710 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Posted January 17, 2015
This school just focuses on having their students pass the FCAT, they do not focus on whether or not my child or other children understand the material. But even if my child does understand, they most likely will not teach their students other things that do not contribute to the FCAT. I find that this school doesn't challenge my child with more rigorous work, they have always put my child in a class too easy for them. But an important factor that really discouraged me was their bullying policy, I did not like the way they handled this occurrence when my child was bullied, they did give the offender a warning but that was it. I clearly hope they do not think that giving a warning will magically stop the bullying. I also wonder if they really care about my child's education or their school's rating. And from reading the reviews before me it seems that there are also parents who have experienced bad services from this school, which is a faulty thing they could do, if they can't even educate right, why would they treat parents or guardians so poorly.

Posted December 13, 2014
This school is just awful. The administration experience is so bad you'll never want to talk to them after you give it your first try. They are not parent friendly, they do not have an open door policy, teachers do not take education seriously. When you try to shake hands with the Principal, she holds out a wimpy hand like you are not her equal. Beware...trust me. Move somewhere else if you can. The school rates a 5, it's more like a 2. If you want a kids camp, this is the place, if you want education, go elsewhere.

Posted November 10, 2014
I have a 6 year old. I love this school the best teachers .the best after school program. Principal I give her 5 start thank you for your hard work

Posted June 20, 2011
my daughter went to this school she liked it but i didn'd it took 2 month to get an appointment with the teacher. my daughter got a C in math the 2nd trimester and when i finally got in touch with the teacher and she told me what my daughter needed help on i went on line and printed out the stuff, she did the work and had no problem doing it. i dont know what is wrong with her teacher. also at the end of the year for the 5 graders there was no graduation and the day the "graduation" was on they change it the day before. they also sent spanish paper home with my daughter and we didn't speak spanish, they did that alot. the date on the calender was wrong alot of the time and when u called the office no one knew anything

Posted May 06, 2011
Use to be a great school til they got the new principal....the last three postings hit it right on the head! They aren't parent friendly AT ALL.They don't enforce The Anti-Bulling Law for one thing.Big issues in my kids life that! They don't care and they pretty much have this snotty better than you attitude ...granted there are a handful of great teachers there and thank god that horrid school has THEM!!! Its all a click with that school...god forbid you have a parent teacher conf...cause they already have the cards stacked against you before you even walk in there..(BRING PARENT REPRESENTATIVE WITH YOU!!) I hate this school and they have failed my children numerous times...and I don't mean grades!!!

Posted August 18, 2010
Ok, I know it's only day 2 of school and things get out of sorts but really??? My son is new to this school ( a transfer from another palm beach county school) I have had they worst experience ever .Upon enrollment i was approaced by a woman standing in the hallway eating a bananna telling me "are you sure this is your school"? uh yea lady i'm sure !!! is what i wanted to say.. I had a hard time understanding her because i don't speak a 2nd language. i talked w/vice princ. ( no one returns calls) they thought edline was a free lunch online site and sts they dont use it? WOW this place really makes me want to home school!!! I guess 2 months paid vacy does a number on some.. Greenacres ( is not the place to be) staff GET IT TOGETHER !!!

Greenacres Elementary School

Posted June 23, 2008
'This school has the worst councelors, administration and teachers. I went to this school several years ago and enjoyed it. So when my son started school I was so excited and knew it would be great but I was wrong. I felt that they really didn't care for the students or parents. Also, it was hard for ... Read more me to get involved with the school since all the pto and sacc etc. meetings were afterschool. They need to make it avalible for those of us who work so we can voice our opinion. Read less Posted by a parent on 06/30/07' When I read this review, I just thought, 'exactly.' My child was never commended for doing well, when school choice was offered we moved her and we are all ecstatic! :( Shame on this school!

Posted June 30, 2007
This school has the worst councelors, administration and teachers. I went to this school several years ago and enjoyed it. So when my son started school I was so excited and knew it would be great but I was wrong. I felt that they really didn't care for the students or parents. Also, it was hard for me to get involved with the school since all the pto and sacc etc. meetings were afterschool. They need to make it avalible for those of us who work so we can voice our opinion.

Posted June 08, 2005
This is a great school. The teachers and staff are very knowledgeable and caring. They work as a team to make every child be the very best student.

Posted August 08, 2004
Greenacres Elementary is a wonderful school! All the teachers are so helpful. I went there, it is a great place to learn and have fun doing it! I think every child should go. Everyone there is so extremley nice and caring. Also the education is excellent. I got into advance classes from going to Greenacres. So Greenacres is the place to be!

Greenacres Elementary School
405 Jackson Avenue, Greenacres, FL  33463
Last modified Greenacres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.