Public charter
Hialeah, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is awesome. My oldest son attended this school and he learned so much. The teachers are incredible. My youngest son now attends the school which has been awesome. The teacher use an app classdojo which provides your child behavior/performance. To sun up everything you won't be disappointed.

Posted September 03, 2014
to update my post, lunch menu has been changed and so far it is a lot better than last year! The school did expand up to 7th grade, but my worries were set at ease when 1. 6&7 grade are extremely small group and Kinder is in a different building all together. We are still waiting to see how clubs and PTO/PTA will be handled this year.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is truly a hidden gem. The teachers are extremely dedicated and creative, and the staff is always helpful and approachable. They encourage and invite parent participation and have a lot of events throughout the year for the kids. I'm able to walk into my kid's classroom every morning. Furthermore, I've seen my child make a lot of academic progress since starting there. She comes home and is excited to read. The students have a lot of homework, but it pays off. I also love that the school uses Classdojo to monitor the kids behavior. As a parent, I can see immediate feedback on my child's progress in class.

Highly Inquisitive & Versatile (Hive) Preparatory School 1

Posted June 20, 2014
This school is not a great school. Teachers are way to young with little knowledge on teaching skills. The only good thing about this school is that it is small. But class size is large. 26 kids in my child's class and the classrooms are not that BIG. Now there adding middle school. Are they really going to mix little kids with the 7th graders. And you know how middle school can be: fights, gangs, bullies, ect..(it only takes one bad apple to spoil them most/all) They don't even have security guards. The lunch is not worth paying for. It's brought to the school at 8am already cooked. So if your child has the last lunch they are eating food that has be sitting in a heating box . Also bathrooms are terrible. I walked into the bathroom (7:45am) and it smelled like it hadn't been cleaned yet. I'm taking my child out. I don't like it. If your not part of a certain click the staff makes you feel weird and unwanted. They only acknowledge perfect students. I don't think it's fair. Every child deserves to be awarded! Their just children! Lots of parents complain, but fear to talk up. Most are there cause their home schools are bad. There are other charters school that are better.

Posted May 30, 2014
Excelente colegio, recomendado 100% constituido por un super equipo comenzando desde el director, asistentes, personal de las oficinas, maestros, personal de mantenimiento y sin dejar por fuera al personal del aftercare, mis hijos adoran el colegio. Los controles son buen simos y de ah cosechando estudiantes exitosos. Me encanta.

Posted October 16, 2013
I absolutely love HIVE Prep (formerly ALCS). The teachers (although mostly very young) are very caring, enthusiastic and communicative with the parents. The principal is well-mannered, friendly and knows your name (as well as your child's). The school is small and you can navigate the hallways without walking in the heat (its hot down here). The curriculum is difficult and challenges students to give 110%. Projects are difficult and deadlines are strict (particularly the required summer reading program). However, that is what our children need to grow with a sense of responsibility. I love this school and I truly hope for a middle school phase so my children can go there next.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my nephew 's first year and he loves the school and so do I. The teachers seem to be very interested teaching the students correctly and they genuinely seem to care about the kids.

Posted August 12, 2013
My daughter went to this school for her 4th and 5th grade excellent school .....the principal really care about the students

Posted July 15, 2013
My son has completed 3 years and he is an honor student... always love to be at school. I love this school because the staff and faculty are friendly. They make the best to help the students and parents on any concerns or problems they may have....Also, we as parents are a tight committee because we enjoy all activities that the school offers.. You kids will enjoy this school plus the school is an 'A". In a few word "I LOVE THIS SCHOOL"

Posted September 23, 2010
My daughter started kindergarten in this school last year and what a great experience. She was reading midway through the school year. It is great to have your child in a school where the teachers and principal are not only dedicated to superior academics but also to the happiness and well being of your child. They really take the time to know every child and make every single one feel special.

Highly Inquisitive & Versatile (Hive) Preparatory School
5855 Northwest 171st Street, Hialeah, FL  33015
Last modified Highly Inquisitive & Versatile (Hive) Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highly Inquisitive & Versatile (Hive) Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top