Gainesville, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 28, 2014
Millhopper Montessori is a wonderful school in which we have seen our daughter absolutely thrive. All the teachers have been warm, caring and talented. There is also a great sense of family and community among the teachers, parents, and students. We couldn't be happier with the quality of the education our daughter has received.

Posted May 12, 2014
My child attends the middle school at Millhopper Montessori. We are incredibly pleased with the curriculum and the teachers at Millhopper. The atmosphere of teamwork, friendship among the kids, and the ability of the teachers to attend to the needs of the children, in my opinion, is unparalleled with any other middle school in town. I've watched many of the middle school graduates transition into the IB program and Cambridge programs without any trouble and expect our child to do the same. It's been a pleasure attending Millhopper.

Posted April 22, 2014
This school is well worth my daily 50 minute commute to get here. I have taught for more than 20 years. Most of my experience has been in Montessori kindergarten and pre-k but I have also worked in the public school system and for Head Start . When I moved to this area in 2006, I looked at this school and all the other Montessori programs in the area. I knew right away that this was the school I wanted to work at. Unfortunately at the time they were not in need of a teacher so I left my name and resume and took a job teaching second grade at the public school less than a mile from my home. While I enjoyed very much working with the children there, I certainly missed the Montessori materials and methodology I love so much. When I was called and asked if I was still interested in a position here a year later I chose this school and this job, taking a pay cut and adding a long commute daily. I do not regret that decision one minute because of the quality of this school, and the people who work here. It is the best and I want to be a part of this superior team. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants the best learning experience for their child.

Posted April 17, 2014
Although I was concerned with the negative reviews I read here, I have enrolled my two sons at Millhopper Montessori. After two tours and several interviews with other Millhopper Montessori parents, I am certain that I have made right choice. As an educator myself, I am impressed with the format and rigor of the curriculum. The teacher appear to be committed to providing relevant and engaging information to their students. The facility is bright and clean. The staff are friendly and inviting. I am excited about my decision to enroll my sons, and look forward to what Millhopper Montessori will bring to my children's education.

Posted April 17, 2014
My two children both attended this school from preschool to their elementary years. I loved the calm, peaceful, and beautiful environment for them as young children. They were allowed to progress at their own pace, utilizing their strengths or taking extra time when they needed to. The teachers showed a deep care and understanding of my children, who were always happy to go to school. Their was a strong community feel between the families and teachers. A Montessori education is not a fit for everyone, and of course, no one school can serve every child's individual needs. However, I am extremely happy with my children's experience.

Posted March 21, 2014
Being a fellow educator, my husband and I spent a great deal of time searching for the best learning environment for our five-year-old. We visited several schools in town, but Millhopper was the one school that met all of our needs (and has continued to do so for the past two years). If you are looking for a school that cares about your child, promotes self-confidence, is academically challenging, and very communicative, than Millhopper is a perfect choice. Our daughter has been with the same teachers and friends for two years, and she just adores them. Every day she tells me something new that she has learned. She is reading very well and has begun multiplication. Most importantly, she is a confident young person who enjoys learning and school very much. I highly recommend Millhopper Montessori.

Millhopper Montessori School 1

Posted February 07, 2014
Terrible place for my kid. Some kids may succeed here but they struggled with even a moderately active boy. we ended up pulling him out and within two weeks, three more boys all left additionally, when they divided up class, they put all the white kids in one room and all the rest in the other. they sent home a letter saying that it was by chance, but it was pretty remarkable to see. kids are not little adults and shouldn't be treated that way

Millhopper Montessori School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
Our son attended MMS for his first year of preschool (age 4), but unfortunately didn t enjoy it. We loved many things about the school: the teachers were friendly and professional, providing him with activities that matched his interests and letting him move at his own pace. The academic side was there, but the social guidance part was lacking. Most of all, we wanted him to grow in character, confidence, and social maturity. Instead of each day greeting the people he should have become comfortable with, he would hide behind me, begging to go home. At the time, we just thought it was his personality. But we are seeing such a dramatic difference at his new school that now in hindsight we can see he just didn t feel accepted and cared for the way a 4 year old spending his first year outside the home needs. For his first year, I wish he d had unlimited hugs, acceptance as a whole person, and a strong bond with his teachers and class fostered as a top priority. Thankfully we have found that in his new school. While he did grow and develop in many ways at MMS, and most of his classmates seemed to be thriving, it just wasn t the optimal environment for our son.

Posted January 18, 2013
The best quality school in Gainesville. This is our fourth year in MMS and totally satisafied with the teachers, their teaching philosophy, and curriculum itself. Everyone in school tries to provide a safe learning envionment for every child regardless of race, culture, and religion. This school is very acedemic but also humanistic as well.

Posted December 18, 2012
We love this school! When you walk through the door it has a peaceful atmosphere, the children are "children" and don't act or dress like 25 year olds. Yes there is a high standard of behavior, but we wanted that in a school. Children learn best in a structured, calm environment. Our daughter had a speech delay and began MMS at 21/2 this past year. She sings constantly (even in Spanish!) and is speaking non stop since her language explosion. This school has made all of the difference for our little girl and her confidence. The middle school children all know her name and say good morning to her and give her high fives. We know she loves school because she stands at the front door on Saturdays and asks to go to school.

Millhopper Montessori School
8505 Northwest 39th Avenue, Gainesville, FL  32606
Last modified Millhopper Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Millhopper Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top