1,140 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am a teacher at TMS and believe that we have been privileged to have a great learning environment with wonderful young people and a dynamic staff. Some of the unique features of our school include the band and chorus under the direction of Mr. Caplin and Mr. Bermudez and our academic learning teams which infuse hands-on learning in each of the core areas to keep students both engaged and motivated. We are certainly moving from being a good school to being a great school. As a staff, we are all looking forward to the new school term which will usher in new Buccaneers and enriched learning.

i will be attending next year and im scared I just moved from congress middle and I like it there

I was a student from last year and looked at the reviews on this site only to see there aren't many posted for this year or the year before. So here I am ;). Whether you're checking this site because you're a parent or thinking of attending, you should always keep an open mind. As I've already said, there really aren't many recent reviews. So if you came here to see what the school's like, you won't have much luck. So what you read here should have only a little bit to do with your judgement of the school. It all depends on what YOU or your child makes of it. Of course, for me, I'd say that when I was an 8th grader last year, the best thing were my teachers. The best will try to educate you, have fun with you, and try their hardest to be there for you. I was lucky enough to have amazing teachers from 6th-8th.(Pssst, I was in gifted ;) ) But, if you want your teachers to be great, you have to at least be a good student also. Now, I'm not exactly talking about good grades, but you really need to get involved and be respectful. All in all, I enjoyed my time at Tradewinds. I go to Suncoast now ;D and so do about 8 other TMS kids. Go Bucs!!!

exelent because the teacher and parent involve ment is amazing and im so happy my son is in a great tradewind the home of buckner.

The school was awesome when my eldest attended under the leadership of Dr. Howell. However, now that my second is attending under this other principal, I feel the quality of leadership has declined somewhat. The teachers are all still wonderful but they could use better support from a more attentive principal.

I went to this school for 3 years, and for those of you who said Dr. H ran it like a boot camp were entirely wrong. He treated the school as if they were all his kids, not accepting it if any of us steped out of line. Where as Mrs. S, she has all her A.Ps do all the discipline for her. I would say since she took over the school it has gotten worse. This school however has teachers that are very understanding and amazing. I am now entering h.s with all college level (ap) classes. If i could have anything when i enter hs this fall, is that the teachers are as good as the ones at tradewinds.

My child is in the 6th grade and is on the honor roll in advanced classes. My family is low income and minority; which I only mention to advise those that believe low income equals low self esteem and education. My child thrives here amongst a very diverse student population. I turned down Carver's IB programme to keep her away from the belittling attitude of Boca/Delray's unaccepting attitude toward minorities.

The school is basically a 9-4 daycare. The majority of the students do not want to learn. The majority of students have no respect for themselves, staff, subs, or teachers. The root cause is attributed to being a low- income SES school; uneducated parents, etc. Student misbehavior is rampant, and the students do not care. To be fair, there is a small minority of students who want to learn. Unfortunately, those students are outnumbered by the students who just don't care. What a shame. In the end, Tradewinds Middle School does a big disservice to the community; take a clue from the NY School System. Students who don't want to behave should face expulsion. Lets place the blame where it goes.......

The principal (Dr. Howell) runs the school like a boot camp. Kids must act like robots, or the teacher is viewed as unsatisfactory. If you break the rules (even having your shirt untucked) you will not be allowed to participate in any after school activities. This makes many students feel negative about academics and they get a I don't care attitude. Middle school is hard enough hormonal wise, and adding more negative feelings is not helpful.

i love tradewinds because of our assistant pricipal Mrs J Smith. I love her so much nd i hope she'll come tis school year of 09-10. I u mrs. Smith!!!!!

Last modified Tradewinds Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.