Posted December 27, 2011
Our daughter had a choice between Fleming High and Clay High. After getting opinions from neighbors, most said go with Clay. We viewed Fleming High and Clay High both just to make sure. Fleming is new , large and offers a bit more in sports advantages but on the con side it was a bit too big and felt unfamiliar. Teachers were a new to the school as well (couple of years there at best so it didn't feel as family like) Clay is an older building, smaller facilities but a staff and administration that has been there for years and years. Everyone was very caring and old-school and my daughter chose it because it felt like a smaller family atmosphere. She loves it there. She made friends easily, likes her teachers and is doing very well. I think staff is very helpful, teachers and counselors are caring and the small environment keeps it family -like. Website could use improvement since it doesn't show all sports and activities offered but other than that we couldn't be happier. Our daughter is thrilled to be a Blue Devil.

Clay High School 4

Posted September 01, 2011
I just want to know if anyone that has used the pk what do you think about the school and the pk program? I have 2 children that already attend Clay High a Sr. & a freshmen, but next year I will have a pk so just trying to find the best one.

Clay High School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
I went to this school in the 90s and I absolutely hated it. It was the worst school I ever went to, and I was in a military family so I had been to quite a fe schools. I had the hardest time of my teenage years at this school. Hopefully it has changed since then!

Clay High School 3

Posted July 16, 2011
im going to be a new student at clay this year, ill be a senior,,how are the other kids about new students?

Posted July 30, 2009
as a former student of clay i had a wonderful time. Its a place i am truely and honestly going to miss. I loved my teachers and the advanced classes were challenging but not overwhelming. Sports are amazing. tons of school spirit. I enjoyed it beginning to end. I had straight a's in all advanced and ap classes and was able to maintain playing on a sports team. This school is one in a million. Go Blue Devils

Clay High School 1

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted May 04, 2008

Clay High School 0

Posted April 07, 2008
At first i was sad about leaving my friends at LAJH, who were all choosing to go to Fleming (after the first semester most of them came to Clay or just went to school hating it).Now i love Clay, its super amazing. There are a lot of cool teachers and its just a good school. There isnt any violence, rarely any fights and i feel safe going there. I recommend Clay to everyone! Mr. McCabe does a wonderful job!

Posted March 30, 2008
This spring my daughter will graduate from Clay High. She began at a larger school in the county where she was overwhelmed. We transferred her to Clay in the 10th grade. She has blossomed from a withdrawn teenager to a involved, concerned young lady with several college scholarships. I truly put all the credit at the doorstep of this awesome school, where the administrators have a sense of humor & perspective &the teachers are not only dedicated, but leaders in their field. CHS sees the best in each child & manages to help them reach their greatest potential. Students are not a face in the crowd, but individuals who are looked after & cared for. They are expected to behave with courtesy & respect the diversity in their classmates. At any county competition, whether music, sports, etc., the CHS students stand out due to their good manners and sportsmanship.

Clay High School
2025 Highway 16, Green Cove Springs, FL  32043
Last modified Clay High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top