1,010 students|Santa Rosa

Bad
Good

My daughter has done very well there academically and is also in gifted classes. Regarding the last post on here in Dec. 2014, you can tell that is a student, as my child has never had issues of low self esteem since we moved here Dec 2014 (7th grade). Nor has she had issues of students sharing blades, cutting herself, etc. My heart breaks for the student that posted that who is having a difficult time. I do hope you find the support you need and deserve! You are a bright shining star and I will be praying for you. I do wish the school had more clubs for the kids to be in where they can interact and build strong friendships, I do feel the school lacks that. The teachers also do not communicate and reach out to the parents, so that is sad, but I have taught my daughter to be proud and confident, so she is doing fine there and we have no specific issues. Again, she is doing good academically, so I do not have any complaints.

Woodlawn beach middle school does not control bullying and do not help the students psychologically. They tend to cop out when needed and just pass it on to someone else and then ignore the problem . The cutting and self harm in this school is way way way too high. I have yet to meet a student who hasn't atleast thought about cutting or have already been cutting for quote some time and they share blades the school does nothing accept call the parent when they are told of a problem they have yet to solve the epidemic proportions of self harming and do nothing about sharing blades even when parents bring it to their attention. I do not recommend this school to anyone especially if your child tends to be a follower . I wouldn't even give the school one star but my computer tells me I have to leave a comment.

listen, the school is neither good nor bad! I will tell you this. Unless your child is an overachiever he's not going to be treated as an equal! My son attended the 8th grade here and was not allowed to go on the 8th grade field trip because of having a low grade when he transfer, which he brought up, and because he did not receive any awards for outstanding academic, band, or extra curriculum, he did not get to attend the 8th grade promotion ceremony!!!! Something every child should be able to do! My son is 14 and tells me that the teachers don't care if he's learning. That they dont t rd y and engage the students. He says that one of his teachers sits in every class and text on the phone! so, yes an A plus school for the area, but not A plus in general. If I HAD to pick a florida school this would be it...but dont set ur expectations high...especially if your child wants to learn!

The best school my son and daughter ever attended in their life. The teachers and staff are just awesome! I very much enjoyed my children attending Woodlawn Beach Middle School!!! My son starts high school this year but my daughter now has to go back to Holley Navarre Middle School due to the fact she is ESE and they did not have enough students in ESE in Woodlawn Beach Middle School to keep them their .I do not like Holley Navarre Middle School at all I have had only bad experiences with that school with some of the teachers and especially the principal who seems very uncaring.

Woodlawn Beach Middle School is an AMAZING school!!I'm now an eight grade student here at Woodlawn and i LOVE it!! Yes we have are ups and downs,but its a great school! I have been here since the sixth grade and i love everything about it!WBMS is one big family literally.Everyone is friendly and the teachers are awesome! Yes they can be strict,but without strict teachers we could end up having crazy classrooms!We don't have lockers(except for in the band room and girls/boys lockers room) but we are allowd to carry backpacks.Woodlawn is a great school everyone is nice. Now don't get me wrong we do have some people who can be rude at first,but that doesn't mean were all like that.Were a family and sometimes families argue and have disagreements.I love everyone at Woodlawn and if you plan to come here as a student,or teacher/staff member or if your are just a concerned parent who wants to know more about the school your child goes to then pick this school because honestly its just plain amazing!! Go Wildcats!!(:

My son is currently enrolled at WBMS in seventh grade. We have had all good experiences there so far. He has special needs, so we have dealt with administration, guidance, county liaisons, and individual teachers. Every experience has been a positive one and every single person has been responsive and exhibited a wonderful attitude. My son has been challenged academically, but with flexibility for his special needs. I am a big fan of electronic communication, and WBMS provides online grades and weekly email newsletter updates so that I always feel informed.

Woodlawn Beach is a great school, but the teachers seem to be a little more harsh than necessary. They will take objects from the students and either: Not give them back, or wait until the end of the year. But the classes are excellent, the principal and dean are nice. ((I'm starting seventh grade in two days, and I'm a military child. I've been to many schools, but this is by far my favorite.))

I love woodlawn its a great school i'm in 6th going in to 7th.

Woodlawn is the best school. The dean is awesome, the principals are cool and the teachers are out of this world.

My family and I have lived in 7 states and my children have attended school in each. This school is by far the worst we have experienced. Their inability/willingness to communicate either with or between administrators, staff, and teachers to students and parents is the impetus for all their shortfalls. If your child has educational challenges, do not think of enrolling him/her in this school. Their challenges will be either ignored or the school will place a band-aid on them. We read the reviews on this page and we were excited to be attending WBMS. Don t believe everything you read. Take my message here with grain of salt, but do your research more carefully than we did. Maybe, with a new principal next year, things will change.

Last modified Woodlawn Beach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.