Green Cove Springs, FL

Posted February 05, 2015
Very disappointed in this school. There are very few activities offered and the county could be on a 4x4 course schedule allowing students to take more classes but they on get 6 per year. All teachers do "grade welfare" giving students between 59-85 on assignments that aren't even turned in. Teachers say if they gave zeros it's too hard for the student to recover. It's tough to teach consequences when grades are given. The school is also in desperate need of a make over. It looks more like a detention center. The only positive is the teachers have excellent correspondence.

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
The teachers were pretty good with communicating, did a great job teaching, and it's apparent they care about the school and the students. They were very helpful when we sought 504 accommodations for our son. I was disappointed when we notified the school that we were leaving Clay County. I called and left a message for his counselor, asking what I needed to do to make sure his records were forwarded or sent to me so I could hand carry a copy to whatever high school our son would be attending. I never heard back. Our son gave notification that he was leaving the county, and I'm pretty sure we gave notice on the piece of paper the school sent home. School has been underway for nearly a month, and I have received a call from the school our son would have attended in Clay County had we remained there. (FIHS) Green Cove sent his records to them instead of the high school he attends now, whch is in the next county. I registered him there in JULY, and signed two records release forms, one of which his receiving school promptly mailed to GCSJH. Teachers: GREAT! Records and counseling staff: Not so much

Posted December 01, 2012
Worst experience ever! Came from overseas (DOD Schools) . The Records Clerk was the most unfriendly to other issues within this faculty! What a impression this school made with us! So sad to not be more interested in making are children transition into a public school. Very happy with Florida Virtual School! Teachers take such an interest! Will transition my son into High School. I thought this school was rated high????

Posted September 04, 2012
I was a student here. There are alot of drugs, alcohol, and bad influenced kids here. It's waaay overcrowded and there's almost no afterschool activities. The teachers are somewhat lazy, and when I was trying to get paperwork from the front office the lady totally forgot about it and I had to go up there a third time just to recieve what i needed. I'm glad I'm in high school now.

Green Cove Springs Junior High School

Posted April 25, 2010
This school is one of the oldest in the county and shows it. The school board needs to improve this school's physical being. Because of the socio-economic makeup of the majority of the children served, I believe this school is often overlooked.

Posted March 01, 2010
This school is overcrowded and barely has anything to offer with activities. It is horrible I would not recommend it to anyone.

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 5

Posted January 29, 2010
Love this school great teachers working enviorment and students that go here with me

Posted October 06, 2008
No worth while program for children with learning disabilities. They have the children watch movies all day long and they learn nothing. Once your child moves to another school you're told they are 2 years behind. No progress reports or homework is sent home on a daily basis. No emails or phone calls to parents when their child is not doing well in class. This school has very poor communication skills. In fact they do not have any skills when it comes to understanding and providing knowledge to disabled children. It's a shame.

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 4

Posted September 11, 2007
so far great teachers that care about the students

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 5

Posted April 25, 2007
This school is the best junior high! It has a great staff, and everyone of the students try their best, and succeeds when they put their mind to it. The teachers are very motivational, and are always encouraging! There are so many opportunities there as well, and the test scores are wonderful too! Go Cougars! PS. The majority of their sport teams are undefeated! Go Cougars!

Green Cove Springs Junior High School
1220 Bonaventure Avenue, Green Cove Springs, FL  32043
Last modified Green Cove Springs Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Cove Springs Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top