245 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted May 22, 2014
Those of you commenting within this blog need to seriously consider going back to school, instead of siting here bad mouthing one. Your Writing and English skills are horrible. Please learn to compose a sentence with proper spelling and grammar. I wouldn't put my child in Excelsior considering some of the comments made are from former students. I'm afraid of the education you may have received, as English Grammar and Writing Skills was obviously not a course provided during your time of enrollment. The school that was previously housed there wasn't any better... sad to see the consistency of a horrile education continues at that location.

Excelsior Language Academy Of Hialeah 4

Posted May 19, 2014
This school Recently opened at a new location with new teachers and completely new administration. They are extremely helpful to the students and parents. They have small teacher to student ratios. Teachers are on the ball with the skills and both my children have excelled here. They both came from the other excelsior on 20th St and it was a hassle to meet up with anyone there.

Posted May 26, 2013
I have been an involved parent since this school opened. This is an excellent school. I am extremely happy for what my child had learned academically. The have high expectations and this may not be for everyone. It is funny to see people here complaining about the power going off - the school has no control over this. How about reporting your complaints to FPL. The teachers and staff are extremely supportive of students. I have been here since the school opened and I am extremely happy and proud of where my child attends school! Don't be mislead by a couple of reviews on this site which seem to be posted by students.

Posted May 03, 2013
I was a student a student at is school since the doors opened we were like a small family everyone new each other etc...But as the school year went on I noiced that the teachers most were careless about he students and let them do whatever they wanted I was at that school for 4 years and they were 4 years waisted in my opinion. Now we are in 2013 and some people say the school is better because of the new administration but I know tha is not true because my brother and sister still go there and the administraion seem to be hidding things from the parents at all times. The best choice I have ever made was leaving that school I was there 7th grade till half of my 10h grade year then changed to city of hialeah I love this school now. If I would have stayed a excelsior my diploma would have been worth nothing at the end. DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS IN THIS SCHOOL PLEASE!!!! sorry the last one had mistakes!

Posted April 30, 2013
I am a parent and i don't understand why some parents say that the school doesn't have sports. my daughter went to this school since it opened the first year. And she was in a volleyball team that we would go around competing and there was practices everyday in school. Before administration wasn't as good as expected but its great now and about security its wonderful. they don't let you walk into the school which is great and there's a security and a police officer daily.

Posted January 04, 2013
WOW WHERE ARE THEY PUTTING ALL OF THOSE KIDS, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY WOULD ALLOW THIS. HAVE TO BE A CODE AGAINST THAT RATIO OF CHILDREN TO BATHROOMS BETTER YET TO TEACHERS.WOW

Posted January 03, 2013
The administration and teachers have very high expectations of the students. The academics are excellent. I am very happy I kept my child at this school - the new administration has made a huge difference. Great school and goes from PreK to 12th grade. Because of that the parents and students all know each other.

Posted September 11, 2012
last year i went to this school it was the most terrible and horrible school i have ever went to the kids bully they are very mean the teachers really dont teach you get detetion for the most ridiculous reason i really dont like this and i am very glad that i moved to a way better school than this school also there are to many kids always talking about doing inepropret things u cant think like that i recoment that no parent takes there kids to this school its very bad and they should not have opened it in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 24, 2011
The school's fame its not so great, but this year everything has improved. There is a new management team and the difference is very well visible. My kids are top students there and I am glad I kept them there this year, giving this new principal the opportunity has been a good decision. The communication with the teachers is awesome, new sports, electives and clubs are already in effect. I am positive that the school will now take a 100 degree turn for the better of its students.

Posted August 10, 2011
You always have high hopes for charter schools but some just don't seem to make the cut. Take Excelsior, for instance. The one positive is the quality of teachers overall, but all the negatives almost seem to trump that. They are as follows: Lack of security (8th graders bullying 3rd graders in the bathrooms because they share the same one or middle schoolers making out in the stairwell by the elementary classes, which my daughter has witnessed), lack of professionalism in the office by some office staff, a cafeteria lady that gives out silent lunches for loud talking nearly every day according to my daughter, and canceled Spanish. Yet it's a language schoo! Also, the principal didn't seem to have much discipline in place for the middle schoolers because I'd see them in the front office just hanging out. Unless that's an elective, I don't know what they are doing there. Needless to say, my child will not be back this year although there's a new principal. For those that are still there, I do hope it's a better school year.

Excelsior Language Academy Of Hialeah
369 East 10th Street, Hialeah, FL  33010
Last modified Excelsior Language Academy Of Hialeah is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.