PK, 9-12|Public district
2,422 students|Polk
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I have spent many years working at this school and have always been confused by the response people give me when they find out I work here. I love this school. I choose to work here. The students are great, the curriculum is rigorous, and the staff is phenomenal. I wouldn't want to be anywhere. This year in particular has been the best start of a school year in my career. I'm impressed with the culture and commitment to learning that I see in the students this year.
September 11, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I went to this school all 4 years and I had a great high school experience. It's not bad like people think everyone is friendly and I loved it, I was in JRPTC and Co director of the Spanish news and it was great. Socially everyone was welcome. Just the principal Mrs butler wasn't the best. This school gets better and better. If you don't look for fights you'll have a great high school life.

Hi! this is the most terrible school I have been. The deans need to learn the different between a person who is skip class and a person who just when to drink water! I when to drink water and I forget to bring my pass, And the dean took me to the NEST! for nothing and went I try to explain he just told me, I don't want to make your day more bad! I even told him if you want let go to my teacher, but he just put me in the nest! so I lose one hour of my class for nothing! I'm a student! this is a dictatorship!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 11, 2015

I went here for 2 and a half years and left to Polk State Chain of Lakes Collegiate High School. A lot of the staff members (counselors, deans, etc.) are amazing and really want the best for the students. Your child's success in this school is based of the friends that they make. A good majority of the student body is basically useless but there are many student that are going places (IB students, theatre students, AP students). The school is extremely over populated (poinciana needs there own high school for students zoned for HCHS). Many of the teachers are under appreciated by the school board and are actually very good but some are completely useless. School spirit is basically nonexistent here. The sports aren't really that good so if your child is amazing at a sport its kind of easy for them to stand out. As a parent make sure you befriend a school counselor and ask about good opportunities for your child. This school is very dirty (never have toilet paper cause the students basically try to clog the toilets and stuff) and unsafe. Its EXTREMELY easy for anyone to walk on campus and your child to leave campus.

This School is the worst of the worst in Polk County. Do what you have too to get your child out of the school or send them to another school. And it is very sad that this is the only school that all Polk county student who live in Poinciana have to go too. Shame on the School Board and all who work or teach in this school.

This school is not soo bad only some of the staff members are nice but that is hard to find. I don't understand at first they enforce dress code now they don't even care. I'm a recent student and the teachers doesn't even challenge their students to their full potential it is sad actually. Unless your an Ap or IB than your someone. The classes they have are widely selectable and the Guidance counselors are always informative but the teachers are lazy, disrespectful and rude only a few are actually very nice and sweet. This school wants their children to starve you cant even eat snacks in classes and you know well these kids wake up early in the morning of course they going to be hungry while in class. Its like this school has become one of those either you "survive" or your just like the rest. Too much fights, drama, poor environment and trash is all over the place smh.

There is a physical fight at this school almost on a daily basis, usually influenced by racism. If you or your children do not speak spanish, this would not be the safest school for them to attend.

This school is a good school. The kids might be a bit vulgar and at times inappropriate but when it comes to school work they do what they have to do to get a high grade. Are the teachers strict? Most of them now are. They are very helpful and understand and will help you if you need it. I am a proud graduate from this school. As long as you are dedicated and hardworking you will graduate. Just watch the company you keep because most of the students are back stabbing and liars but as long as you know what you want out of each class you'll be fine. My advice is BE QUIET and the less popular you are the less drama

yo soy un estuadiamne de haines city. La escuala es muy malo.. no me gusta

Umm i've been going here for awhile. it feels like middle school. everything is whatever. ohh and they have a sand problem, like if you had the beach minus the water. so you know your shoes will get ruined. i suggest you take AP classes because anything under is a joke. like honor classes are really easy. everything is just really whatever. rules aren't really kept too. dress code is whatever. great school if you don't want to learn.

Last modified Haines City Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.