Gainesville, FL

Posted August 07, 2014
After attending this school for three years and graduating an honor student, I can personally not suggest you to send your child to this school. Thanks Kanapaha for making middle school the worst years of my life! I would get bullied by a group of popular boys and the teacher didn't even care. Kanapaha likes to act like it does a lot about bullying but in all honesty, in does not. I favor the eighth grade staff since they do actually take you seriously, but I really didn't see this in sixth and seventh grade. Honestly, most of the problem is how some of their teachers see bullying but blow it off. A lot of racist and homophobic students attend this school-- I should know considering I was severely bullied for my race and sexual orientation from the time I came out. I really liked some teachers but I did not have a good experience in this school although I think it's mostly because of the types of families who reside in the areas the school is zoned for. I've seen so many white popular kids being able to get away with many things that other kids wouldn't have been able to do like this gifted white boy who was close with teachers would make fun of me for my race and they didn't care.

Posted January 16, 2014
This school has been wonderful. My daughter loves all of her teachers and the administration has always been receptive, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions that I've had. The gifted program is the best around and they really prepared my daughter for high school. Great school!!

Posted July 11, 2013
teechers are miserable, i ask a question and they make fun of me so all the students make fun of me to for asking. all we get is homework and busy work in school i wish i could learn more. i dont know how to fix things

Kanapaha Middle School 4

Posted October 29, 2012
I asked my grandson what he thought about going to Kanapaha Middle School. He said that he likes it and is pleased with his school and his teachers. That made me smile!

Posted May 16, 2011
It's embarrassing to see students write in and not even know how to spell or punctuate correctly - that in itself speaks volumes - doesn't it? Maybe they like it because they are not challenged! Very Sad.

Kanapaha Middle School 2

Posted April 19, 2011
This school is okay, compared to other schools in Gainesville, but the Gainesville school system is seriously behind the curve. I was so disappointed when my Sons started school here. I expected so much more for a big college town. The schools here are like 2 years behind the school up north. The teachers are okay. They seem to just teach out of a book and do not explain much. Also, it seems like for 8 months out of the year, they just teach for the FCATs. It's such a disservice to the children.

Posted April 12, 2010

Posted January 13, 2010
This school is the best im doing great im in an advanced class

Kanapaha Middle School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
i went to this school.! and i loved it.! i would love to go to this school again.! i liked everything about it.!

Kanapaha Middle School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
Everything the satff does puts childrens education and well being first! Top notch academics!

Kanapaha Middle School
5005 Southwest 75th Street, Gainesville, FL  32608
Last modified Kanapaha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kanapaha Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top