Gainesville, FL

Posted May 06, 2014
I have a very bright teenager who struggled socially at both public and private schools locally. The Cornerstone staff has been very nurturing, and the students make every effort to include him both during school and in after school activities. Plus, the curriculum is challenging and requires kids to think a lot on their own.

Posted November 17, 2013
Independent thinking is fostered here in a loving Christian environment. The quality of education is second to non in the area. The students here go on to Senior College, many with scholarships.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2012
I currently have two children in Cornerstone - one in elementary school, and one in high school. At elementary school level they are exposed to challenging, hands-on curriculum, in academics, as well as art and music. The classical education model really proves it worth in high school. The students are taught to think through issues, reason and write very well. I am extremely pleased with my high schooler's growth in maturity, and attribute a large part of it to the classical Christian education he receives at Cornerstone. The teachers are highly committed, and the administration have the students' best interest at heart. Overall a great school.

Posted August 16, 2012
Fantastic leadership team, outstanding teachers and strong curriculum all in one school! Cornerstone is such a blessing to this community and we're so thankful for them! We would highly recommend this school to any family looking for a great Christian education.

Posted February 01, 2012
Cornerstone is a wonderful school. This is our first year and our child loves her teacher and the friends she is making. She is challenged by the work but we are thankful for that. The teachers are caring and the administration is responsive to parent concerns -- which isn't always easy with a large group of parents. They do a great job and are very committed to their Christian and academic mission.

Cornerstone Academy 2

Posted August 29, 2011
I have had horrible experiences at this school, and they have consistently ignored any and all problems that have been brought up by students and parents. They think that their school is perfect just because it is a christian school, and thus never shed any light on the multiple problems that are there.

Cornerstone Academy 0

Posted March 08, 2010
Being taught a Christian worldview with strong academics could stand alone as my reason for choosing Cornerstone, but there are others. These include nourishment, opportunity, acceptance, focus, responsibility, and friendship. I am so grateful for the opportunities my children have had through Cornerstone. Opportunities to include being able to participate in drama, sports, student government, event planning, even helping to prepare a new school! Being at Cornerstone teaches our kids that they matter, are significant, and have an effect on their community, either positive or negative. They learn self-control because they are in the forefront. There is no background for them to slip into to be 'unnoticed'. Seeds of leadership and talent that God placed in my children have been nurtured by gifted and dedicated teachers and coaches at Cornerstone. God is using Cornerstone to shape and mold our children for the future that He has prepared for them.

Posted September 02, 2009
I love how Cornerstone not only teaches my children but teaches them to think critically and logically. The classical education approach focuses on teaching a biblical worldview, something that is desparately needed today. My kids made friends so quickly too. It's like we've been here for years yet this is only our 2nd year.

Posted October 05, 2008
A truly awesome, Godly school where the focus is a great classical education based on biblical principals. Restores my faith in the private sector where teacher education and classroom management is often lacking. Not so at Cornerstone . . . a dedicated board, HeadMaster, principals, teachers, parent support group, extra curricular clubs too numerous to list -WOW, what a great school! God Bless!

Posted August 05, 2008
Great education. Wonderful teachers. I love this school.

Cornerstone Academy