868 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Posted August 23, 2013
Sandhill Elementary has a very kind, caring, and helpful staff. The daily communication from teacher to parents through notes in the calendar binder is very effective.

Posted January 12, 2013
Sandhill is an A+ in my book!!! Most of the teachers and staff at Sandhill are wonderful, however, there are a few not so great(and not so friendly). The office and lunch staff know a lot of the students' by name. This is a school with a high poverty rate and yet maintains an "A" grade, I think that says a lot. My son is excelling in school and I have no doubt it's because he has excellent teachers, a great principal, and an awesome support staff.

Posted April 05, 2011
This is an awesome school... It is almost like private school but free...my second grader is in a clasroom with 12 kids.... my kindergardener has 17 kids and an aid in the room...my fifth grade has 23 kids but two teachers that's what I said two teachers... they are excelling... The school gives very clear dirrections on how to help your child achieve... the staff is incredible... the office staff knows all the kid's names... their safety procedures for dropping off and picking up is first rate... The school is rated an A school... where 200 out of 200 preschoolers achieved the ready for reading program...look at the facts scores, way above the rest of Polk and at the top of Florida schools... I came from up North where the school are supposedly better but this school is way better... The rest of the country needs to follow their plans for a better community... and for you racist, this is a color blind community where everyone is accepted. God, family values, and politeness are extremely important to this area.

Posted July 29, 2010
Sandhill Elementary School has dedicated teachers who focus on making sure students are successful. This is an excellent school!

Sandhill Elementary School

Posted August 11, 2009
My kids transfered here from Medulla elementary in Lakeland. I have to say their grades improved and the things they were learning was amazing. I have to say that Mrs. Pennington is a wonderful and amazing teacher.

Posted April 29, 2009
I enrolled my girls here and I have to say, Mrs. Konemann is one of there best teachers. My youngest daughter has health problems and the entire staff has been so wonderful to our entire family. I could not ask for a more devoted school, not just to her but to all of there children.

Posted March 20, 2009
My kids go to Sandhill Elementary. In the past two years the school has improve dramatically. Our new score is an 'A' thanks to the hard work of our principal.

Posted May 28, 2008
I am very happy to write about two of the best teacher that my kids have in this school. Mrs. Malfa and Mrs. Chouinard , they work really hard with the kids to make sure that they learn. They are amazing teachers and amazing persons. This school need more teachers like them.

Posted February 25, 2008
I am writing this because I absolutely love my child's teacher! Mrs. Malfa is an asset to any school. Over the course of the year my daughter has turned her poor grades around to excellent ones. She is a teacher who pushes the students to excel and it pays. She is amazing and if you send your child here ask for her! As far as the grounds, they are well maintained. Some of the teachers aren't so amazing though so you need to make sure you weed out the good and bad ones. School is a 3 out of 5 in my book. Mrs. Malfa... 5 out of 5!

Sandhill Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2008
This school has given me nothing but problems! My child is a white male which is a minority in this school. There is more Hispanics which means my son has to put up with the teacher having to translate half of the day. This leaves to have to work on his own and his grades have dropped. The Principal is new and I don't know much about her, but overall I am not satisfied with the staff, area and the other students.

Sandhill Elementary School
1801 Tyner Road, Haines City, FL  33844
Last modified Sandhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.