215 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

These other reviews hit Loften at its core. These other reviews were a few years ago and times have changed. The school is vastly innapropiate. I don't want my mom to come to this school to volunteer because I don't want her to see to see the behavior at this school. I would rather be attending middle school because I feel like I can learn more there. Whenever I walk into the outside bathroom, it smells like someone was smoking and I don't want my brother (who used that bathroom the other day) to smell that when he walks in there. They confuse people by labeling this school as "A+" school when it really isn't. I feel like I was tricked because they said it is a A school, but that is because of the education, or lack there of, that they provide.

I started at Loften in 8th grade and have LOVED it! I am a Sophomore this year and in the Business Acedemy. I think it is a wonderful school with great teachers and the principal pretty much knows every student by name. In the three years that I have been there, there have rarely been fights. I am really happy that I go there and I am deffinatly staying until I graduate =]

Great school. Really turning around!

The other review is the way Loften used to be under the previous principal who truly cared about every student. It is no longer that way. The new principal and the teachers he brought with him have a totally different agenda, but no one seems to know what it is as it keeps changing and there doesn't really seem to be anyone in charge. Discipline has gone way down as has the enrollment since students have a choice whether they want to attend or not.

Last modified Professional Academy Magnet At Loften High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.