Gonzalez, FL
Students enrolled: 1,994

J. M. Tate Senior High School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
Health academy, Veterinary science, Early childhood education, video game designing, Multimedia academy. Tate offers so much more than most high schools. Art, 3-D art, and photography. Tates a very large school and there is endless sports, clubs, and after school activites to do. It's the school for anybody.

Posted July 31, 2013
Tate is one of the best high schools in the area. We are top in academies, not so much in football but otherwise its great! Teachers are helpful, staff is great, i love our principal and guidance counselors. You dont have to know a teacher or anyone to fit in or do great at this school. You just have to do something people dont do now a days because everything is handed to them: APPLY YOURSELF!

J. M. Tate Senior High School 2

Posted July 20, 2011
I am glad that other students have not had the problems that my child has at Tate. My child had only had problems last year and had NEVER had any problems with any teacher for the entire 10 years of school. We have taught our child very well and we do not blame others, but in SOME cases it just happens and some teachers should not be teaching at all. There are some good teachers at Tate, but there are bad ones as well.

Posted July 18, 2011
My daughter LOVED taking Honors Biology and the teacher was just wonderful. She also enjoyed all of her other honors classes this school year. We also LOVE the Assistant PRINCIPAL and every reasonable request we've made to any Tate Administrator has been honored. We've taught our daughter to work hard and not blame others when she has difficulty.

Posted February 11, 2011
i graduated from tate high school and i am now a wife and a mom! i live in another state now but if i were still in florida i know without a doubt my son would go to tate. ya never know we may end up moving back for that purpose ha ha. anyway this is a great school i loved my experiences there and all the teachers were awesome. by the way im looking for a bus driver from that school in 2005/2006 if you may have any info please give me an email for details. thanks

J. M. Tate Senior High School 1

Posted July 03, 2010
the only way you will do good at this school is if your on a team or you know a teacher.this school is bad, the teachers are rude and the people in th office do not wont to deal with kids and there rude, the teacher and princible tell you if your sick do not come to school but when i missed a week of school cause i was having migrans they told me thats no reason for missing school and told me i should of been at school.. all they care about is getting there fcat scores up. they had people from thet state come and the teachers told us if our grade dosnt come up the state will take over ad there will be nomore sports or band and everything.. the curreent princible is rude. and i dont get introuble.

J. M. Tate Senior High School 2

Posted January 15, 2009
I have 1 child that graduated from Tate and another attending Tate. I have found as long as you don't have to deal with the administration everything is fine. Just hope your child does not have an illness or a death of a family member or friend. I have found the principal and the asst. principal,Mr. Shackle and Mrs. Soderlind, very rude. The attendance office is the worst to have to deal with. The teachers are OK I guess they like to treat the teens as elementary students instead of teenagers,but that could be due to too many teens in one day and one planning period. I feel if the school district ran better the teachers would be happier. Too many Superintendent Assistants and not enough money for teachers.

Posted July 24, 2008
I am a 10th grader at tate and ummm I can say that you have to know somebody to do good at ths school. But its ok if you like groups. and a 2 acre campus. really big school. not to mention some crazy teachers. but the debate is really fun. FAB was stupid along with Stu.co but its alright.

Posted July 15, 2008
Tate has always been a wonderful school. I've heard countless stories about how fun it was. But i am a senior this year and in the past 4 years it has been on a slippery slope downhill. We have lost countless students and extra curricular activities for no apparent reason. I believe with a new Principal we should bounce back.

Posted May 08, 2008
i went to this school and graduated year 2003 this school was great i switched from escambia to tate and i intantly could see a diffence this school is a nice one and the teachers are helpful and you dont get students back talking teachers and being stupid like at escambia and other school ive went to in florida this school by far is the best high school there isnt even a distance between popular and unpopular when i went everyone fit in .

1771 Tate Road, Gonzalez, FL  32533
Last modified J. M. Tate Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. M. Tate Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top