PK, 9-12|Public district
1,402 students|Clay

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

If there is one thing my freshman year taught me is that I should never shy away from things- Mrs.Dunham taught me to come out of my shell Mrs.Ledbetter taught me that no matter how much someone teases you, in the future they might be working for you one day. Mrs Ledbetter also taught me to stand tall and live in no fear.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers, faculty, friends. They always tell us how to live life and how to be the very best. They are very honest with us and others. Recently we had a lockdown and they told us what was going on, the principal told us that a shooter was loose and on the lookout and he calmly said that we have a code red and we already knew that it wasn't practice so we all went under our desks and put our backpacks in front of us. The teacher locked the doors and she turned off the lights. We were all quiet, then when the announcements came on, the principal had a sadnesses in his voice and you could tell it was serious. He said " Hello there. Um... I just got the news that someone we know has lost their life today" The someone who we knew was the secretary's daughter. For blue devils, we make a promise. They protect us, We protect them. Once a blue devil, always a blue devil.

STILL A STUDENT AND I FEEL LIKE IM AT HOME. THE FACULTY MEMBERS ARE LIKE FAMILY TO ME! CLAY HIGH IS THE BEST FAMILY I EVER JOINED

Our daughter had a choice between Fleming High and Clay High. After getting opinions from neighbors, most said go with Clay. We viewed Fleming High and Clay High both just to make sure. Fleming is new , large and offers a bit more in sports advantages but on the con side it was a bit too big and felt unfamiliar. Teachers were a new to the school as well (couple of years there at best so it didn't feel as family like) Clay is an older building, smaller facilities but a staff and administration that has been there for years and years. Everyone was very caring and old-school and my daughter chose it because it felt like a smaller family atmosphere. She loves it there. She made friends easily, likes her teachers and is doing very well. I think staff is very helpful, teachers and counselors are caring and the small environment keeps it family -like. Website could use improvement since it doesn't show all sports and activities offered but other than that we couldn't be happier. Our daughter is thrilled to be a Blue Devil.

I just want to know if anyone that has used the pk what do you think about the school and the pk program? I have 2 children that already attend Clay High a Sr. & a freshmen, but next year I will have a pk so just trying to find the best one.

I went to this school in the 90s and I absolutely hated it. It was the worst school I ever went to, and I was in a military family so I had been to quite a fe schools. I had the hardest time of my teenage years at this school. Hopefully it has changed since then!

im going to be a new student at clay this year, ill be a senior,,how are the other kids about new students?

This school is an answer to prayer. My son was struggling and they accepted him into their school. The environment is such a wonderful place for students to learn and be accepted. The principal is the BEST. Teachers are very responsive to parent's requests. I am so happy with my progress/improvement in son's attitude, grades and involvement while he has been a student at CHS.

as a former student of clay i had a wonderful time. Its a place i am truely and honestly going to miss. I loved my teachers and the advanced classes were challenging but not overwhelming. Sports are amazing. tons of school spirit. I enjoyed it beginning to end. I had straight a's in all advanced and ap classes and was able to maintain playing on a sports team. This school is one in a million. Go Blue Devils

At first i was sad about leaving my friends at LAJH, who were all choosing to go to Fleming (after the first semester most of them came to Clay or just went to school hating it).Now i love Clay, its super amazing. There are a lot of cool teachers and its just a good school. There isnt any violence, rarely any fights and i feel safe going there. I recommend Clay to everyone! Mr. McCabe does a wonderful job!

Last modified Clay High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.