Gainesville, FL

Posted June 10, 2014
A year ago, we moved from a country where our main language was spanish, my child knows the english language only from an academic environment, but it was not a barrier for her or her teachers. They did a great job helping her to adapt to the new school, new culture and new friends. Is an excellent school, the principal is very nice and respectful with their students, as well as the teachers. My child really had a great experience in this school! I'm grateful for all the help and the feedback that I received from the teachers through her year in Idylwild.

Posted August 31, 2009
I am a pto/pta working mom. Idylwild is a great little school, that has lots of caring teachers and staff. Yes the school is very diverse, but that is how the real world is. To have a great school in these times, you must show your support. I have a second grader and for the past three years I try to do as much as I can to make his school day the best that I can. I think every single parent at this school is a working parent, but everyone has a little time that they can do something with there school. So go to a pta meeting or ask your childs teacher if they need any help. We need it and your child can only benefit.

Posted July 27, 2009
Great school and it is getting better every year. There has been some big changes and these changes have proven to be positive in the development of our children. Keep up the good work.

Posted June 12, 2009

Idylwild Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2009
Idylwild is a great school. Parents shouldnt get so caught up on school ratings. Yes this school has a big percantage of economically disadvantaged students, but education starts in the home. The teachers have the same education or even higher education than grade A schools, so you see its not the education nor the teachers it is the parents. We need to work with our children and make the decision to be involved!

Idylwild Elementary School 0

Posted April 15, 2009
Both my kids went to Kinder Garden in this school. Although I felt that the kids at higher levels a bit rough - I believe that the teachers and staff do an excellent work. There are periodic notifications of the Parent-Teacher-Organization meetings. There is no pressure to get involved, but there is a real opportunity to get involved if one is interested. Their class teacher did a wonderful job and both my children benefited very much from her and the class and extra-class (like library) involvement.

Idylwild Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2008
Some teachers in KG, I don't think they are doing their best to help there students the way it was plan, I believed they are all good teachers but not as good doing the best for the pupils.

Posted April 20, 2008
Both of my kids are doing great they both are straight A student. The school teachers and Administration are very supportive of their students. I believe school rating is not enough to secure your childs education. Its a team work between the school and us parents. 'Learning starts at home'.

Idylwild Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2007
It takes a while to get things done if your child is struggling with school.

Idylwild Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2007
Ms. Emily was a good teacher as far as academics go. One major thing that concerned me was field trips that was taken wasn't as safe as I thought they would be. There were also ignorant staff working in the cafeteria. Principal wasn't at events, only graduation. He didn't seem to show support. Children should also be in a loving environment as well as an academic one.

Idylwild Elementary School
4601 Southwest 20th Terrace, Gainesville, FL  32608
Last modified Idylwild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idylwild Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top