Posted June 01, 2012
When Gainesville Christian Academy closed, my wife and I decided to put our son and daughter into Westwood Hills Christian School. The friends we had carpooled with chose public school. The difference has been huge, and very positive from our point of view. Westwood Hills educated our children in an atmosphere of love, one where the Bible and the Christian world view were intelligently presented as a part of academic studies. Our children learned to live as educated Christians, to see the world as God s handiwork and this life as a blessed opportunity to show His glory. Both eventually went on to UF and USF with scholarships, but, more importantly, they formed a group of friends that helped them live as Christians, and for that we are eternally grateful to Westwood Hills.

Posted May 31, 2012
I would highly recommend this school. There are various academic opportunities offered at this school that aren't offered at other schools of the same size. The secondary school has expanded its curriculum exponentially with the addition of a virtual lab which allows students to take a wide variety of courses from driver's ed. to forensic science. The high school instructors ALL have master's degrees or higher. The class sizes are small so that ensures that all students are getting individualized instruction that is not offered at large public schools.

Posted May 31, 2012
Westwood Hills Christian School is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. It has a great family atmosphere while also providing challenging academics. Teachers are caring, loving and superb in instructional delivery and communication with parents. The school strives to meet the needs of each individual student. One of a kind in its attention to the needs of students.

Westwood Hills Christian School 1

Posted February 19, 2012
This school is highly below the standards. The cirriculum is off and students are continually bullied with no diciplinary action taken. students from grades sixth through twelth grade engage in the same work and most teachers are teching without a degree. It is family orrientated and they favor students who parents work at the school. I am highly dissapointed with this school. I earned good grades that i didnt have to work hard to get or put effort in. I do not reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted June 27, 2009
I have no regrets in sending my 3 children at WHCS. The teachers have been informative on my children's progress/lack of progress. I love the Christian environment and the A-Beka Program. Overall, the teachers are terrific. I believe strongly in the A-Beka Program. My children have done so much better here than at the Public School. I am trying to get another children to attend WHCS for next year. As far as Pastor Jethro, I think he is a fair and a loving Principal. He listens to you, the parent, and he also follows up with the student. He doesn't make fast decisions as he thoroughly investigates all facts before rending a 'Fair' decision. I highly recommend this school and I strongly disagree with the negative reviews previously documented. I have been associated with this school for over 6 years and I truly respect the staff.

Westwood Hills Christian School 4

Posted June 15, 2009
I have been cautiously happy with this school for two of my children this past year. Although one of my sons was retained and is doing Virtual summer school now, it is due to his own fault and I do not blame the teacher as she went the furthest mile IMO to help him along, he just plain didn't do all the work. My other son (young high school) did average here, less well than at public middle school the year before. I blame him also, for lackadaisical attitude toward his homework. I liked the H.S. teachers, but I agree with another reviewer in that the turnover of teachers seems to be frequent, and we have only been here one year . Principal Jay Jethro has been available and responsive to my concerns on a variety of issues. Office staff OK, could be friendlier.

Westwood Hills Christian School 1

Posted February 22, 2009
We were disappointed with Principal Jay Jethro as we have given him complaints and he has basically told us he would do something about it and then he would do nothing or almost nothing. Cleanliness conditions are very bad. Children are undisciplined.

Westwood Hills Christian School 0

Posted September 14, 2008
This school has been a huge turn around for my son. Every school has it's own set of issues. Here at WWH my son is in an environment where thethings that were tollerated in public school are not here. He has excelled academically and spiritually. He loves his scripture awards and looks forward to the bible reading. He has had the best teachers I could ask for. They are after God's own heart and able to teach and love our children as if they were there own. I feel that this school is the best my son has ever been involved in. West Wood Hills is a great school.

Westwood Hills Christian School 2

Posted July 27, 2008
I've attended one year of Westwood Middle school and have to say I found it highly below the standard of what I find to be a good school. Problems arose several times and nothing was done about it, with teachers, one in particular. Staff is for the most part friendly especially the head pastor and principal. However some problems I noticed as a highschool student: 1) Math only goes up to Algebra 2 and Geometry. 2) The math teacher while incredibly nice, can't keep students under control and doesn't have a degree. 3) Language arts and History teacher is sex obsessed, as she brings up the subject constantly, and made my life, as well as every other students life miserable, she's not strict, she's biased, and though reports were filed nothing was done. Give it a shot if you have the money and time, otherwise for cautious people stay away.

Posted October 15, 2007

Westwood Hills Christian School
1520 Northwest 34th Street, Gainesville, FL  32605
Last modified Westwood Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Westwood Hills Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top