Public charter
Gainesville, FL

Posted August 18, 2011
This is a wonderfully involved, very hands on, supportive school. My daughter has genuinely flourished here. The staff is wonderful, caring, challenging, & provide great direction. I was very impressed!

Hoggetowne Middle School 4

Posted January 25, 2011
My daughter and I love Hoggetowne. She does very well there academically and socially. She loves the theater and dance program there and her teachers are very easy to talk with, we keep in contact via email on a regular basis. This school has programs that other schools lack without missing out on the core subjects. Gaspar the Principal is well liked by the students and the parents. We look forward to the rest of our time here and my 1st grade son tells me he can't wait until he get to middle school to attend Hoggetowne.

Posted August 18, 2009
I love Hoggetowne Middle School. My oldest daughter started in sixth and is now going into eighth grade this year. I also have another daughter who will be starting in sixth grade this year. The 'new' principal is wonderful. He has a lot to offer to the school and the students. Both of my children have over a 3.5 GPA. Hoggetowne Middle School gives them the environment to grow and expand their minds without all of the garbage of a 'pubic' middle school. No child has to worry about being picked on, teased, or made to feel bad in any way, for any reason. Hoggetowne does NOT tolerate such behavior. Therefore my children know when they go to school everyday they will be learning in a stress free environment. We give them 5 stars across the board!!!

Posted March 08, 2009
it is the best i love it i am happy im not that cute and i am friends with 30 kids most of them are 8grade it os so nice to have friends for once im 12 6geade so stop being mean to me and my friends and most of all the workers thay are so nice.

Hoggetowne Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2009
The principal is rarely there and the school often seems chaotic and disorganized. The building, both inside and out, is dirty and there is often garbage laying around. I am sometimes embarrassed to say that my daughter goes to this school. However, many of the teachers are wonderful and are always willing to spend extra time helping her to understand the material. I think that with a stronger administration the school would have a lot of potential.

Hoggetowne Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2008
I will revisit this review next year when my student, who is enrolled in Hoggetowne, attends the local public high school. For now I am making the following observations: The curriculum is unique and has the potential to open unusual areas of learning for middle school students. Two examples of classes offerred to students are American Sign Language and their physical education class, Capoeira. However, the skills of the teachers to are yet to be tested. When the student enters high school, will she be able to compete with her peers in such areas as algebra and calculus, history and political science, english and literature. I've talked with her about things I believe a middle school student should know about history and the sinking of the Lusitania, and government and the electoral college. I only managed to get blank stars and confusion. I hope she can compete in her upcoming classes.

Hoggetowne Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
I am very happy with hoggetowne because my daughter seems to be progressing nicely. My only complaint is that as an absent parent I don't receive regular reports or notifications about parent teacher meetings i know that it is difficult but i feel that a child needs both parents to be interested in their school so i think the school has to make a genuine effort.

Posted November 28, 2007
My son really loves this school. The staff are very accepting of all students. He will be here for all his middle school years. The principal is very open to all suggestions, and has always been there to meet any need my son has had. I recommend this school to any parent. Also the atmosphere is safe! They have a zero tolerence for bullying.

Posted August 28, 2007
I think Hoggetowne is awesome the one on one time really is helpful. My child enjoys it and I am glad he will go all his middle school years there. The new teachers they have are great. It is wonderful wish it was bigger. The parent involvement is great, always willing to help it his shame other schools are that great with parents offering to help out.

Posted October 28, 2006
I have 2 children that attend this school and I feel this school offers alot of things that other schools don't. I like this school and wouldn't ever take my children out!

1717 Northeast 9th Street, Gainesville, FL  32609
Last modified Hoggetowne Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoggetowne Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top