Bad
Good

I have twin boys who have been attending HIVE Prep since Kindergarten. They are now moving into the 4th grade. One of my sons has ADHD and I have had lots of encouragement and help from the school and the teachers when it comes to his education. The teachers work with me and I work with them. As a parent I have to put in a lot of work and not expect the teachers to do it all. For me it has been a good experience. If you speak up to the teachers and staff they are helpful. I love that everyone is approachable especially the Director (Principal). Communication is key.

This school is great if your child is excelling. The teachers are incapable of handling children who are struggling academically. There aren't any incentives offered to children struggling, the incentives are only offered to honors students. There is also silent lunches the children are not allowed to socialize with peers during the lunch periods. What few activities that are offered the same children are picked to participate. Once again great school if your child excelling academically not so great if your child needs extra attention or time with their academics.

This school is awesome. My oldest son attended this school and he learned so much. The teachers are incredible. My youngest son now attends the school which has been awesome. The teacher use an app classdojo which provides your child behavior/performance. To sun up everything you won't be disappointed.

to update my post, lunch menu has been changed and so far it is a lot better than last year! The school did expand up to 7th grade, but my worries were set at ease when 1. 6&7 grade are extremely small group and Kinder is in a different building all together. We are still waiting to see how clubs and PTO/PTA will be handled this year.

This school is truly a hidden gem. The teachers are extremely dedicated and creative, and the staff is always helpful and approachable. They encourage and invite parent participation and have a lot of events throughout the year for the kids. I'm able to walk into my kid's classroom every morning. Furthermore, I've seen my child make a lot of academic progress since starting there. She comes home and is excited to read. The students have a lot of homework, but it pays off. I also love that the school uses Classdojo to monitor the kids behavior. As a parent, I can see immediate feedback on my child's progress in class.

This school is not a great school. Teachers are way to young with little knowledge on teaching skills. The only good thing about this school is that it is small. But class size is large. 26 kids in my child's class and the classrooms are not that BIG. Now there adding middle school. Are they really going to mix little kids with the 7th graders. And you know how middle school can be: fights, gangs, bullies, ect..(it only takes one bad apple to spoil them most/all) They don't even have security guards. The lunch is not worth paying for. It's brought to the school at 8am already cooked. So if your child has the last lunch they are eating food that has be sitting in a heating box . Also bathrooms are terrible. I walked into the bathroom (7:45am) and it smelled like it hadn't been cleaned yet. I'm taking my child out. I don't like it. If your not part of a certain click the staff makes you feel weird and unwanted. They only acknowledge perfect students. I don't think it's fair. Every child deserves to be awarded! Their just children! Lots of parents complain, but fear to talk up. Most are there cause their home schools are bad. There are other charters school that are better.

Excelente colegio, recomendado 100% constituido por un super equipo comenzando desde el director, asistentes, personal de las oficinas, maestros, personal de mantenimiento y sin dejar por fuera al personal del aftercare, mis hijos adoran el colegio. Los controles son buen simos y de ah cosechando estudiantes exitosos. Me encanta.

I absolutely love HIVE Prep (formerly ALCS). The teachers (although mostly very young) are very caring, enthusiastic and communicative with the parents. The principal is well-mannered, friendly and knows your name (as well as your child's). The school is small and you can navigate the hallways without walking in the heat (its hot down here). The curriculum is difficult and challenges students to give 110%. Projects are difficult and deadlines are strict (particularly the required summer reading program). However, that is what our children need to grow with a sense of responsibility. I love this school and I truly hope for a middle school phase so my children can go there next.

This is my nephew 's first year and he loves the school and so do I. The teachers seem to be very interested teaching the students correctly and they genuinely seem to care about the kids.

My daughter went to this school for her 4th and 5th grade excellent school .....the principal really care about the students

Last modified Highly Inquisitive & Versatile (Hive) Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.