641 students|Alachua

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I think bullying is addressed quickly and effectively.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

There has been a several changes in the administration and it takes time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In particular the multi age program is great for leadership development. Also teamwork is strongly encouraged in the gifted classes.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are dedicated and passionate. As parents we always had a great and open relationship. We never were turned away and our concerns were taken serious.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Homework is okay. I believe there should be absolutely no homework for the lower grades, but also know that some rules are in place by the district.

My kids all go to Littlewood. My girls are in 2nd and the my son is in fourth grade. We love the school. The teachers are dedicated and have the best interests of our kids in mind. Lots of parents are involved and my kids have made long lasting friends. If you ask me this may be a large school, but still as the neighborhood charm. I can highly recommend it.

This is a great school, that is under the demands of all of the state's standardized testing. The teachers and administration care, and do the absolute best they can for their students.

My daughter was in the Multi-Age Program at the school. It has been the most wonderful experience for her. She loves her teacher (with whom she has had for the past 3 years) and loves her peers. The parents are incredibly involved and have made the school experience even better. Between the buffets, school projects, and field trips, the entire family of each child has now become part of this wonderful group. Definitely a great social environment.

Well I was looking for the Littlewood website to send a compliment to one of the teachers there. Both my daughters attended Littlewood and we were so thankful for general kindness, attention and assistance given to them both. Both went through the Title I program for reading and both just started college. Reading being one of their clear strengths. (My youngest is quite a talented writer, yet SFC wanted her to start dual enrollment for her junior high school year because of extremely high math and science scores!) She struggled the most in 1st and 2nd grade but with the help of wonderful and kind teachers and the Title I program at Littlewood, it's all a distant memory. All we have are fond and appreciative memories!

It is hard to explain the level of fear and apathy reflected by the teachers working at this school. The children are like zombies and live in fear of having fun and enjoying learning. Its a mostly white school in a well to do neighborhood in Gainesville whose administration is stuck in the 50's. I feel sorry for the children who attend this school.

Last modified Littlewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.