Greenacres, FL
Students enrolled: 2,985

John I. Leonard High School 4

Posted February 27, 2014
My child attends John I Leonard, she was in private schools all her life till 10th grade. She enjoys the school, the majority of the teachers care very much about the students. I was surprised to have a chemistry teacher call me just to let me know who well my child is doing in her chemistry class. My child is a cheerleader since the age of 5. She joined the cheer squad at JOHN I LEONARD however the coaching needs to be better organized, better communication with the squads and most of all they need to be consistent with applying rules the same for all cheerleaders not just the ones they prefer! The competition squad was a joke, 5 of the girls picked couldn't even do a simple stunt.

Posted May 16, 2013
Our son had a great experience at John I Leonard. The arts programs like jazz and marching bands. As well as the sports programs. You will always get out of it what you put into it. Go Lancers ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Posted March 15, 2011
GREAT SCHOOL! "A" SCHOOL! I am so happy that the school achieved the "A" I, as a parent, always thought they deserved! That grading formula only accounted for 10th Grade FCAT scores. Now it encompasses the entire high school experience. It now includes the high achieving juniors and seniors who are taking AP and DE!

Posted April 21, 2010
John I Leonard has been really great! We switched from a private school here and it has been a fantastic experience. I was worried about the switch, but the Academy Coordinator and Guidance Councelor have been so helpful, patient and attentive the transition was easy. Teachers and Guidance respond quickly to e-mail questions and seem always welcome to help. There are so many opportunities to succeed here with the Academies, the on-campus DE, the Saturday Success Academy, community service, sports and clubs. The Academy Awards for the kids and parents was great! Appreciated all the decorations, and little touches that went into it! Made me proud as a parent to see my child get rewarded for their effort and accomplishments! Made some friends there myself this year! Been a great year!

John I. Leonard High School 2

Posted September 10, 2009
The principal could not take 30 seconds out of her day when i tried to speak to her about an extremely important situation, she offered nothing, didn't offer a time that was good for her she didn't request a phone number to call me she left the poor woman at the desk to deal with me while she gave orders of what i should do to resolve the problem even when she went down the line and found out i tried all her suggestions, she still wouldn't come out of her office and speak to me person to person. I took the time to type her a letter and made copies she passed her copy to someone else and to the best of my knowledge didn't even read it! terrible leadership ms costa! at least the school has great deans and ms balilcki to help.

Posted July 26, 2009

Posted June 18, 2009
I have been a teacher at John I. Leonard for 35 years. There are many teachers who have been at the school for many years. The reason is because we are a dedicated staff. For example, the Dwyer Award is a prestigious award because it is the award for the most outstanding teacher in the elementary, middle and high schools in Palm Beach County. We had three teachers win the high school category THREE YEARS IN A ROW. That is an accomplishment that no other school in any of the three categories has accomplished. But there is one requirement any teacher has to have in front of him/her. You must have a student. Not a body. And a parent that is willing to get involved with the school such as going to parent/teacher open house (for 5 years I had not one parent show up after I cancelled my college classes.)

Posted June 03, 2009
I am a student at John I. Leonard High school, one that is actively involved with sports, clubs, and well pretty much everything. John I. has came a long way; my brother graduated in 07' and in comparison with then and now, it's truly a makeover (not just the building either). I love going to John I. If you want to succeed, all our teachers are willing and ready in any way to help anyone, as long as the student is as well. Don't judge our school on it's past reputation, come see for yourself what were really all about. Go Lancers, all day everyday!

John I. Leonard High School 0

Posted January 23, 2009
I'm a 9th grade student at John I. Leonard. The teachers are dedicated and help us out with our school work and help us deal with our problems. I like my Science class the most. We do fun experiments and my teacher is fun and he helps us become better students and tells us that we have to go to college :)

Posted January 23, 2009
Three of my kids have attended JILHS. They all attended college and are doing well. I am thankful to the staff at JILHS for giving them an adequate and equitable education.

John I. Leonard High School
4701 10th Avenue North, Greenacres, FL  33463
Last modified John I. Leonard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John I. Leonard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top