Haines City, FL

Posted March 25, 2015
Bethune Academy is an awesome school. STEM is the best thing going for most of our local schools. The kids are really learning lots of useful information. My youngest child just adores the engineering lab. Although, this is a good school, and most of the teachers there seem to care greatly about the kids education; I feel we need an administration overhaul. We need new and younger minds put to work. I think the principal has been at this school for way too long, and its time for some new ideas.. It's way past time for new leadership. .

Posted January 04, 2015
Bethune is a K-8 Magnet school which provides a private school STEM education within a public school. The entire staff strives to incorporate real world hands-on learning STEM lessons and opportunities for our cadets. Bethune provides an aggressive curriculum while not sacrificing school assemblies, educational events, festivals and field trip opportunities creating memories that will last a lifetime. The school also provides a host of extracurricular clubs such as but not limited to: Ba Sound, BA Music Ensemble, Drum Line, Gifted Program, Strings Orchestra, Chess Team, Zumba, Safety Patrol, Recycling Team, etc.

Posted October 03, 2014
School staff are all Over the top champions for the students. We were fortunate to have our son in Bethune Academy. The AR reading program encourage by Mrs Akers has made our son a frequent, independant reader. Also the Chess program has helped build positive character and confidence in our Bethune Academy Cadet. BA develops better students because the enviroment is set to make learning top priority!

Posted August 12, 2010
My son just finished Kindergarten and will be moving to 1st grde and I'm excited because he has learnt so much, the staff cares for your child, and pays attention to each child and their needs to make a great school. They're just AWESOME, can't find words to describe...lol

Posted May 04, 2010
Out of five elementary schools that my sons have attended in Lake and Polk counties, Bethune Academy is by far the best! It has the most caring staff, outstanding teachers who have been there a long time, and Mrs. Fredericks, the music teacher, is phenomenal. They expect a lot of the students, and get a lot in return. They give the children great opportunities, help them love learning, and have lots of school pride. An amazing school!

Posted March 22, 2007
Where to begin? The teachers are among the best you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. They are caring but stern at the same time. The principal is the heart of Bethune Academy. Mrs. Knowles brings warmth, compassion and discipline that makes every student adore her. At one point, we considered moving to a nearby town. However, the thought of leaving Bethune was enough to keep us here. I have always felt safe each time I dropped my children off. The office staff always greet you with a smile. As a parent, your concerns are never dismissed. You won't find a school better than Bethune.

Posted September 19, 2006
My daughter just started Bethune Academy and I must say I have seen a great improvement in her work. She has homework everyday except fridays, which is their spelling test days. The parent teacher correspondence is great.

Posted May 25, 2006
My daughter is in 3rd grade at Bethune Academy. We have had experience with 5 elementary schools and Bethune Academy is at the top of our list, in great schools, if you are considering it, do it, you will not be disapointed.

Posted May 25, 2006
Yes, this school is in a bad area, but that has no impact on the level of education in this wonderful school. Both of my children attend this school.

Posted January 22, 2006
Great school with teaches who really care about the students.

Bethune Academy
900 Ave F, Haines City, FL  33844
Last modified Bethune Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethune Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top