Hallandale Beach, FL
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Gulfstream Middle School 2

Posted September 19, 2014
As a parents my issues with golfstream middle school staff members need to investigate properly and ask question before students be suspending in school or out of school

Posted August 07, 2014
It takes time for changes to be appreciated!!!! For four (4) years the former leader, Brian Kingsley, have used innovative strategies to work on school culture, build the best leadership team, brand Gulfstream, and make it a place all students want to come to. There were ups and down.... but he was able to have parents actually becoming active in the school improvement plan and getting the mayor's office and other business in the community to care and be part of the GMS family. After four years of being admired, criticized, doubted, loved, supported, followed, rejected, etc. Mr. Kingsley leaves with a promotion, BUT leaves with his promise and wish come true, GULFSTREAM MIDDLE SCHOOL is an A+ school!!!!!!!! This leaves the new appointed leader with high expectations of keeping the dynamics and only moving the school towards perfection. My one concern.... The school might be too small for the incoming class :)

Posted July 22, 2013
i wish that i could rate this school 20 stars! I am currently going into 8th grade and i will be taking 3 high school credit courses. I am very involved in extra curricular activities. So sad to say that I will be leaving this school next year.

Gulfstream Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2013
I attended Gulfstream Middle School for half of 6th grade and due to the bullying aspect, I left. Mr. Kingsley is THE BEST principle I have ever seen! I was in the STEM program as well as in the GEM class. Ms. Abe was the best math teacher I could have asked for and definitely helped me with my math. I actually love math now thanks to her. Mrs. Swanson is a phenomenal technology teacher who is also NASA certified. Reading was always my best subject and got even better with Ms. Wimberly :) All of my teachers were the best a student could ask for and the only thing about this school was that bullying was a fairly large problem. The teachers can only do so much to protect the students and they have tightened up a lot since I left. I can't say enough good things about the staff and Mr. Kingsley.

Gulfstream Middle School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
This is one of the worst schools ever! If you care about the well being of your child look elsewhere. Because this school was so bad my child as well as all Hallandale elementary students whom were graduating to 6Th grade received a list of other schools that the children could attend. Worst school, ever!!

Posted March 04, 2013
My daughter is in 7th grade. I am soooo proud of her and her teachers. Her teachers have been there for her and I since the begining of 6th grade. The teachers care and are excited for there students to succeed. The STEM program has helped my daughter reach goals, become more responsible, and succeed at taking AP classes in Middle Sch. Mr. Kingsley is preparing our kids for the FUTURE! Remember PARENTS its up to us to participate and be involved as much as we can. We cant blame the school or teachers for our children, we have to be involved. Oh do a little work research how GREAT GULFSTREAM TEACHERS are! FYI Mrs. Swanson in is the top 50 STEM Teachers in the US. I understand why. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GULFSTREAM MIDDLE!!!!!

Gulfstream Middle School 1

Posted May 31, 2012
this school is very poor when it comes to great teachers and when it come for fairness this has gave my child more problems then hes every been in his life at school this school is small and there are cerintinan teacher that dont teach at all they just give work and expect complet this school is very sneky with there tricks they have a great princeble but no good teachers and no big events like this middle school my child should be discovering new things and have fun and he gets neather

Posted February 15, 2012
Gulfstream Middle School is a school that is just realizing that it has the potential to be the best school in this county. It is run on the belief that our students have the skills to be tomorrow's leaders and we have the teachers who are ready and able to facilitate this process. We are a school focused on PROBLEM-SOLVING! Personally, I am grateful and proud to be a part of what's going on here because it has allowed me to witness students, teachers, and a community realize that we are making an IMPACT everyday and leaving a LEGACY that at one time, some thought was impossible. Anyone out there who disagrees, I invite you to come inside and witness what is going on first hand. Our doors are always open to everyone! WE ARE...GULFSTREAM!

Posted January 19, 2012
I am an 8th grader at this school and i am proud of how far it has come. The terrific programs like STEM, sports, and other programs and the support from our principal and other staff members makes this school perfect to send your kids.

Posted January 09, 2012
STEM Program, GEM Math, Band, Chorus, Drama club, Dance Team, Soccer, Basketball, lots of extra-curricular activities - this school is incredible! Last year they were a "B" school and it was the largest increase in points out of all the schools in the county. The principal announced that now they were just a few points away from an "A" rating, and they expect to be an "A" school this year!

Gulfstream Middle School
120 Southwest 4 Avenue, Hallandale Beach, FL  33009
Last modified Gulfstream Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulfstream Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top