Gibsonton, FL
Students enrolled: 2,263

East Bay High School 4

Posted November 12, 2014
Eastbay has its flaws, what school doesn't but thats no to say its a bad school. I have been to many schools but the teachers here are a class above the rest, never have i ever felt that i was being disrespected or treated rudely. But another thing is Eastbay has a great character the "most" of the students are proud to be indians and always will. Eastbay is a great school that people often don't give enough credit to.

East Bay High School 3

Posted October 13, 2014
There are good teachers at East Bay, however too many of them are rude to the kids, and are past the time when they used to care. Many don't post on the Edsby site which is the prime form of communication w/parents, don't respond to emails or phone calls and when a response is finally given it is curt and questions go unanswered. The direction to our student is give respect and do as your told so as to get through the class. On the other hand I can see the frustration from the teachers who are forced to put up with kids cussing at them and being disruptive on a regular basis and State & Federal regulations/laws keep them from having any authority in class. However, if you can't take the heat it is time to leave the proverbial kitchen! Don't be respnsible for a class when your focus is on your retirement not your students. Small acts of violence occur regularly and teachers sit back and do little to nothing. We don't have a choice where our student goes so we do all we can to monitor Edsby, try to contact teachers, notify the principle, and pray our student can get through unscathed.

Posted September 12, 2014
I absolutely hate this school. the teachers have no respect for students. little tip advice for teachers. IF YOU WANT RESPECT FROM THE STUDENT YOU NEED TO GIVE THEM RESPECT BACK YOU TEACHERS ARE RIDICULOUS MY GRADES ARE AT RISK BECAUSE YOU CANT TEACH!! There are a few decent teachers but most of these teachers at east bay don't care at all. they call out the student in front of everyone and that's embarrassing.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 04, 2014
The worst school ever. Teacher are busy taking selfies with students instead of teaching and grading papers like they are suppose to do. This school lacks security they are ok with kids skipping school, failing classes, and it's ok with the staff that students have sex on school campus and get high. The staff doesn't try to help the students who do try to make a difference. The teacher speak about students to the whole class when that child is absent. The worst school EVER!!!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
I would rate this school with no star's but it leave's me no choice but rate at least a one. I've had 3 boy's in this school (only because I lived in their district) and they've all done miserable there. My oldest had a 4.3 GPA prior to this school and he ended up dropping out because the teachers and staff are sorry!! Unfortunately my other son still attends East Bay for the 2nd year and discriminated against by the ENTIRE football coaching staff!! A coach can come from another school and bring his son to the Football Team and imidiately assign his son a "Varsity" locker!! I know plenty of dedicated players on the Varsity Team and STILL have no locker!! The coaching staff have "Their" favorite players and DO NOT care about all the other players that practice 6 day's a week!!! Yes, I will give my last name!!! Eachus!!!! I would NOT recommend that aweful school to anyone that happens to move to this district!!

Posted February 06, 2014
Horrible! We moved from Texas to here? Really? My son was an A/B student and when he started going to East Bay - he became a C/D/ F student and is FAILING! He told me the teachers don't care if he misses school or is late. He hates it there and I hate it for him. He has been getting pot from friends, skipping class, not turning in homework, the chicks there are fast. DO NOT PUT your child in this school! I am removing him in a few months when my lease is up! He WILL NOT be attending this school again nor graduating from it! I WISH someone would have been able to WARN ME!!! #REGRETS

Posted November 04, 2013
I can't believe this school has 3 stars! Are you kidding me? My daughter came home crying because the school was so bad. Drugs in hallways; drama kids; boys putting stuff down their pants for the girls to grab; teacher for an AP class that treats the seniors like elementary children. Are you kidding me!? This isn't even the projects, but the school is pretty close to it. I do not recommend any descent parent to send their student to this school. She didn't even get a lunch because admins don't know how to direct. We are very upset and are going back to the school tomorrow to see if we can do her classes online. This school is out of control. If I could put no stars...I would.

East Bay High School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
East bay gets bad rep but it's a good school.The students are just like every other student. The teachers are amazing just this one teacher named. All but a few in the English department they are kinda wack

Posted June 25, 2013
Honestly I Met Cool Teachers But They Dont Teach Well I Used To Make Good Grades And I Would Be Able To Focus Until I Came To East Bay The AP Sucks A** They Will Let You Off The Hook w. Anything Or If They Like You More Then The Other Person Its Very Boring Alot Of Fights , Um , Its Really SMALL And Crowded Im A Junior Now In That School And I HATE It w. A Passion Hopefully Lennard Will Be Better For Me , And Its Bigger ... But NO NEW Friends Thoo ! :*

East Bay High School 3

Posted January 17, 2013
The communication with the administration at East Bay High School is non existent. I don't know how many times I've called or emailed and nobody ever gets back with me. The teachers are pretty good about checking and answering emails, but the office staff is NOT!

East Bay High School
7710 Old Big Bend Road, Gibsonton, FL  33534
Last modified East Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Bay High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top