PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is our second year at Oak Hall for our oldest child, and we are SO happy compared to past schools he attended. He is the happiest he's ever been, and just thriving in all areas! My son has mild sensory issues and his teacher was so caring and accomadating--you can tell the teachers here really want to see each individual child succeed. My child is the happiest he's ever been and LOVES his school! I am impressed with the amazing amount of hands-on learning and thorough curriculum, along with the emphasis on character development. Teachers and administration always greet you with a smile and seem genuinely happy to be there. Lots of amazing opportunities and extracurriculars too. Just visit during school hours and you will see what I mean. This school has been a blessing for our family and I am very happy we chose it. :)

My family will move to Gainesville, Florida this summer (2015) and we have already begun to research school options for our son (4th grader next year). Based upon numerous phone calls, we are highly likely to register him at Oak Hall. Everyone we've spoken to has been very informative and has answered all our questions. I already completely understand Oak Hall's educational philosophy. We haven't invested a penny yet and we already feel like family. See you this Fall!

I spend most of my time warning people off of this school. The sad thing is that there are many good elements but the administration of the school is absolutely dismal. I have attended three different high schools - this one was the most unhealthy and negative environment I have experienced. As a new student they were told I had anxiety, private information that was then passed about to the teachers, and not soon after - students. My personal information was made public, and my admitted difficulties were then, ironically, ignored. I won't go through the list of issues of which, there are many. Instead, please look elsewhere. It only calls itself a "private institution" so that it can be exempt from public state regulations and overcharge for a moderate education. It ignores students in trouble and rewards students with histories of abuses. All I can do is hope you avoid this place for the sake of your child. As well as hope that this school finds a way to create a healthy and safe environment for future students. (However, since I last checked it is still being run by the same people several of my class members made official complaints against). Good luck and godspeed.

Just can't say enough good things about Oak Hall School. I've had two children at the school over the past 6 years. Academics and the faculty- are top notch. There is a strong emphasis on character education and the development of the whole child- in academics, physical education, music and the arts. This school is a gem.

Oak Hall School is such a wonderful place for kids to learn. My daughter started school here two years ago at the age of 8. In just two years, she has learned more than I could have expected. It's obvious from the other reviews, that Oak Hall has an excellent curriculum and reputation. It's a very nurturing environment, where your kids will be treated with dignity and respect. I love the fact that the kids have gym four days a week and have a chance to learn spanish at a very young age. No matter what age your children are, they will love this special community. Look no further!

I have three children that attend Oak Hall School, and I cannot be more proud of them and what they have achieved through being challenged by the teachers and curriculum. The leadership has vision in the areas of technology, math and science and the reading requirements have turned my kids into becoming raving fans of reading. Our family is excited with our choice of bringing our kids through Oak Hall School, we look forward to each year as we progress.

When I moved to Gainesville, the first thing I did was to look for the best school for my pre K daughter. I visited several schools and always came back to Oak Hall. The learning environment is excellent, the teachers are amazingly well trained and dedicated to the kids, the activities are fun but well directed, good manners and discipline are priority without making the child feel bad. The parents are great as well, all well involved and welcoming. I would not choose any other place.

After interviewing and touring other schools in the city, there was no competition to compare to Oak Hall. The environment is personable, safe and comforting. After having our child attend here for the past 3 years, I can truly say the teachers and faculty have only the student's best interests and success at heart. It is a "family" environment, with the faculty and staff readily accessible to discuss concerns. It would be my only recommendation for a school. It means the world to have our child in a progressive, stimulating, and challenging academic program but a loving environment as well.

My husband and I earned our doctorates from top rated US institutions after attending public schools in our native countries. After two wonderful years of preschool at Oak Hall, our daughter attended Kindergarten at an A rated public school. It was a disappointing experience in every way, for her and for us. We missed everything about Oak Hall! She joined Oak Hall again at midyear in K. Oak Hall students are maximally challenged and nurtured in a richly diverse curriculum with experienced and dedicated teachers. It is also an institution where character education is smoothly integrated in the curriculum and put into practice in the classroom, on the playground, and during after care hours. OHS offers a quality aftercare program and diverse extracurricular activities. To us OHS simply can't be beat! We can't wait to have a second grader and a preschooler at Oak Hall next year.

I heard about this school from a grandparent that was friends with my mother-in-law. She volunteered at the school and could not stop raving about the academics, arts, science and character education. I am now a teacher as well as a parent at Oak Hall. I am thrilled with the high level of expectations as well as the loving environment. There should be more schools like this one. Take one tour and you will be hooked. I love it!

Last modified Oak Hall School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12