961 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The people are very nice and welcoming, but the way the teachers taught, took time to adjust to.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

In a lot of my classes you actually learn life lessons, like how bullying effects someone, plastic surgery and to love your body, we even talked about careers and what would fit us. But a lot of teachers get to actually know what their talking about, and a couple do nothing; its you pass, you pass, you fail, you fail.

Amount of homework: no rating

I feel each class has a good amount of work to do, sometimes you'll even finish in class, but all the periods together are a lot. Some days I come back to school with some work not done, and do it in another class. :)

Excellent school with caring and quality teachers. A great place for our tweens and teens to learn and mature.

After 2 years attending this school, this school was not as good as I expected it to be. Sure, it sounds like a good, excellent school, but this school is the opposite. I got bullied-- twice-- at this school, because there are people who try to be popular here, and it had to be them. I got severely bullied throughout my whole life. The kids here- They do not care about bullying, and they constantly do it to other people themselves. And they're homophobic and racist, as another review said it on here. I was judged all the time on my race, and ethnicity. I made no new friends. They would judge everyone, and make fun of them. The popular girls here, wear makeup, which is a very young age to be wearing any, honestly. Only little that they knew that makeup was not good for you, and your skin. The teachers here, who I thought would take care of me and everything, don't even care about their students, and only care about the testing. If you see that something is wrong, you should take care of it, not waiting around for a whole 5 minutes, acting like nothing happened. I hope that people realize that bullying is important, and that is the growing topic of today. The parents do not know what's going on when their kids go to school. So it's only safe to say that it's important to not care what other people think, and not to compare yourself to other people, because there's going to be people who want to make others feel bad. So my advice? Be cautious and alert, and stand up for yourself if you go to this school. This is only my opinion.

After attending this school for three years and graduating an honor student, I can personally not suggest you to send your child to this school. Thanks Kanapaha for making middle school the worst years of my life! I would get bullied by a group of popular boys and the teacher didn't even care. Kanapaha likes to act like it does a lot about bullying but in all honesty, in does not. I favor the eighth grade staff since they do actually take you seriously, but I really didn't see this in sixth and seventh grade. Honestly, most of the problem is how some of their teachers see bullying but blow it off. A lot of racist and homophobic students attend this school-- I should know considering I was severely bullied for my race and sexual orientation from the time I came out. I really liked some teachers but I did not have a good experience in this school although I think it's mostly because of the types of families who reside in the areas the school is zoned for. I've seen so many white popular kids being able to get away with many things that other kids wouldn't have been able to do like this gifted white boy who was close with teachers would make fun of me for my race and they didn't care.

This school has been wonderful. My daughter loves all of her teachers and the administration has always been receptive, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions that I've had. The gifted program is the best around and they really prepared my daughter for high school. Great school!!

teechers are miserable, i ask a question and they make fun of me so all the students make fun of me to for asking. all we get is homework and busy work in school i wish i could learn more. i dont know how to fix things

I asked my grandson what he thought about going to Kanapaha Middle School. He said that he likes it and is pleased with his school and his teachers. That made me smile!

It's embarrassing to see students write in and not even know how to spell or punctuate correctly - that in itself speaks volumes - doesn't it? Maybe they like it because they are not challenged! Very Sad.

Last modified Kanapaha Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.