961 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted June 01, 2016
The people are very nice and welcoming, but the way the teachers taught, took time to adjust to.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 01, 2016
In a lot of my classes you actually learn life lessons, like how bullying effects someone, plastic surgery and to love your body, we even talked about careers and what would fit us. But a lot of teachers get to actually know what their talking about, and a couple do nothing; its you pass, you pass, you fail, you fail.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 01, 2016
I feel each class has a good amount of work to do, sometimes you'll even finish in class, but all the periods together are a lot. Some days I come back to school with some work not done, and do it in another class. :)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2016
I feel, that some of us students have to work for what we want. For example, just this year, I had to preserver through my weaknesses and try to get good grades before i graduate 8th grade. And my teachers were especially encouraging.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2016
The teachers are always open to new ideas and opinions, and when there is a personal affair effecting a student, the teachers, counselors, and deans, address it properly.

Posted November 18, 2015
Excellent school with caring and quality teachers. A great place for our tweens and teens to learn and mature.

Kanapaha Middle School 2

Posted August 14, 2015
After 2 years attending this school, this school was not as good as I expected it to be. Sure, it sounds like a good, excellent school, but this school is the opposite. I got bullied-- twice-- at this school, because there are people who try to be popular here, and it had to be them. I got severely bullied throughout my whole life. The kids here- They do not care about bullying, and they constantly do it to other people themselves. And they're homophobic and racist, as another review said it on here. I was judged all the time on my race, and ethnicity. I made no new friends. They would judge everyone, and make fun of them. The popular girls here, wear makeup, which is a very young age to be wearing any, honestly. Only little that they knew that makeup was not good for you, and your skin. The teachers here, who I thought would take care of me and everything, don't even care about their students, and only care about the testing. If you see that something is wrong, you should take care of it, not waiting around for a whole 5 minutes, acting like nothing happened. I hope that people realize that bullying is important, and that is the growing topic of today. The parents do not know what's going on when their kids go to school. So it's only safe to say that it's important to not care what other people think, and not to compare yourself to other people, because there's going to be people who want to make others feel bad. So my advice? Be cautious and alert, and stand up for yourself if you go to this school. This is only my opinion.

Kanapaha Middle School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
After attending this school for three years and graduating an honor student, I can personally not suggest you to send your child to this school. Thanks Kanapaha for making middle school the worst years of my life! I would get bullied by a group of popular boys and the teacher didn't even care. Kanapaha likes to act like it does a lot about bullying but in all honesty, in does not. I favor the eighth grade staff since they do actually take you seriously, but I really didn't see this in sixth and seventh grade. Honestly, most of the problem is how some of their teachers see bullying but blow it off. A lot of racist and homophobic students attend this school-- I should know considering I was severely bullied for my race and sexual orientation from the time I came out. I really liked some teachers but I did not have a good experience in this school although I think it's mostly because of the types of families who reside in the areas the school is zoned for. I've seen so many white popular kids being able to get away with many things that other kids wouldn't have been able to do like this gifted white boy who was close with teachers would make fun of me for my race and they didn't care.

Posted January 16, 2014
This school has been wonderful. My daughter loves all of her teachers and the administration has always been receptive, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions that I've had. The gifted program is the best around and they really prepared my daughter for high school. Great school!!

Kanapaha Middle School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
teechers are miserable, i ask a question and they make fun of me so all the students make fun of me to for asking. all we get is homework and busy work in school i wish i could learn more. i dont know how to fix things

5005 Southwest 75th Street, Gainesville, FL  32608
Last modified Kanapaha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.