Gainesville, FL

Posted April 28, 2014
We love Talbot. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing the best education for our children - this includes academic achievement as well social and moral responsibility.

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is committed to society. Develops activities that is contributing to the good training of students.

Posted August 16, 2011
We recently moved out of state, but our daughter attended Talbot from grade 2 through 5. She had a wonderful experience with teachers who engaged the students and really seemed to care. We also enjoyed occasionally meeting up with other families at nearby parks after school. LOVED the Halloween Carnival!!! We miss this great neighborhood school.

Posted August 05, 2011
My son did not adjust to kindergarten very well. But with the help and cooperation of Ms. Skipper, Mr T. and the principal we made some real progress and a good understanding of the issues/problems he was having. I really appreciated the time and effort that was made to help him. I knocked off a star because I do agree with prior poster concerning EDEP. I did not like my son there and honestly did not feel that Ms. Amanda was very kind. My son already had issues in his classroom and him having to stay after school I think most likely exacerbated the problem. Overall I felt this was a very good school, with good staff and students.

Posted December 28, 2010
After we moved here,our youngest child started Talbot. He has an excellent teacher,has made friends,and is doing great academically-learning more than we would have imagined. Talbot is full of positive people and effective teachers, and the vast majority of parents I have spoken to couldn't be happier with the academics.That said, there are some concerns. First, the After School program (EDEP) is a joke. Parents are caught between a rock and a hard place; they work and have to pick their kids up after work, and don't want them riding buses to other after school alternatives which ride them all over town.Here your kid is just one of the many, and ALL ages (K-5th) are lumped in activities together, leading to little ones picking up on much too mature behaviors, and even getting bullied. Parent concerns fall on deaf ears, and many parents feel the same way but feel stuck. A word of caution in case you need after school care-EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS. Also, while the PTA is active, it seems cliquish, and unfairly meets when most parents are working (8 am!)-neither my wife or I have yet to be able to make any of the meetings. Otherwise the school is solid and A+ in our book.

Posted October 12, 2010
I like the teachers here really care about every kids, really care about the students are studying not just have fun. My daughter went to 2nd grade in Ms. Winnermark class, she is so great a teacher, she is like a mother who has every kids in her hearts, and know every things about each kids, when you talk to her, she can give you the most valueble advice.

Posted April 09, 2010
Talbot is a hidden pearl in the Gainesville area. It's a great school with high academics and teachers' involvement in the students' progress. The school is safe and good behaviour is a must. The enrichment or gifte program is very good with very excelent teachers. I just wish it could be longer in the lower grades. I'm very happy with Talbot and the parent involvement is excellent.

Posted February 13, 2010
We sent our son to Talbot after he had attended a small, private school for several years. I had friends who were very pleased with Talbot, but I knew that I would not be as pleased with this school as I had been with the private school. Or so I thought. I have been extremely impressed with the caring attention that the teachers give the students and the warm feeling at the school. All staff throughout the school have been pleasant and helpful. I recommend this school highly.

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted November 24, 2009
I absolutely adore this school! The teachers are wonderful, the staff is always happy and helpful, and the principal is available. There are plenty of involved parents and the PTO raises a lot of money each year. I'm very happy with this school!

William S. Talbot Elementary School
5701 Northwest 43rd Street, Gainesville, FL  32653
Last modified William S. Talbot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William S. Talbot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top