1,040 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Posted August 30, 2012
We had moved to polk 2009 and my two boys were zoned for Eastside.....was not to convinced at first but once i got to learned more about the school.....we loved it....my kids have been happy and i feel that they have learned a lot thanks to the principal and their teachers....one thing they can improve is having more parent activities.....

Posted April 27, 2010
I've had the opportunity of substituting at this school on several occasions and I have to say that the staff was more than welcoming and appreciative. I was treated with respect and I was able to meet with the administrative staff. I fell in love with the school, the staff, and the students. The students are motivated on a daily basis by the teachers and students are eager to excell. Students are always uplifted and if a situation arises the student is always the priority. Teachers at the school are willing to stay after school to tutor students who needi extra help and the school has a Saturday boost camp for those who need more support in their academics. I've never been treated so greatly by any of the other 20 schols that I've substituted at and therefore, that is why I think that Eastside is an excellent school!

Posted February 16, 2009
I know that many of the teachers at this school work 10 to 12 hours a day trying to improve all student's learning and trying to teach the best of their ability. It is an excellent school in which most teachers really care about the students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 10, 2008
My son's teacher is wonderful but the administration has forced me to seek an alternative school environment for my child. I'm an engaged parent who always returns calls, is a registered volunteer, and works with my son's teacher. Over a 6-week period my requests for a meeting were ignored. If they treat me this way I can imagine what the children of less engaged parents are dealing with. I've worked well with all teachers, counselors and adminstrators from other schools. This administration needs to improve.

Eastside Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2008
My daughter has learning problem and the teacher was so understanding and as a parent it made me feel good to know my daughter would be here at this school where the teachers want to help the children and want to understand what it is they need to do to help them. The Ladys in the Office are so very helpful and so nice too you hardly find that anywhere.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted June 29, 2006
The quality of the education at this school is just terrible. Placing our children in Eastside was not our choice, it is what we are zoned for, and we have hated every minute they attended. The teachers, (as well as the school), only seem to be concerned with passing the FCAT. The homework was not like anything we had seen. First of all, they didn't get all that much homework, only when it was getting closer to the FCAT. After attending 2 years at Eastside, we have decided to withdraw them, and enroll them in private school so that they may actually receive a decent education.

Eastside Elementary School 3

Posted April 05, 2006
Most of the teachers are excellent if you are involved in your child's education. One of my major concerns is the lack of homework my children get. I give them extra work at home. The alternative calendar is a problem when if you are a working parent.

Eastside Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2006
I am very unhappy with this school, the do not involve parents much. I never receive notice of events or remainders at home.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2005
This school is substandard in all areas and needs to be improved a great deal to educate students in the area. I feel the school administration is not doing enough to correct certain problems that every parent sees, for example bad behavior in the school buses and the lack of academic stimulation provided to the students.

Posted August 02, 2004
We move to polk and didn't want to go to Eastside, because looks old compare to the others schools around, but now we love it, the teachers are great and the principal is doing her best to change the idea of the people, because Eastside is not a bad school! I have a 7 and 9 year old kids, and we love the school!

1820 East Johnson Avenue, Haines City, FL  33844
Last modified Eastside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.