1,039 students|Clay

Bad
Good

My son went to Trinity in Jacksonville, wanting to move, I didn't want him going to a thug public school so we settled around Lake Asbury. The school demands more than Trinity according to my son, finds it a little more challenging here. He struggled a little but got the hang of it. Overall I think most teachers care however the 8th grade English teacher just goes through the motions, not really there to help whereas other teachers offer before school help each week. Staff has been great.

Second year my child attends this school. As a parent I find it very well organized, especially for amount of students attending. Band program is great and my child enjoyed it. Administration and Principal are excellent. Every time I go on campus it is clean, organized, teachers can be found easily and just all around great school. Could use more elective choices since size of student population is so large.

it is clean it is a big campus and i love the teachers here and mostly the principal

I'm a student here at LAJH and I moved here from Keystone Heights this year. The kids here don't welcome you at all if you're a new person. The teachers are really nice though. If you have a kid that fits in well then he or she will have a great experience, however if they don't then they will be completely miserable. I have been coming here for almost 2 months and I'd say overall that being a new person here has been just terrible.

The majority of the faculty truly seems to care about the kids. Lots of classes and activities to choose from. New students should be prepared to take accountability for their work. Parents should be sure to sign up for the smart web portal.

it is a great school. They have a great website to keep you updated.

My son has attended Lake Asbury Jr. High for the past 2 years. It is a fantasic school with great teachers and administrators. We could not be more pleased!

Last modified Lake Asbury Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.