Posted September 24, 2014
My child is in the preschool level of GCDS so I cannot speak much of the academic side since they are learning much of the same things I teach at home (colors, shapes, letters, counting, etc) . What I can speak on is the strength of character the teachers and other staff have demonstrated in our time thus far. My child was particularly sensitive to the new environment following a recent traumatic event. The staff really has gone above and beyond to make my child feel welcomed and safe. In addition to the primary teachers, the librarian, Spanish teacher, music teacher, and other "floaters" that pop in and help where needed solidified my decision to have my child at GCDS. Other parents whom have seen my child acclimating to the school have also found reassurance in their respective decisions to educate their kids at GCDS. This is truly a quality environment for your prospective little student. I highly recommend Gainesville Country Day School!

Posted May 29, 2013
As a parent of 2 children at GCDS can not speak enough about the school. They are very caring and involved in each child's performance. I can not see sending my children to a better all around elementary school!

Posted May 28, 2013
The broad range of academic experiences offered through the elememtary school years are designed to expand each child's learning opportunities, Teachers know their stuff and are very interested in the progress of each student. Lots of experience in art, music, PE, Spanish, logic, and poetry. My fifth grader had 6 wonderful years there.

Gainesville Country Day School 2

Posted June 02, 2011
{Just to preface this - I'm reviewing the preschool of the 24th Avenue campus.} The teachers are very nice & caring, but the preschool program is more like daycare than an actual school. The principal is totally unapproachable & defends the school / teachers no matter the circumstances - so you might as well save your breath. My son went here for 3 years of preschool prior to going to kindergarten elsewhere & he is so far behind!! They do not push academics at all & they don't communicate well with parents unless it's about a fundraiser. We had no idea that he was completely unprepared for kindergarten because they never talked to us about his progress. I've recently heard that other preschool programs actually have conferences with parents to make them aware of how prepared your child is for kindergarten!! GCDS doesn't do anything like that whatsoever. If you're looking for an expensive daycare, this is it! If you're looking for an academically rich school that will prepare your child for "real" school then look elsewhere. I hear Brentwood, Abiding Savior, and O2B Kids have good programs - but I have no experience with any of them because we ve wasted so much time & money at GCDS!

Gainesville Country Day School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
My daughter said this school was "happy and totally stupid. It was stupid for me and stupid for you to take me there." On our last day here, the teacher insulted me for not going to their extra fundraising activity, saying "Did you FORGET?" No, my daughter had ballet lessons, and I received a sneer. They mandatorily use bug spray on every child, which gave my daughter a severe allergic reaction. Their big lesson was having parents come in to explain all about their families, just an excuse for a nosy, ignorant teacher to have something to gossip about, (like their whole class' families) if you ask me. The laugh's on you, parents! Wow. No thanks.

Gainesville Country Day School 1

Posted October 19, 2010
GCDS has been incredibly disappointing. While some of the teachers seem nice on a parent level, the way in which they deal with the students has, from our opinion, been cold and unnurturing . It felt as though we were sending our son to more of a daycare rather than a high end educational school. In addition, the teachers do not communicate with the parents at all. We would not recommend this school to others.

Posted November 16, 2009
GCDS has been a wonderful preschool experience for my daughter! I am excited about her watching her continue to grow in the elementary program.

Posted October 14, 2009
GCDS is well worth the investment. The experience of sending my 3rd child through the elementary program has been wonderful. It seems the teachers just keep getting better.

Posted August 06, 2009
The learning environment helps each child achieve their potential; it has been a great experience for my child to learn in the environment created by the teachers.

Posted June 04, 2009
My children are thriving in this caring, academic environment. The teachers are excellent and we have found the administration to be responsive. The children are taught traditional subject matter and the extension and enrichment of lessons is marvelous. My children love school and respect their teachers and fellow students.

Gainesville Country Day School
6801 Southwest 24th Avenue, Gainesville, FL  32607
Last modified Gainesville Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Gainesville Country Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top