923 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I can't really say.I feel like I get no kind of communications from this school. My daughter made honored roll last year and she didn't even got recognize for that. I feel that not every student is bad.They're some students that really focus on going to school to learn.

First day of school was very disorganized. Had the parent waiting outside the office to turn in papers and then to find out we waited more then an hour to be sent somewhere else.After being told to go to the gym to drop-off papers staffs didn't want to let parents in.I also asked for my child's report card and one of the office staff member rudely said come back some time this week .Besides that the buses were picking up kids after 5.That's very insane. As a parent who works you get very worried when it's after 5 and your child still ain't home. Oh on the other hand NO BACKPACKS are allowed this year.Are you kidding me.We should of got a letter notifying us about this,not after we spent our money on things needed for our kids.If the school's worried about any kind of weapons being brought to school put metal detectors .That will help .

My three years at Boone have been a "SOME WHAT GOOD" experience>The school can be a whole lot better .If you got the students wanting to learn. They need more stricter Teacher cause children are so disrespectful to them.

used to go to this school when it all seemed bad. now it looks alot better with the new staff involved what a change

The administration focus's WAY to much on things that don't matter, and not nearly enough on the bigger problems. Though, the "gangs" are non-existent, the students believe they are and graffiti bathroom walls and desks. This has become a major problem. Administration decides to crack down the last few weeks of school and seem to target the kids who are doing the right thing, instead of starting to get rid of the real problems in the beginning. The teachers are great, but administration needs to step up.

My son loves this school, he is always happy when he comes home an i heard his Pre (AP) classes are amazing and they challenge his abilities

this school is pretty good the Pre-AP lets students work to their abilities and challenges them!

I'm sorry for all the students who has to go to this wrenched school. I am in 7th grade and in my 2 years of receiving education from them i would say its not worth it. To all those people who are reading this BOONE MIDDLE IS NOT A GOOD SCHOOL. My whole life i have been in the best schools and an A+ student in honors but this school i am disappointed that i have to put this on my collage list. Many people would say NOT to leave a bad comment about them but in fact you should. OK this school will forever receive horrible comments about Boone. Now it is nonsense that there are 'gangs' because there aren't just a REALLY BAD SCHOOL.

This is the best school i've ever been to.Teachers always help me no matter what, and now that they started the pre-ap program the school is way better.I'm a student here and i love this school.

This is a great school ,my teacher always help me get thruogh all my work ,since I have attended this shcool I haven,t got in trouble nomore .

Last modified Shelley S. Boone Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.