Green Cove Springs Junior High School 3

Posted September 10, 2013
The teachers were pretty good with communicating, did a great job teaching, and it's apparent they care about the school and the students. They were very helpful when we sought 504 accommodations for our son. I was disappointed when we notified the school that we were leaving Clay County. I called and left a message for his counselor, asking what I needed to do to make sure his records were forwarded or sent to me so I could hand carry a copy to whatever high school our son would be attending. I never heard back. Our son gave notification that he was leaving the county, and I'm pretty sure we gave notice on the piece of paper the school sent home. School has been underway for nearly a month, and I have received a call from the school our son would have attended in Clay County had we remained there. (FIHS) Green Cove sent his records to them instead of the high school he attends now, whch is in the next county. I registered him there in JULY, and signed two records release forms, one of which his receiving school promptly mailed to GCSJH. Teachers: GREAT! Records and counseling staff: Not so much

Posted December 01, 2012
Worst experience ever! Came from overseas (DOD Schools) . The Records Clerk was the most unfriendly to other issues within this faculty! What a impression this school made with us! So sad to not be more interested in making are children transition into a public school. Very happy with Florida Virtual School! Teachers take such an interest! Will transition my son into High School. I thought this school was rated high????

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
This school is one of the oldest in the county and shows it. The school board needs to improve this school's physical being. Because of the socio-economic makeup of the majority of the children served, I believe this school is often overlooked.

Posted March 01, 2010
This school is overcrowded and barely has anything to offer with activities. It is horrible I would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted January 29, 2010
Love this school great teachers working enviorment and students that go here with me

Posted November 20, 2009

Posted October 06, 2008
No worth while program for children with learning disabilities. They have the children watch movies all day long and they learn nothing. Once your child moves to another school you're told they are 2 years behind. No progress reports or homework is sent home on a daily basis. No emails or phone calls to parents when their child is not doing well in class. This school has very poor communication skills. In fact they do not have any skills when it comes to understanding and providing knowledge to disabled children. It's a shame.

Posted August 10, 2008

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 2

Posted October 02, 2007

Green Cove Springs Junior High School 4

Posted September 11, 2007
so far great teachers that care about the students

Green Cove Springs Junior High School
1220 Bonaventure Avenue, Green Cove Springs, FL  32043
Last modified Green Cove Springs Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Cove Springs Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top