Gainesville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 27, 2014
Just can't say enough good things about Oak Hall School. I've had two children at the school over the past 6 years. Academics and the faculty- are top notch. There is a strong emphasis on character education and the development of the whole child- in academics, physical education, music and the arts. This school is a gem.

Oak Hall School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
This once good school has dropped precipitously in standards. Be careful. They favor athletes and students with money.

Posted January 05, 2014
Oak Hall School is such a wonderful place for kids to learn. My daughter started school here two years ago at the age of 8. In just two years, she has learned more than I could have expected. It's obvious from the other reviews, that Oak Hall has an excellent curriculum and reputation. It's a very nurturing environment, where your kids will be treated with dignity and respect. I love the fact that the kids have gym four days a week and have a chance to learn spanish at a very young age. No matter what age your children are, they will love this special community. Look no further!

Posted September 27, 2011
I have three children that attend Oak Hall School, and I cannot be more proud of them and what they have achieved through being challenged by the teachers and curriculum. The leadership has vision in the areas of technology, math and science and the reading requirements have turned my kids into becoming raving fans of reading. Our family is excited with our choice of bringing our kids through Oak Hall School, we look forward to each year as we progress.

Posted May 31, 2010
When I moved to Gainesville, the first thing I did was to look for the best school for my pre K daughter. I visited several schools and always came back to Oak Hall. The learning environment is excellent, the teachers are amazingly well trained and dedicated to the kids, the activities are fun but well directed, good manners and discipline are priority without making the child feel bad. The parents are great as well, all well involved and welcoming. I would not choose any other place.

Posted May 17, 2010
After interviewing and touring other schools in the city, there was no competition to compare to Oak Hall. The environment is personable, safe and comforting. After having our child attend here for the past 3 years, I can truly say the teachers and faculty have only the student's best interests and success at heart. It is a "family" environment, with the faculty and staff readily accessible to discuss concerns. It would be my only recommendation for a school. It means the world to have our child in a progressive, stimulating, and challenging academic program but a loving environment as well.

Posted April 21, 2010
My husband and I earned our doctorates from top rated US institutions after attending public schools in our native countries. After two wonderful years of preschool at Oak Hall, our daughter attended Kindergarten at an A rated public school. It was a disappointing experience in every way, for her and for us. We missed everything about Oak Hall! She joined Oak Hall again at midyear in K. Oak Hall students are maximally challenged and nurtured in a richly diverse curriculum with experienced and dedicated teachers. It is also an institution where character education is smoothly integrated in the curriculum and put into practice in the classroom, on the playground, and during after care hours. OHS offers a quality aftercare program and diverse extracurricular activities. To us OHS simply can't be beat! We can't wait to have a second grader and a preschooler at Oak Hall next year.

Posted April 19, 2010
I heard about this school from a grandparent that was friends with my mother-in-law. She volunteered at the school and could not stop raving about the academics, arts, science and character education. I am now a teacher as well as a parent at Oak Hall. I am thrilled with the high level of expectations as well as the loving environment. There should be more schools like this one. Take one tour and you will be hooked. I love it!

Posted April 18, 2010
There is an environment that is maintained by the administration and teachers that is unmatched. This coupled with the curriculum that challenges students to do what they are capable of, but does that while maintaining their (I hate to say this phrase) self-esteem. My kids went Pre-K and K and then we tried the A public school for 1st. One child did fine, but was certainly not pushed to her potential and the other struggled with learning to read in an environment that was more concerned with maintaining order than teaching. They came back, despite a financial challenge for us, to Oak Hall. They went from a mid 1st grade reading level to a 3rd grade reading level in one year. That my friends has nothing to do with the kids involved. It's the environment, the curriculum and the support the children receive that allows them to succeed.

Oak Hall School 0

Posted April 07, 2010
Our third child is now in Pre-K at Oak Hall. There was never a doubt as to where we would send her. She has 2 older siblngs in High school and Middle school. As such, we have been able to see their progression at all levels. Oak Hall has been safe and nurturing yet demanding. This allows our kids to be valued and encouraged, yet challenged and motivated. Oak Hall is a college preparatory institution but not only offers excellent academics, but offers children the opportunity to participate in sports (almost all kids do play some sport) while teaching leadership skills, public speaking, independent thinking and encouraging social and personal responsibility.

Oak Hall School