2,263 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a senior at East Bay High and I have attended East Bay since I was a freshman. There is no school I would have rather gone to. This school has great programs and caring teachers, like Mr. Brian NeSmith, Mrs. Krista Blanchette, and Ms. Wade. Ms.Wade is an amazing english teacher, if you work hard and be respectful you will succeed and if you fall behind she helps you recover, she cares about her students and each of their futures. Mr. NeSmith is the choral director and he is wonderful at his job, he is kind and full of school spirit that spreads through anyone he talks to. Mrs. Blanchette is our theatre director and she is one of the strongest people I have every had the pleasure of meeting, she won't be soft on you she will tell you exactly what you are doing wrong but the main thing is that she will also tell you how to get it right. I have been in the choral and drama department since freshman year and they have given me the best memories and taught me so much and yes this school does have some issues but honestly tell me what high school doesn't? I don't believe there is any place better to send your student.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

When a child is late for class, they are sent to ISS. This is unacceptable. In college, professors do not care if you are late to class.

My kids attend East Bay High school and have had a great experience. They love the teachers and staff

My son is a sophomore and in all Honors classes and plays football. He has not had any negative experiences so far and has a great group of friends. All of his teachers are easy to contact and have been a positive influence in his learning. The principal and administration are very positive about their school and seem to strive to do what's best for the students. I'm very excited that my kids will graduate from mine and their daddy's Alma Mater.

This school is full of basic people...that's why it's average and not above, yall all basic in Florida!

Nothing but trouble. Drugs, violence, un-involved teachers. I pulled my children out and have them in an online school rather than subject them to this school. I have one student left at East Bay High School, only because he is a senior and will soon graduate. The drug culture is out of control and the school resource officer suggests that I take my student to a different school. Well, if that's the recommendation.... Just avoid enrolling your kid here. Hillsborough County has charter and magnet schools, use them to your advantage and keep your kids out of East Bay.

First impression of the school was horrible, the staff members are rude they do not help with anything. I asked a student if he liked the school and he said no that the worst part of the school are the students and he can't wait to move. I attended steinbrenner high school before and the difference is major, east bay is a C school. I do not recommend any kids to come to this school. I'm not attending for long im switching to virtual school. Yes it's that bad.

Eastbay has its flaws, what school doesn't but thats no to say its a bad school. I have been to many schools but the teachers here are a class above the rest, never have i ever felt that i was being disrespected or treated rudely. But another thing is Eastbay has a great character the "most" of the students are proud to be indians and always will. Eastbay is a great school that people often don't give enough credit to.

There are good teachers at East Bay, however too many of them are rude to the kids, and are past the time when they used to care. Many don't post on the Edsby site which is the prime form of communication w/parents, don't respond to emails or phone calls and when a response is finally given it is curt and questions go unanswered. The direction to our student is give respect and do as your told so as to get through the class. On the other hand I can see the frustration from the teachers who are forced to put up with kids cussing at them and being disruptive on a regular basis and State & Federal regulations/laws keep them from having any authority in class. However, if you can't take the heat it is time to leave the proverbial kitchen! Don't be respnsible for a class when your focus is on your retirement not your students. Small acts of violence occur regularly and teachers sit back and do little to nothing. We don't have a choice where our student goes so we do all we can to monitor Edsby, try to contact teachers, notify the principle, and pray our student can get through unscathed.

I absolutely hate this school. the teachers have no respect for students. little tip advice for teachers. IF YOU WANT RESPECT FROM THE STUDENT YOU NEED TO GIVE THEM RESPECT BACK YOU TEACHERS ARE RIDICULOUS MY GRADES ARE AT RISK BECAUSE YOU CANT TEACH!! There are a few decent teachers but most of these teachers at east bay don't care at all. they call out the student in front of everyone and that's embarrassing.

Last modified East Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.