Gainesville, FL

Posted April 16, 2014
My school is fun and awesome the teacher's go over thing's with you and also you will have fun and meet new friend's you will also love the afterschool program EDEP it is 17 dollars a week and it's fun at EDEP they help you with math reading or anything else and they help you with homework. And if you can't afford EDEP the teacher's start math or reading tutoring I love my school and you guy's will too. At my school i like how the first day everybody helped me and told me were things were and they were really nice to me because i thought that everybody was going to be mean to me i also on the first day found my best friend. One thing i love about my school is how when i need help my teacher helps me alot and she always pushes me to do my best when i think im about to give up. One thing i think my school can improve is that they should hire subsitutes more often because so many people want to be a teacher and i think that hiring a subsitute will be a good idea because it shows the teachers ad everybody else what people no which in a good case is good. And that's what i think of my school.

Posted June 09, 2010
My Grandson attends Stephen Foster and the teachers there have been wonderful with him. He loves the after school program here as well and chose to go there over going home in the afternnon because everyone here is terrific with the children. I tell all of my neighbors that they will not be disappointed with the progress their children will make at this school.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
well balanced curriculum and the art/music programs are still alive

Posted February 21, 2009
Wonderful school. Magnet program excellent especially in science! We came from a good private school to attend this magnet program and have not been disappointed. My daughter loves the school. She thinks her 5th grade teacher is the 'best ever'.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2008
My biggest problem with this school is the default assumption that any time a child acts up at school there is something wrong at home. Several of the teachers are wonderful however. Academics seem to be average to slightly below grade level in spite of constant reassurance that monitor testing happens often.

Posted November 09, 2006
The school monitors student progress closely and makes sure that students are placed in the right class at the right level. Adjustments are made throughout the year to keep students challenged. The attention to individual performance and recognition of academic achievement at the regular flag ceremonies is noteworthy. The school also has an outstanding magnet program in math, science, and technology.

Stephen Foster Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2006
Principal is not receptive to parents involvement and is very defensive to questions asked of the curriculum. The magnet program does not perform as billed except for science. The math portion of the program is quite weak. It also does not meet the needs of enrichment students. Parents should closely examine the program if one their goals is to advance the academics of an enrichment child. My child attended the magnet program and it was obvious after just one year that she was significantly behind her peers in enrichment math at her zoned school. The science teacher, however, is awesome.

Posted July 09, 2004
My son has been part of the Stephen Foster Family since he was in Kindergarten and everything that the staff of the school has being doing for him is wonderful. Now he is getting ready to begin 3rd grade and also he will be doing 4th grade math and reading.

Stephen Foster Elementary School
3800 Nw 6th St, Gainesville, FL  32609
Last modified Stephen Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephen Foster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top