Gainesville, FL
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

St Patrick Interparish School 3

Posted July 25, 2013
I am going to give St Patrick's a three. I am not surprised that the opinions of parents are so varied. In saying that, NO ONE can speak for another parent's experience or perception. Our experience has been good and bad. Is there bullying? Yes. Is there a sense of inclusion and acceptance of all children? It depends on whom you ask. Just because certain ethnic groups attend a school DOES NOT mean staff and the child's peers are culturally sensitive and accepting. Academically, St Patrick's is above public school curriculum. The last principal was a liability to the school and needed to be replaced. He was a poor representation of Christian leadership, and documentation exists where he displayed outright discrimination. In all fairness, I will say this; Saint Patrick's is a good school. The academics are above average, and there are some excellent teachers there with a good heart. Prayerfully, the new principal will bring a sense of Godly leadership, accountability and inclusion for all students in this school. It is a travesty when children are in an academic environment and they are made to feel inferior to their peers. Hopefully, the new changes are for the better.

Posted July 21, 2013
My Son attended St Pats Kindergarten through the Eighth Grade. We witnessed many changes over those 9 years. Like everywhere else, St Pats was hit hard by the economic downfall. However, due to the efforts of the faculty and staff his education never reflected the hard times. St Pats is a relatively small and tight knit school. As a parent you get the chance to really get to know the faculty, staff and other parents. My Son had a wonderful experience at St Pats and has made some life long friends. He grew, learned and matured in a wonderful and safe environment. They provide access for the kids to all major sports, and have great extracurricular activities to include a great Scouting Program. I highly recommend St Pats to anyone interested in a private school education for their child in the Gainesville area.

Posted July 15, 2013
St. Patricks is a great school my granddaughter goes there and she is very happy and so am I. Any concerns I have are addressed and dealt with. My granddaughter went in with a below grade reading level and ended with a grade level a year + her grade level. The school does not have a sterile race and culture environment. It has enough of all races and culture to make it real and it tolerates no bulling or any non christian behavior.

St Patrick Interparish School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
St. Pats School is replacing there own principal. The problems are everywhere. My reality check is watching my child who has never had any behavioral problems come home in tears due to other children making fun of her. The teacher ignored this problem over and over!! Free is great for those who need. You may donate your time well I donate my time in paying my taxes and not looking for handouts..It is my business when I'm paying for it and my child is suffering from it.At this school everyones family works there it doesn't mix.

Posted March 07, 2013
Amazing School!! I was an intern at this school and was just hired on this year. The school has a safe, inviting environment. The friendly staff, exceptional students, and extracurricular activities amaze me. The curriculum and faithful practices allow the students to grow both academically and emotionally. This school is a community of families that support and love each other. I plan on sending my own children to St. Patrick's Interparish when they are old enough.

Posted July 19, 2010
Our oldest is a graduate (and is doing VERY well in HS), our middle child is in middle school and there's no doubt the "baby" will start at St. Pat's next year. Great school with emphasis on academics and God. We are VERY happy here.

St Patrick Interparish School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
NOT the school it was before. Academic have slipped below standard. The extracurriculars are a joke. My son is being tutored just to stay on par with Alachua County.

St Patrick Interparish School 0

Posted April 10, 2009
My son went there and the level of bullying was enough for us to pull him out after numerous attempts to have it stoped. It was an awful exsperience, after what started out as a good one. He finished High school on the Monterey Penninsula and we could be happier we moved.

St Patrick Interparish School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
I moved my daughter to St Pat's from an elementary school where the students weren't the problem but the ACSB adminstrators was. Where they were relying on other students to mainstream fellow students. Apprently they didn't have the staff. What I was after was a fair and nicer place. St Pat's is that. But beyond a nicer place it has academics. By my estimate 50% of each grade scores in the top 10% nationally. By standardized scores my daughter has increased from the top 10% towards the top 2% on standardized test. And she has yet to be the top student in any class. 'It's hard with all these smart kids'. But more importan its a really nice place with great teacher who care. And for those of us not gifted with social butterfly's but nerd's, its wonderful.

Posted June 26, 2008
NO other school compares. These kids test out in the top 10% in the nation, and are #1 in the NATION in Algebra. The teachers are loving and care about their student's success. Computers in every room, full tech lab, music, art, spanish, and p.e. as well as competitive athletics.

St Patrick Interparish School
550 Northeast 16th Avenue, Gainesville, FL  32601
Last modified St Patrick Interparish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Patrick Interparish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top