1,069 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted December 18, 2014
This is a really bad school the way they educated the students is not ok they talk about no bulling but the teachers do bulling.Today my son Has a Christmas show which they ask us for blue jeans a red shirt and etc when the show start my son wasn't there I was so surprise ,where is Kevin ? "guess what" one of the teacher decided he is no going to participate cause he didn't learned the moves, that was too Much he is only 6 besides the kids were just standing there doing nothing just singing a song when I went to see my baby he was crying honestly that's not the way to teach a child how to behave. Thank god is half year I'm trying to take him out now if not for sure next year he is not going to the school.

Posted January 28, 2013
This school is one of several run by the same charter management company that was investigated and had a 3 part expose' written about it in the Miami Herald. It is located in the middle of a factory district Avoid this school at all costs, if you do not, your children will be behind their classmates when they enter junior high and high school. Classes are overcrowded, there is no real music, art or computer program at this school, parent volunteerism can be avoided by paying cash, there is no PTA allowed, administration is unprofessional and this school is run on gossips, rumors, intimidation and fear tactics to keep parents and students in line. There's no diversity in this school. Many teachers and staff members can not even speak English. If you have problems with this school, write to the school board - that will be the ONLY way you get resolution.

Posted April 16, 2012
I love my school!! 4th and 5th graders went on a field trip to the marlns stadium,cause we did awesome on the fcat, and we won the award for most sprited school out of 20 schools that came to the game!! Last year I got a 6 on the FCAT writing thanks to my 4th grade teacher. Even though the Music teacher is mean the other special area techers are nice and helpful. We have a lot of bake sales,pizza sales and jeans day and last year with all of that money they built a new library and a classroom upstairs which I'm in. My teacher is super nice yet strict when it comes to learning. I have lots of friends at this school and we have lots of clubs like Green Club, Spirit Team, Student council and chess team which won first place in a state match....WOOOHHOOOO!!!!!!! I love my school and recommend it! GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

Posted October 18, 2011
i LOVE this school. They have the most dedicated teachers and staff. My son loves this school as well, he comes home every day and tells me everything that he has learned. We live an hour away from the school and i still drive him down because we love this school so much. I would recommend this school to any parent that wants to see their children be successful in life, and this school is definitely the start for a successful child.

Posted August 22, 2011
I definitively would not recommend this school since it has not been graded yet for school year 2010/11, there is something happening that parents have the right to know.

Posted April 17, 2011
this is a horrible scholl and i definently do not reccomend it the teachers are awful my daughter i remember was in music and when i came her teacher was yelling at her because she missed a note the students are not very friendly my daughter came crying because a girl bullied her there are no security guards or police its terrible

Mater Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2010
The grades are combined and this is not good for average students. The teacher's program @ Mater Academy is bellow the program at public schools. Sorry, but my two kids had been affected with the system of this school

Posted January 28, 2010
I've been a parent of students at this school for 11 years (2 students). This school educational program always proofs to be above nieces and friends children's academic level being in the same grade. All aspect of educational, security, learning and tutorial programs, extra curriculum activities and test prepareness are at the top level. I'm very proud have my kids at this school.

Posted June 16, 2009
I love Mater Academy , My son has been there since kinder , The teachers are great and caring !

Posted April 16, 2009
This school is truly amazing, i'm very proud of their staff, their students as well as their overall curriculum, GO BULL DOGS!!!!

Mater Academy
7700 Northwest 98th Street, Hialeah Gardens, FL  33016
Last modified Mater Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.