1,040 students|Polk

Bad
Good

We had moved to polk 2009 and my two boys were zoned for Eastside.....was not to convinced at first but once i got to learned more about the school.....we loved it....my kids have been happy and i feel that they have learned a lot thanks to the principal and their teachers....one thing they can improve is having more parent activities.....

I've had the opportunity of substituting at this school on several occasions and I have to say that the staff was more than welcoming and appreciative. I was treated with respect and I was able to meet with the administrative staff. I fell in love with the school, the staff, and the students. The students are motivated on a daily basis by the teachers and students are eager to excell. Students are always uplifted and if a situation arises the student is always the priority. Teachers at the school are willing to stay after school to tutor students who needi extra help and the school has a Saturday boost camp for those who need more support in their academics. I've never been treated so greatly by any of the other 20 schols that I've substituted at and therefore, that is why I think that Eastside is an excellent school!

I know that many of the teachers at this school work 10 to 12 hours a day trying to improve all student's learning and trying to teach the best of their ability. It is an excellent school in which most teachers really care about the students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son's teacher is wonderful but the administration has forced me to seek an alternative school environment for my child. I'm an engaged parent who always returns calls, is a registered volunteer, and works with my son's teacher. Over a 6-week period my requests for a meeting were ignored. If they treat me this way I can imagine what the children of less engaged parents are dealing with. I've worked well with all teachers, counselors and adminstrators from other schools. This administration needs to improve.

My daughter has learning problem and the teacher was so understanding and as a parent it made me feel good to know my daughter would be here at this school where the teachers want to help the children and want to understand what it is they need to do to help them. The Ladys in the Office are so very helpful and so nice too you hardly find that anywhere.

Last modified Eastside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.