Gainesville, FL
Students enrolled: 1,144
Before care: Yes

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
I have attended PKY since the fourth grade and I admit that it is a very unique school. The only problem is that there are barely any clubs and whatnot to choose from, which is why BHS tends to look more appealing. Yes, it does have a family "feel" to it, but it can also make you feel as if you aren't able to grow up and explore yourself because the people you see everyday have known you for a long time so a fresh start is almost impossible. There are some cliques but no one really cares about them because they aren't worth the time. This a good school for people who want a stable environment for their children. For people who like adventure, this is NOT the school for you.

Posted March 02, 2012
My daughter has attended PK for the past two years. She got in a week before her 4th grade year. PK was certainly the best possible choice we could have made for her. The teachers are awesome and WANT to be there. You can tell they love their jobs and the students. My daughter is very bright and her teachera are constantly working to make sure she's appropriately challenged.

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
P.K. has a phenomienal performing arts program that nurtures and develops talent with the core benefit of improving the self-confidence of all its students! We love the new assured manner our 6th grader has developed - not to mention his straight A's!

Posted March 20, 2010
I went to P.K. Yonge a while ago and i loved it more than any other schoool i have been to.

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School 1

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted January 04, 2010
Pk Yonge was the only 'A' High School in Alachua County last year. It has great sports, performing arts, and everyone knows everyone.

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My children and grandchildren really liked going to PKYonge school. It is small enough that it has the feeling of a warm community.

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School 4

Posted June 28, 2009
My DD is entering 9th grade and has attended P.K. since Kindergarten. It is a wonderful school. She is getting a great education. The most important thing that I am proud of is the opportunities to think for her self rather than just learn facts. She is learning to question her sources of information and make a decision/theory. The downside would be their sports facilities. The coaches and what they do in spite of the facilities are tremendous.

Posted May 06, 2009
I'm a former student (K-12). As a small school, PKY doesn't have the resources to offer the variety of courses available at the largest high schools. On the other hand, classes are small and the teachers superb. The small enrollment fosters strong student-teacher and student-student interactions. It is an excellent place in which to grow and to develop the learning skills that last a lifetime.

Posted January 11, 2009
I'm a proud former lab rat, K-12. PK has its positive and negative qualities, but what school doesn't? PK has a great performing arts program, undoubtedly one of the best in the area. We also have a very good athletic program - we are the only school in Alachua County where middle school students can play on JV and Varsity teams. Our gym is struggling but supposedly they are raising money to build a new one. As for education, it's true that we have very few AP courses offered here and only one foreign language, but we also have an extremely high number of students taking dual-enrollment courses through SFC and UF. And the AP/Honors courses we do have are of high quality - I am now attending UF and have no problem keeping up with the material here.

P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School
1080 Southwest 11th Street, Gainesville, FL  32601
Last modified P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top