388 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Pine Villa Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2011
I'm looking into placing my lil girl at this school. She is four and very bright. How do I get her into the Montessori program?

Pine Villa Elementary School 5

Posted April 18, 2011
Yes, it is a Title 1 school with fiscal challenges, and, yes, it has proven difficult to elicit effective parental involvement to help students improve further. In my humble opinion every staff member of this school works tirelessly to provide an excellent education, and the school is trying actively to develop a strong PTA foundation. Our child attends the Montessori program, and his academic experience has far exceeded our original high expectations of a magnet program (one of the K/Pre-K magnet teachers is the most capable educator that I have encountered in my own exposure to schools across US, UK, China, India and Middle East -- she would be a true "nation builder" of the highest caliber by South Korean standards!). And I am not the only parent to share this opinion over the years. Pine Villa is unfairly classified on this website by old reviews and even older scores, but local area parents who know better will appreciate the tremendous education that come from having excellent teachers for their young children.

Pine Villa Elementary School

Posted August 17, 2009
My boys no longer go to this school,but it was a great year. They started out in ESE and ended in gifted. The teachers are amazing and very helpful in all ways.

Posted May 07, 2008
I like the school. Too bad there is no parent involvement, or else the school would be so much more successful. The teacher are great! Administration tries their best. Clean school. My fifth grader has been since pre-k and think their Montessori program is awsome.

Pine Villa Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2005
This is my daughter's first year at this school and she is in kindergarden. The school itself is a clean school. They just added a new builing and they have a few new teachers. My daughter has a wonderful teacher who gives alot of attention and homework. She is always available to talk to and is always looking out for the interest of the children. That being said there are things that I do not like about this school. The language that I hear being used in the halls is horrible. My nephew is attending this school as well and has had many problems with a bully in his class and the teachers are reluctant to help. My daughter will not be attending this school next year. I give the school a C-.

Posted August 22, 2005
I think that it would be easier for parents to get involved if some of teachers were more friendly, and also if it was more encouraged by the administrators. I would like to have a better relationship with my son's teacher this year and future years to come. Overall I am very impressed with how well my son did last year Mrs. Jackson

Posted June 10, 2005
Great Montessori Program. Security level is great.

Pine Villa Elementary School 5

Posted January 06, 2004
I (The parent) and my kids love Pinevilla. I think the school and the teachers both past and present have and will always try their best to teach our kids everything they need to know to suceed. But the parents have to do their parts at home. Please the kids are the future lets all do our part to help them to be their best.

Posted August 10, 2003
we need more parent involvement. Parents need to come out and see what it is like for teachers to have there children all day. The teachers has to teach, discipline, control students. Its to many students in one class room. Where is our education going for our children. FCAT I hate it because a lot of our children are having a hard time because of this test. Parents its time to come out lets hear your voices. Thank You

Pine Villa Elementary School
21799 Southwest 117th Court, Goulds, FL  33170
Last modified Pine Villa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.