Posted June 04, 2014
The worst school ever. Teacher are busy taking selfies with students instead of teaching and grading papers like they are suppose to do. This school lacks security they are ok with kids skipping school, failing classes, and it's ok with the staff that students have sex on school campus and get high. The staff doesn't try to help the students who do try to make a difference. The teacher speak about students to the whole class when that child is absent. The worst school EVER!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
I would rate this school with no star's but it leave's me no choice but rate at least a one. I've had 3 boy's in this school (only because I lived in their district) and they've all done miserable there. My oldest had a 4.3 GPA prior to this school and he ended up dropping out because the teachers and staff are sorry!! Unfortunately my other son still attends East Bay for the 2nd year and discriminated against by the ENTIRE football coaching staff!! A coach can come from another school and bring his son to the Football Team and imidiately assign his son a "Varsity" locker!! I know plenty of dedicated players on the Varsity Team and STILL have no locker!! The coaching staff have "Their" favorite players and DO NOT care about all the other players that practice 6 day's a week!!! Yes, I will give my last name!!! Eachus!!!! I would NOT recommend that aweful school to anyone that happens to move to this district!!

Posted February 06, 2014
Horrible! We moved from Texas to here? Really? My son was an A/B student and when he started going to East Bay - he became a C/D/ F student and is FAILING! He told me the teachers don't care if he misses school or is late. He hates it there and I hate it for him. He has been getting pot from friends, skipping class, not turning in homework, the chicks there are fast. DO NOT PUT your child in this school! I am removing him in a few months when my lease is up! He WILL NOT be attending this school again nor graduating from it! I WISH someone would have been able to WARN ME!!! #REGRETS

Posted November 04, 2013
I can't believe this school has 3 stars! Are you kidding me? My daughter came home crying because the school was so bad. Drugs in hallways; drama kids; boys putting stuff down their pants for the girls to grab; teacher for an AP class that treats the seniors like elementary children. Are you kidding me!? This isn't even the projects, but the school is pretty close to it. I do not recommend any descent parent to send their student to this school. She didn't even get a lunch because admins don't know how to direct. We are very upset and are going back to the school tomorrow to see if we can do her classes online. This school is out of control. If I could put no stars...I would.

East Bay High School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
East bay gets bad rep but it's a good school.The students are just like every other student. The teachers are amazing just this one teacher named. All but a few in the English department they are kinda wack

Posted June 25, 2013
Honestly I Met Cool Teachers But They Dont Teach Well I Used To Make Good Grades And I Would Be Able To Focus Until I Came To East Bay The AP Sucks A** They Will Let You Off The Hook w. Anything Or If They Like You More Then The Other Person Its Very Boring Alot Of Fights , Um , Its Really SMALL And Crowded Im A Junior Now In That School And I HATE It w. A Passion Hopefully Lennard Will Be Better For Me , And Its Bigger ... But NO NEW Friends Thoo ! :*

East Bay High School 3

Posted January 17, 2013
The communication with the administration at East Bay High School is non existent. I don't know how many times I've called or emailed and nobody ever gets back with me. The teachers are pretty good about checking and answering emails, but the office staff is NOT!

Posted February 21, 2012
east bay has to be 1 of the worst schools in the county. that has to be staff writing positive reviews make them look better. I've been in there in the 08,09 school year, half of the students were pregnant! again it is not the schools fault when they do it in the bathrooms the time it is. I was kicked out of school because 1 of the other students threaten me with a gun. when I talk to my mom she told me to talk with a school resource officer, and he said they told me to let it go is just gossip.. a couple days later when she saw that I told she brought a knife school and I was kicked out!!! they did not take her threatening me with a gun serious at all this is a bully school and if you are a bully go to the school... it was the worsts of my whole school high school experience.. bathrooms are disgusting hallways are disguisting-er. there is a perverted staff administrator named mr.tipton that touches female students when trying to break up fightes that is nasty nobody should have to go through that.

East Bay High School 5

Posted November 21, 2010
I am a student at East Bay and honestly i'm appalled by what people are saying on here. East Bay is an Amazing school and i love going there. All schools have issues like drug use and teen pregnancy. And if you parents think that isn't true you really do have on rose colored glasses. The people that say our kids can barely "read and spell" are you completely incompetent? Everyone knows how to read. And even if they didn't, it would be the HIGH schools fault. Where is the blame on the elementary schools who's only real job is to teach us to read? We have some of the best school activities you could ask for. Our wrestling went 22-5 last year and so far this year we're 6-0. Our Girls Flag Football has been district champs for the past 3 years and are ranked 20th in the WORLD! The softball team won the STATE championship last year. We had 7 Swimmers qualify for State this year. Our womens chorus has gotten Straight Superiors at STATE for the past two years. 9 times out of 10 the people that have something bad to say about my school are the ones that go to school and just come home everyday. They are the kids that don't have any sort of pride or school spirit.

Posted August 26, 2010
I took my daughter to enroll her there 8-24-10 and right away notice how that the school staff is not prepared to handle and dicipline students. Yesterday, my daughter walked in for the first time there and saw 2 girls fighting, one of the teachers waited for them to finish and ask what is going on. One of the students started to blame the other using all kinds of curse words, what did the teacher said? OK now go to your class and don"t let it happen again. WHAT? The school my daughter comes from they would not put up with the lenguage alone, and even less with the fighting. On her class she had a girl that is pregnant and another that was showing pictures of her baby. My daughter is an Honor Student on 9th and was supposes to take pre-calculus, not in this school...

East Bay High School
7710 Old Big Bend Road, Gibsonton, FL  33534
Last modified East Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Bay High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews.