Gainesville, FL

Posted May 21, 2014
Awesome school they have really helped my child in so many ways she has come a long way since being at Terwilliger. I Love the staff and thanks to them all...

Myra Terwilliger Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2012
MY SON JUST STARTED 4TH GRADE , I DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE SCHOOL IT LOOKS NICE AND CLEAN, HOWEVER, THE PRINCIPLE IS EXTREEMLY RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE DOING SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN EDUCATION, I WILL BE SPEAKING TO SOMEONE IN THE BOARD OF EDUCATION BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT A WAY TO SPEAK TO PARENT!

Myra Terwilliger Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2010
My son has started Kindergarten this year. We love his teacher Ms. Baker. My son has severe eczema with severe food allergies. Ms. Baker shows her compassion, care, support, and concern for my child. She makes me feel secure that he is safe in her hands. He has also grown so much this year and is already reading!!! I cant wait for my daughter to start next year!

Posted May 16, 2009
According to my children, the biggest area of concern is the lack of discipline displayed, although this may be a need to be taken care of at home it still reflects on the scholl when it continues to allow the misbehavior. The school is secure, but it should be cared for more tediously, not haphazardly. I do like the teachers efforts in motivating students, though.

Posted May 11, 2009

Posted July 10, 2008
I was very unhappy with Terwilliger. The teachers there are caring, but there are too many students that do not behave and/or are behind academically, for the teachers to be able to do their jobs well. After being consistently told by his teachers that my son was 'the best in the class,' he was significantly behind his peers when we transferred schools last year.

Posted February 25, 2008
Both my children have had a wonderful experience at Terwilliger. The teachers work hard, communicate with me, the office staff, counselor, principal and others have always been friendly, more than competent -- a joy to interact with. I have one child in the gifted program & she loves it. The kids get a lot of attention and advanced work in math. As a bonus, the campus is large, with a lovely outdoor eating area for when parents visit - no headaches from eating in a noisy cafeteria! It's safe -- fully fenced and the school keeps the fences closed and locked except at the start and end of the end. Terwilliger is a terrific school. We moved to the Wiles zone but I've kept my kids at Terwilliger and I drive them -- don't want to fix what's not broken!!

Myra Terwilliger Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2007
The principal in the 2006 and 2007 school years has been excellent in responding to my wishes as a parent and my child's needs. She displays enthusiasm for the school (an A school now!) and care for the children, and speaks highly of the school's teachers. I eat lunch regularly at the school with my child and do not feel it has ever been 'dirty' as one comment suggested. A fine public school overall, and my child has enjoyed it for three years running. He's in a wonderful gifted program, I have chaperoned two field trips to the museum and liked all of his teachers. A great school!

Posted September 12, 2007
The teachers are good and the school in general is OK but the principal needs to motivate the people that work there. Most of the school is dirty, specially the cafeteria.

Posted March 13, 2007
My child is encouraged to do his personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child.

Myra Terwilliger Elementary School
301 Northwest 62nd Street, Gainesville, FL  32607
Last modified Myra Terwilliger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myra Terwilliger Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top