474 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Small classroom sizes, great teachers and staff, this school is wonderful and very accommodating!

In order to be a good school you need good leadership. You need to have the ability to hire and keep effective teachers. The principal, who might've been a good teacher herself, needs to be able to recognize teachers that have different strengths than her own. Until she recognizes this flaw in her management skills, the school will be what it has become, just another public school stuck in mediocrity.

This is a wonderful school. The teachers and principle are wonderful in creating a family , safe environment ! I think the school is a positive and I would refer this school to everyone!

I am amazed by the hard work and dedication of the Teachers at Glens Springs Elem. As a parent, I appreciated the preparedness teachers offer to students especailly in 3rd - 5th grades for upcoming tests. I noticed that the curriculum for Kindergartens is becoming more involved. There is reading and alot of web based programs. Overall, I think teachers do a awesome job. Thank you!

Glen Springs is truly an amazing place. I was a student here from K-5, my mom was a teacher here for over 20 years, and I am in my 6th year as the art teacher. There is an amazing staff, excellent leadership, and a wonderful group of students and parents. There is a sense of community and high academic expectations for all students.

I love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and her teacher is top notch! My daughter had speech delays at first, but not anymore! She now reads and writes at the top of her class. I hate to have her leave this wonderful school, but we may be relocating to another city :( The principal is top notch and the people are friendly and caring. I agree with the previous parent who said that one really gets a sense of community at this school. Love it.

It's a wonderful school who cares about the kids.

This is an awesome school. There is a real feeling of community at this school. All of my siblings and I went to Glen Springs, and I still go back to visit the phenomenal teachers and staff.

Last modified Glen Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.