can say about this school that there wouldn't be enough words to express my thoughts. After taking on another position, I still drive my kids over 30 minutes across town just so they can attend Norton Elementary, even when there is a school only 2 miles from my home. I love this place!

Posted October 14, 2009
This is a very proactive school - every child and parent are invited to participate. The staff is extremely helpful!

Posted October 12, 2009
I love C.W. Norton Elementary because the teachers are very passionate about their students. They want them to learn to their fullest and truly care about each and every student in the class.

Posted October 12, 2009
They care so very much about the students!!

Posted October 11, 2009
the teachers are great!!!!!!!

Posted September 18, 2009
It is a warm and caring environment.

Posted September 17, 2009
As a total Kagan school, we integrate effective strategies/structures for engaging all students in the learning process simultaneously. Children are enjoying it, and positive behaviors and attitudes are a result!

C. W. Norton Elementary School
2200 Northwest 45th Avenue, Gainesville, FL  32605
Last modified C. W. Norton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C. W. Norton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top