Posted February 05, 2014
The VPK off of 8th Avenue was good. This school, I had my twins in for Kindergarten and 1st grade. Unfortunately, that was 2 years too long. The principal was very nice and helped us out with tuition, but there was too much wrong to keep them there. For one, my kids were moved off site, down the street to another building for class. No one but the teacher and the kids. No security, no supervision, NOTHING! Second, my child came home one day and said the teacher told everyone not to go to the bathroom because they had no toilet paper. Of course my child had to go and couldn't properly wipe herself which caused a bad rash. Third, they actually took my girls out of school to go to a function, without my permission. Fourth, I went to drop them off at school one day, only to have no one there. Apparently they had a day off, and didn't tell me. Lastly, when you go to the school, look on he front window. The sign for APPLE, look closely, environment is spelled wrong. Really. Hallandale Elementary is a fantastic school and I wish they would have went there all along.

Posted December 18, 2013
Was never happy with this school or its staff at all. Did not post a review until I was sure to find another school for my kid. The director is rude and not polite. My kid really disliked going to this school. Zero organized and too many kids to a teacher. They yell too the kids alot. If you mention this school to my kid he freaks. My kid came home peed from school one day because the teacher would not let him use the restroom. He is very happy in her new school please look for another school or be very careful and on top of the school your kids spend all day there it is necessary.

Posted October 28, 2013
One star is too much for this school. I am so happy I could move my child to another school. Everything is going to be fine until you have to point out something you don't like. They will start looking at you weird, stop to greet you, Awful! and the principal hides all the time if you need to talk to her. I found the place dirty many times. Try to find other parents reviews, don't make a mistake.

Posted August 19, 2013
My 3year old started at this school 2 months ago and I'm very pleased with his teacher and love the fact that I always find the classroom clean. My son comes home happy. LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted August 18, 2013
My son was in the VPK class last year, and I was super happy with his teacher she was very caring.My son was given homework almost every day and he also learned how to read. Im very happy with this school!

Posted January 23, 2012
This is a great school . Teachers are very caring . my child has been attending this school since a baby now he is in the vpk class and ive never had any kind of issue whatsoever.

The Learning Corner Early Childhood Center I 2

Posted March 09, 2011
Very dissapointed; my kid is 3 1/2 years old, and he is in the 4 years group. I pack snacks for him on a daily basis, and also review the menu provided by the school, to make sure if he doesn't like that food, he has an option. One day he told me the teacher only fed him the crackers and that she gave his juice to another kid. I went to talk to the teacher next day, I asked her if she was always sure that all kids finish their meals, she responded defensive and said that she can't force the kids to eat if they don't want to. I replied to her, that I was not expecting her to force him but to communicate with me about it and not to ignore the situation, I thought that they were monitoring their meals, she responded that she had too many kids to take care, to be checking only on one of them if they wanted to eat or not.... OMG, I was in shock, and I was so furious that I decide to talk to the principal, she said she was going to keep checking on that. I went there as a referal, but I'm not sure if I made the right decision or not. at this point I don't think is fair to keep moving my kid around, I want him to have a sense of estability. I hope my next review can be a 5.

The Learning Corner Early Childhood Center I
1003 SE 1 Ave, Hallandale, FL  33009
Last modified The Learning Corner Early Childhood Center I is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
The Learning Corner Early Childhood Center I Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top