641 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

This is a great school, that is under the demands of all of the state's standardized testing. The teachers and administration care, and do the absolute best they can for their students.

My daughter was in the Multi-Age Program at the school. It has been the most wonderful experience for her. She loves her teacher (with whom she has had for the past 3 years) and loves her peers. The parents are incredibly involved and have made the school experience even better. Between the buffets, school projects, and field trips, the entire family of each child has now become part of this wonderful group. Definitely a great social environment.

Well I was looking for the Littlewood website to send a compliment to one of the teachers there. Both my daughters attended Littlewood and we were so thankful for general kindness, attention and assistance given to them both. Both went through the Title I program for reading and both just started college. Reading being one of their clear strengths. (My youngest is quite a talented writer, yet SFC wanted her to start dual enrollment for her junior high school year because of extremely high math and science scores!) She struggled the most in 1st and 2nd grade but with the help of wonderful and kind teachers and the Title I program at Littlewood, it's all a distant memory. All we have are fond and appreciative memories!

It is hard to explain the level of fear and apathy reflected by the teachers working at this school. The children are like zombies and live in fear of having fun and enjoying learning. Its a mostly white school in a well to do neighborhood in Gainesville whose administration is stuck in the 50's. I feel sorry for the children who attend this school.

Terrible school for non-standard kids. My daughter attended this school for 2 years and we decided to leave and not enroll her younger brother with special needs. If your learning style or personality do not fit the standard fill in the bubble test, you will be at best ignored. It is very teach to the test which drags everyone to noncreative mediocrity. I researched the ESE for my younger child with aspergers and a very high IQ and would never place him at this school. The teachers hands are tied by an awful state curriculum and equally terrible principal.

Completely unwelcoming environment. My son's teacher consistently proves to us that she is unwilling to work with us in any meaningful capacity. Educators complain that parents don't get involved, and when we do we are met with indifference, resistance, and what can only be described as some sort of educational malaise. The gifted math is a disappointment, and I feel that there is no desire to improve on the schools part. Overall, I will be happy to have son out of this school next year.

My wife and I sent our three youngest kids to this school and every single teacher was incredible - they gave our kids a great education. But the most incredible thing to me was when my wife passed away a few months ago the teachers and staff took it upon themselves to bring the kids and I dinner several times a week for two months. They are truly awesome and show everyday, in the classroom and outside of it, how much they really care.

This school is great for special needs kids. The previous post was meant for Wiles Elem not Littlewood. I am not sure how that happened, but please know that this is an excellent school despite the principal's shortcomings.

Last modified Littlewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.