389 students|Holmes

Bad
Good

Posted October 23, 2012
As a former student of Poplar Springs and now a mother with children who are students of Poplar Springs, I can honestly tell you I wouldn't send my children anywhere else! Not only is the quality of learning fantastic, the parent teacher communication can not be beat! Our parents, teachers, and school staff work wonderfully together to make sure our kids get the best environment possible. Everyone is extremely involved, which in my opinion, gives the kids a sense of security and the confidence the need to thrive in all aspects!

Posted October 23, 2012
We are parents with two children in this school and we feel that out of all the schools in this community this one is the best. The teachers are great and have a good relationship with parents. There's a lot of parent involvement and even lots of grand-parents who are involved. I feel we chose the best school for our children.

Poplar Springs High School 3

Posted December 08, 2010
As a former graduate of 03, some of the teachers just didnt care enough. I had no problem, but i saw others that strugled and recieved no help. Some teachers supported favoritism too much. The need to do their job instead of playing buddy with the kids. Other than that, the school was just fine.

Posted June 15, 2009
I am a former Graduate of 2008, at Poplar Springs High School.I have alot of great memories from that school. Back in elementary school I traveled alot from school to school . when i went to Poplar Springs it was pretty much like another home to me. My dad wanted me to stay in one certain school which was HCHS . After going to this school .....I just could not go back to HCHS. I just felt welcome by everone. submitted by a 2008,Graduate of PSHS

Posted September 05, 2008
Poplar Springs High School is a wonderful place to educate your children. It is a small school with big expectations. The school is the center of the community and parents are very supportive. Poplar Springs has been a 'B' for three years. The school continues to strive to meet the expectations of parents and community. Students receive personal attention and excellent instruction from the professional and compassionate teachers.

Poplar Springs High School 4

Posted May 03, 2006
My grandson is in the first grade this year. We have had a very good relationship with his teacher. She keeps us informed on his progress and even calls us when she needs to. The academics are more than adequate for this grade level. The schools main sports are basketball and baseball. There seems to be more parental involvement with the basketball. As far as classroom activities are concerned there is usually alot of parents who become involved where the first grade is concerned. I can speak for other grades but I am well pleased so far.

Poplar Springs High School 4

Posted April 14, 2006
The quality of academic instruction is wonderful here. The teachers care about the children's progress on an one to one basis and provide direct instruction to the students. They could have a little more extracurricular activities for children to do here, but the parent involvement is wonderful!

Posted January 06, 2006
This is really a great school. I went here for several years, and acquired such a sense of small town 'values' that I realy don't think would be found elsewhere.

Posted December 20, 2005
I am a graduate of Poplar Springs and I have to say it was the best experience a person could have. Attending this great school, I learned alot more than just academics. Poplar Springs was like a home to me. If you ever needed help with a problem, whether it be school or home or personal, there were always teachers willing to help. Many of my friends and I still talk and have great relationships with our old teachers. I can't wait until my son gets to start pre-k. I know he will have as great of a learning and 'feels like home' experiece as I did. If you are considering enrolling your child in this great school, I wouldn't think twice. This would be the best decision you could make for your childs education. I also want to add more one on one time is great for learning.

Posted December 15, 2004
I'm not a parent but I am a former student at Poplar Springs and I have to say that out of all the schools I have been to Poplar Springs has the highest standards for the students. It may not be a big school but I think that it not being big is the number one reason why the school has such great learning abilities. It also has great staff members and an awesome girls basketball coach (Mr. Wells). If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be what I am now. He taught us team members to go for our dreams and never give up on ourselves! Coach Wells ur awesome!

Poplar Springs High School
3726 Atomic Dr, Graceville, FL  32440-7430
Last modified Poplar Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.