PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

The first thing I noticed about Brentwood was that the teachers and the students seemed to be on the same team. I had noticed at other schools that the teachers sometimes seemed to be against the children, but at Brentwood there is no yelling, there is a level of respect for the students there that is nothing short of awe-inspring. It is a very calm atmosphere and a high level of accountability. The faculty are kind when they speak to the kids, are usually smiling and it is just a really good energy. Kids there seem confident and we joke that it is like a little safe place and how scary when they have to leave and go out into the big wide world for middle school. My daughter is in the 4th grade there and the few times that I have had a concern, the assistant Principal, Jennifer, has immediately addressed it and solved the problem with ideas that I hadn't even thought of. They are open minded and concerned and caring. The factually and staff is also respectful of the parents. There is no reprimanding when it comes to tardiness or absences. I don't have to get a doctors note when my daughter is sick. There is a level of trust and respect there that you will not find anywhere else.

My daughter just finished first grade and she love the school. Teachers are very dedicated and know how to stimulate the creativity and motivation of every kid. I like that the school also offers a very good after-school program with different on-site classes (yoga, cooking, computers, ceramic..). It is a wonderful family friendly school!.

We have 3 children at Brentwood ranging from preschool to upper elementary age. We left public school because it was only focused on the FCAT testing. Brentwood meets the different needs of each of our unique children. They get the perfect mix of being individuals and treated as siblings. The focus is very individualized and the learning pace is geared to each individual child with emphasis on play. They still have real recess and plenty of play time. The academic standards are high with many graduates moving up gifted magnet school programs and other private prep schools. However, the environment is completely relaxed and noncompetitive. Children learn at their own pace, not by arbitrary standards set by the state of Florida or other entities. We couldn't be happier at Brentwood where success is measured by individual growth not only in academics, but in each child's social and emotional growth. My kids especially love the art, music, iMac lab, the big shady playgrounds and the many field trips.

I was not impressed with this school. I loved the atmosphere that Brentwood provided. All the staff were really nice, but I feel the education provided was subpar. If you are looking to pay a lot for a public school level of education, this school is perfect! It was waste of my child's time and my money. They did nothing to challange my child academically. When I moved to another state, I was told my child was not able to start school at his new location because of his lack of education. I was told to either consider public school, or to homeschool! I would not recommend this school to anyone.

I have a child in preschool and a child entering first grade. They have both had a great experience so far at Brentwood. The teachers are caring and interested in the kids; they are creative and make learning fun for the kids. At least in kindergarten, children are not stuck to their chairs all day but have plenty of opportunity to play and have fun while also doing academic work. It really is a nice introduction to formal schooling. I don't think they push students academically as hard as the public schools here do, but my kids love going to school and to me at this age that is the most important thing. When my kindergartner would come home last year he would want to continue doing things he had been doing at school. and now he can't wait for first grade to start. Also he learned to read without having to do five billion reading tests and worksheets so they must be doing something right.

I simply can't imagine my son having a better Kindergarten experience anywhere. He learned to read and has a great foundation in Math all the while learning through exploring geography, nature and other cultures. The teachers did a great job of truly building a communtiy of learners in their class. They not only taught facts and skills but fostered problem solving and cooperation among the students. My son was also encouraged to use his imagination. What a great educational start he received at Brentwood!

I love Brentwood! Both of my girls attend and I have been happy since day one. The teachers and administration are wonderful and you cannot imagine the wonderful art that these kids produce. I am constantly impressed with the hands-on approach of the teachers and my girls are better for it!

Brentwood has been a wonderful educational and social experience for my children who have attended since pre-K. The teachers are very experienced and thoughtful. I haven't noticed any significant behavior problems among the students as the teachers adeptly manage issues that arise and facilitate positive social skills and interactions. It's truly amazing how advanced my child is academically for being in the first grade. My kids love going to school.

Brentwood's teacher's are simply excellent. They really seem to enjoy their job and love the children. This reflects well on the administration, as the teachers obviously feel supported. I am so impressed by the in-depth units prepared and taught by the teachers. My son has learned so much this year in such an encouraging and nuturing invironment. He simply loves school and can't wait to go back next year!

My son is in the upper grades at Brentwood, having attended since pre-K. He loves the school, his teachers, and his friends, and is learning well. I do not understand the review stating that the older kids misbehave. My observation has been that any behavior which is disruptive, disrespectful, or dangerous is quickly called down-- and the kids listen. Even my elderly parents, who observed a class for a morning, were impressed by how attentive and respectful the children were. One reason I'm glad I have my son in this school is the absence of 'Lord of the Flies' attitude on the part of the other students. The teachers are respectful and kind, and teach the kids by both words and example.

Last modified Brentwood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5