685 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We moved to Gainesville from Nebraska last year and had our daughter in 2nd grade. It was the worst experience for both my kid and we as parents. There is no standards followed and the principal is never seen outside. Thank god, we moved to Plano, TX for this year and she is having a blast.

If you're a parent or teacher at this school, the glory days are probably over. The Alachua School system is about to transfer an administrator from Glen Springs that is without a doubt most incompetent person to run your school. The only way they can continue to employ this individual is to transfer them to a high performing school. My advice to you, is if you teach or send your child to this school is to seriously reconsider your employment location or child's school choice. The administrator will totally ruin the teachers morale at this school and at that point the school in essence will be ruined with it. Just ask someone from Glen Springs for the truth!!!!

We moved from a private school and we are positive impressed with teacher's commitment and care toward their students.There is very good communication between the teacher and parents. Talbot has a safe environment and good parent involvement.

We love Talbot. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing the best education for our children - this includes academic achievement as well social and moral responsibility.

My school is committed to society. Develops activities that is contributing to the good training of students.

We recently moved out of state, but our daughter attended Talbot from grade 2 through 5. She had a wonderful experience with teachers who engaged the students and really seemed to care. We also enjoyed occasionally meeting up with other families at nearby parks after school. LOVED the Halloween Carnival!!! We miss this great neighborhood school.

My son did not adjust to kindergarten very well. But with the help and cooperation of Ms. Skipper, Mr T. and the principal we made some real progress and a good understanding of the issues/problems he was having. I really appreciated the time and effort that was made to help him. I knocked off a star because I do agree with prior poster concerning EDEP. I did not like my son there and honestly did not feel that Ms. Amanda was very kind. My son already had issues in his classroom and him having to stay after school I think most likely exacerbated the problem. Overall I felt this was a very good school, with good staff and students.

After we moved here,our youngest child started Talbot. He has an excellent teacher,has made friends,and is doing great academically-learning more than we would have imagined. Talbot is full of positive people and effective teachers, and the vast majority of parents I have spoken to couldn't be happier with the academics.That said, there are some concerns. First, the After School program (EDEP) is a joke. Parents are caught between a rock and a hard place; they work and have to pick their kids up after work, and don't want them riding buses to other after school alternatives which ride them all over town.Here your kid is just one of the many, and ALL ages (K-5th) are lumped in activities together, leading to little ones picking up on much too mature behaviors, and even getting bullied. Parent concerns fall on deaf ears, and many parents feel the same way but feel stuck. A word of caution in case you need after school care-EXPLORE OTHER OPTIONS. Also, while the PTA is active, it seems cliquish, and unfairly meets when most parents are working (8 am!)-neither my wife or I have yet to be able to make any of the meetings. Otherwise the school is solid and A+ in our book.

I like the teachers here really care about every kids, really care about the students are studying not just have fun. My daughter went to 2nd grade in Ms. Winnermark class, she is so great a teacher, she is like a mother who has every kids in her hearts, and know every things about each kids, when you talk to her, she can give you the most valueble advice.

Talbot is a hidden pearl in the Gainesville area. It's a great school with high academics and teachers' involvement in the students' progress. The school is safe and good behaviour is a must. The enrichment or gifte program is very good with very excelent teachers. I just wish it could be longer in the lower grades. I'm very happy with Talbot and the parent involvement is excellent.

Last modified William S. Talbot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.