Gainesville, FL

Fort Clarke Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2014
I am upgrading my rating & previous post because every issue I had last year has worked itself out at the beginning of this year. The teachers are great. The office at times is very confused. REACH is a wonderful program. The band is excellent.

Posted April 12, 2014
This is my first year at this school and it is amazing. The teachers are so helpful and caring, and words just can't describe how much I love this school. They also have a fantastic R.E.A.C.H. (Research, Evaluate, Analyze, Communicate, Historical perspective) program, that is not only challenging, but rewarding in the long run.

Posted January 20, 2011
I would give this school a 5. The teachers are always helpful and they go out of the way to help you. Their REACH progam is preparing the children for later sucess.

Posted December 13, 2010
This is, for sure, the best middle school in the county. The teachers are always helpful in teaching kids the correct way. They won't really mind staying after school if a child needs individual help from a teacher. The principal and office staff are usually friendly and informative. The programs are the best part about this school. The REACH program offers a very challenging and high level reading and writing class, and math teachers do summer programs so students, when ready, can skip ahead a math level. Very nice school with lots of oppertunities.

Fort Clarke Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2010
This is my first year at Ft Clarke. We transferred to this school. I have only been at this school a few weeks and have heard nothing but complaints from other parents about how rude the office staff treats parents. I experienced this from the day I registered. I am told the principal has heard many complaints but really does nothing about it. I certainly hope the teachers are better than the initiation I got from the front office. I hope this move wasn't a mistake.

Posted April 27, 2010
My son absolutely loved his 3 years at Ft Clarke. If he could have stayed for another 4, I'm sure he would have! The teachers are amazing, think outside the box, and had wonderful relationships with the kids. This school is a gem!

Fort Clarke Middle School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
My child is in his second year at this school. Overall, he is pleased but the 7 of 10 (C) rating seems to be accurate. The principal is very friendly, but not very efficient in handling educational issues. Her asst. principal (new this year) gives out inaccurate information without checking and this does not seem to be addressed by the principal. Most of the teachers are sufficient, but many are much more concerned about the union and their 'rights' rather than the best educational process for their students. Many are very defensive when asked questions and many times it is cumbersome to schedule conferences. Several very above average teachers are here, but few and fair inbetween. Don't take it personal if the front office staff are not always friendly. Overall, an OK place to send your children, but certainly average would describe this school accurately.

Fort Clarke Middle School 0

Posted April 10, 2010
I love this school, we are zoned for city of Alachua schools but he has a zoning exemption because I love this school and planning to zone him again next year.

Fort Clarke Middle School 2

Posted March 24, 2010
Great Schools has not published many reviews because they only seem to be interested in positive results about teachers. I have been in many school throughout the county, both employed and as a parent with children. I now have a child at FCMS. Many of the teachers at this school are very good, but some of them are the worst in the county. Overall, the teachers are average as are the test scores when comparing to other middle schools in the county. The administration is weak when it comes to resolving student issues, especially when it involves a teacher. The PTA is not strong, but the band program is awesome. Overall, a 3 rating is being generous.

Fort Clarke Middle School 1

Posted December 06, 2009
This School is thw worst if you have the chose go to kanapaha. The deans favor the kids and they tried to adopt a bullying program but my child has been bullyed by someone and the deans do nothing about it. This school is a bad choice.

Fort Clarke Middle School
9301 Northwest 23 Avenue, Gainesville, FL  32606
Last modified Fort Clarke Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Clarke Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top