688 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Posted June 11, 2014
Two of my children attended Shadowlawn this year. One in fifth grade and the other first. I was very happy with my kids teachers and the activities they were engaged in. My son was recognized by test scores from another clay county school and they did not hesitate to farther his education and put him into gifted. That's exactly what our children need is to be challenged!!!! We are all very excited to return next year.

Shadowlawn Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2013
This school spends far too much time on practicing for the FCAT, using negative discipline procedures,ie. walking laps for recess, instead of addressing the actual problem, and using extrinsic motivators such as pizza, soda, and candy instead of instilling intrinsic motivators and values.

Shadowlawn Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2011
I am truly disappointed this year. My child is a fifth grader and is almost afraid to go to school. The cruel , unruly behavior and foul language is way out of control. Some of these kids belong in an alternate school. The teachers don't really seem to know what to do besides,"Give me your behavior chart". What a lousy way to discipline. These kids don't care. New principal way to easy going, start putting your foot down! Assistant principal is good at talking to them like they are in kindergarten. More needs to be done. Their parents should also be called and brought in for a conference. Start giving detention for verbal vulgarities and arguing with the teachers. As for the teachers this year, some need to move on to other careers , or go back to school and learn how to talk to and address the students. I have been extremely unsatisfied this year because I feel that no one cares. Especially with the awful things that have happened to my child.

Posted June 08, 2010
3 out of 4 of my children have been going here. And absolutely love all the teachers. I was able to enroll my youngest one for speech, and occupational therapy as well as join in on the regulary prek class activities. and he got tog to the sae school as his big sister and brother

Posted May 17, 2010
I have been very satisfied with all aspects of Shadowlawn. The teachers are very one on one,the activitiesthat the school participates in are both fun and educational,and the opportunities for student and parent involvementi n extra curricular activities in stellar. The teacher to student ratio is very balanced, and the amount of new technology and supplies to promote learning are very high. This is all in all a wonderful school. Being a military family, we have moved frequently, and the education that my children are receiving at this school have greatly factored in our career plans to stay in this area.

Posted May 29, 2009
As a parent, and educator, I am very impressed by this school. First, my daughter has had a fabulous kindergarten teacher this year. She is energetic, understanding, and on task. Secondly, to be a school of over 700 students, the administration knows my child by name, amazing! Thirdly, the PFA and volunteers are very active at this school. Fourth, I'm impressed at the variety of courses offered to all grade levels: art, music, PE, computer, and media center. Finally, as a military family, we are appreciative of the support the administration, staff, parents, and students give to our servicemen and their families.

Posted May 14, 2009
I have 2 children in this school (3rd and 6th grade). I have been very pleased with the school as a whole. The administration is awesome. It makes me feel good that most of them know my children by name. We have also had very good experiences with the teachers . The PFA (Parent Faculty Association) is very active in everyday activities of the school. Wonderful school!!

Posted May 13, 2009
My daughter is in 1st grade and LOVES school. The teachers are great and the building is brand new so it has great technology and resources. The PFA is very active and always has great things going on!!!

Shadowlawn Elementary School
2945 County Road 218, Green Cove Springs, FL  32043
(904) 213-2036
Last modified Shadowlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shadowlawn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top