Gibsonton, FL
Students enrolled: 1,259

Posted March 02, 2015
My daughter went to Eisenhower for 7th and 8th grades. She has blossomed to be self-assured individual. She has made great friends that she has been keeping in touch with even after we have left the state. The teachers have been very helpful and approachable, and on several instances, I have proven her counselors to have gotten out of their way to address "my" issues. It is my personal belief that as parents, it is our responsibility to be pro-active in our children's education. The teachers and staff of any organization are people, too. Establish a rapport with them at the start, contact them for any concerns throughout the school year, and coordinate with them all plans towards your child's educational plans. These little things can surely enhance our children's learning experience. After all, our children come first.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 12, 2015
First, the good news: Many of the teachers are wonderful and caring. But the administration is the worst I've encountered during my child's nearly complete journey through Hillsborough County's K-12 system. I don't think the Eisenhower administration ever got a schedule straight, meaning my child started off behind the eight-ball due to delays in getting her into the appropriate classes -- every semester. This sort of thing is understandable if it happens once or twice, but it was the rule rather than the exception at Eisenhower. The guidance counselor I dealt with was uniformly awful. She was clearly more concerned with covering her own butt rather than trying to resolve bullying incidents or figure out what was going on among students on campus. Yes, it's a difficult job, but there's no excuse for doing it poorly. My kid ended up going outside our district to high school, and while that experience hasn't been perfect, it has been an incredible improvement over Eisenhower. If I had it to do over again, I would never send my child to Eisenhower. I feel fortunate that it didn't completely wreck her education rather than just give us obstacles to overcome.
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 26, 2014
My child has been at this school now 2 yrs his grades have improved drastically. He came from Barrington where he was being bullied every day and his grades dropped really bad, this school is a great school, they care about the students and there future, my other child will be going here next year, this school has come along way, I've seen many changes. Keep up the great work.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2014
Worst school you could send a kid to. This school is a trap. Don't let your child fall into it like my parents did. This school is hostile with an unconcerned staff. I attended this school a few years back and if its anything like I can remember you'll be sure to find fights, bullying, pregnant girls, drama, rude teachers and "8th graders" who look like they could be men... hmmm. This is the worst school I had ever been to in my life so I am warning you. Don't let your kids go through this BS, send them to Barrington. PLEASE, close this school down.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2014
Hi I Like This School I Am In 8 Grade And It Is Good School . I Think It Should Have More Electivs But It Is Great School I Like It A Lo

Eisenhower Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2014
There is a lot of bad verbiage in here about this school. I debated not sending my daughter here. After talking with other children in the school, I decided to give it a shot. My daughter likes it and there are no issues. She did have one brush with angry kids, I told her to pick her friends and stay in the right crowd. She has and this is her last year there. She is doing very well. Her teachers were hit or miss. Most of them were very easy to contact and discuss her academics. This year they are on the ball and very eager to assist her before moving to high school. I would not give a bad rating to this school as she is learning and thriving. Shame on you parents who put in bad reviews! GET INVOLVED!!! We did and it made the difference. Quit being a complainer and be a doer to assist our young minds. Your kids will grow up thinking school is for babysitting just as you do. I am involved and people know me at that school because I care. I will give this school four stars as no school in the county is five stars, sorry, just a realist!
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 22, 2014
This is a terrible choice for a school. Some teachers may seem nice at first, but end up being rude and inconsiderate. The kids there are out of control. If you want your child to learn each and every curse word in the english language (and sometimes other languages), send them there. I have taken one of the electives there and found that we did nothing but play on computers and build bottle rockets the entire year. This school is full of vulgarity and obscenity.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 29, 2014
Excellent staff and teachers. Lot of certain low income kids got chip on shoulders, which means swearing and fights but not as much as the other middle schools nearby. Overall a much improved school with most parents not giving a darn or getting involved. Great avid program and Njhs program. . The best m a in south county.

Eisenhower Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
fights fights fights, great teachers though. I loved all the teachers at eisenhower, they were very diacated to teach all students.Students not so much

Posted June 09, 2013
Eisenhower has made great strides over the past 4 years and i've seen it grow to a respectable school ... better than most middle schools in the county! unfortunately some people don't live in the real world. i've seen first hand more bullying & foul language at rodger's middle school & a increased closeness of the student body at EMS! This is a fantastic school if your child wants an education & some fun along the way! the teachers are top notch and the Principle a winner ... touting a record number of Jr Honor Society winners along the way! unfortunately there is a lack of Parent participation being alot of lower middle class & welfare families send kids here ... and they do not support thier own kids or the school they go to! that cannot be changed! but those that do make up for it with their enthusiasm! We cannot sell out kids out. and the staff at EMS is working as hard as possible to give these kids the chance thier parents won't! the kids are strong and with the teachers & strong Principle support will win in the end! thanks EMS for being a real wonderful school!!!

Eisenhower Middle School
7620 Old Bend Rd, Gibsonton, FL  33534
Last modified Eisenhower Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top