711 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher invests their all I to their jobs and the success of their students. Even seeking them out to say hello, letting the students know they matter.

Amount of homework: Agree

Depending on grade, one worksheet per day, or one packet per week for young children. Difficulty is based off of ability.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Faculty works hard to lead by setting great examples. Children are also held accountable in very reasonable ways. One counselor is also a retired police officer, which brings experience that cannot be compared to someone with solely a degree.

The staff invest so much time all energy into the school and it's children. Great! Schools has been behind of their information recently, as there are now 800 students and the school ranks in at 7 on the grading scale. Any and all problems are dealt with efficiently and respectfully. My children love every single year in this school. It has good security where other schools in Gainesville miss that critical milestone in student safety. The only downfall this school has that effectively lowers is rating is the economic prosperity of its district.

A year ago, we moved from a country where our main language was spanish, my child knows the english language only from an academic environment, but it was not a barrier for her or her teachers. They did a great job helping her to adapt to the new school, new culture and new friends. Is an excellent school, the principal is very nice and respectful with their students, as well as the teachers. My child really had a great experience in this school! I'm grateful for all the help and the feedback that I received from the teachers through her year in Idylwild.

I am a pto/pta working mom. Idylwild is a great little school, that has lots of caring teachers and staff. Yes the school is very diverse, but that is how the real world is. To have a great school in these times, you must show your support. I have a second grader and for the past three years I try to do as much as I can to make his school day the best that I can. I think every single parent at this school is a working parent, but everyone has a little time that they can do something with there school. So go to a pta meeting or ask your childs teacher if they need any help. We need it and your child can only benefit.

Great school and it is getting better every year. There has been some big changes and these changes have proven to be positive in the development of our children. Keep up the good work.

Idylwild is a great school. Parents shouldnt get so caught up on school ratings. Yes this school has a big percantage of economically disadvantaged students, but education starts in the home. The teachers have the same education or even higher education than grade A schools, so you see its not the education nor the teachers it is the parents. We need to work with our children and make the decision to be involved!

Both my kids went to Kinder Garden in this school. Although I felt that the kids at higher levels a bit rough - I believe that the teachers and staff do an excellent work. There are periodic notifications of the Parent-Teacher-Organization meetings. There is no pressure to get involved, but there is a real opportunity to get involved if one is interested. Their class teacher did a wonderful job and both my children benefited very much from her and the class and extra-class (like library) involvement.

Some teachers in KG, I don't think they are doing their best to help there students the way it was plan, I believed they are all good teachers but not as good doing the best for the pupils.

Last modified Idylwild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.