PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a strong code of ethics and a sense of community. We believe the school shares our values.

A fantastic school with a uniquely positive environment. We count our blessings every week that we found it!

GSS has a lot of judgmental parents who pass their attitudes on to their kids. A lot of holier than thou, wine drinking, unhappy mothers with brats who don't know the golden rule to treat others as they would like to be treated. The mothers and their daughters are NOT kind, their MO is exclusion and the administration/faculty does nothing about it. GSS definitely has its favorite families and it is extremely obvious, so before you enroll your precious child here, please be advised not every kid is painted with the same brush. I am dealing with a psychologist for my child to undue the years of damage caused by GSS social environment and I can assure you I'm not the only parent who has had to deal with this issue.....

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My son was bullied by one of their teachers. When I went to the head master with the problem they just blew me off. After a psychologist wrote to the school an evaluation they still kept the teacher knowing this was true.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework is busy work not really interesting or creative. I think too much homework can diminish a child's love for learning

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school developes kids that work the system in order not to get into trouble not deveopling a will to want to be a better student and apply themselves.

I feel that this school is more about wealthy parents with type A personalities trying to get their kids in an Ivey league school than deveopling strong character traits and encouaging their students to be well rounded compassionate students.

Wonderful, loving, highly-academic and extremely well rounded program. My third grader and Kindergartener have had excellent teachers every year. The Headmaster, faculty, and staff make every effort to recognize and foster support for every child. When issues come up, they are communicated and fairly handled. Having lived in Delray for over 30 years, I feel that there is no other school in the area that compares to GSS academically, artistically, athletically, and in supportive atmosphere. We are proud to be involved in the school and so happy to have our children attending.

My oldest daughter has been at GSS for ten years. What an incredible education she is getting. Incredible teachers! Great athletic program. All the students engaged and involved!

Last modified Gulf Stream School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8