Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus 3

Posted August 11, 2014
I had heard charter schools were superior to public schools, so that is why I enrolled my child here. A new principal was brought in a few days before school started. Most of the teachers have accents but as long as they speak and teach correct grammar that's OK. My child was taught incorrect grammar a few times, which I corrected. They yelled at at the kids more than once and that's unacceptable. I knew he was not staying at this school. The principal left abruptly one month before the school year ended. They sent contradicting information regarding field trips and graduation; in general very disorganized. Graduation was nice, with the exception of two fights that broke out in the audience where the police were involved (parents/grandparents shoving, pushing and getting in front of each other rudely to take pictures/videos). This showed me what kind of parents these children have and sealed the nail in the coffin. Needless to say this school went from an A to a B school. I have since moved my child to a public, grade A school where I know my child will be respected, taught with care and where the majority of parents are involved in their children's learning and well being.

Posted July 29, 2014
When I decided to enroll my daughter in this school, I assumed her experience was going to be better than in any public school. On the contrary, it was a horrible experience, 1. The principal has no idea about the curriculum of the school system. 2. The school punishmente style includes screaming and putting the child down academically. 3. Something that horrified me was the fact that when the owner of the school announces his visit, the teachers distribute paper to the students and ask them to make believe they are working. The mention that if they do not it well, the teachers might loose their job. 4. The teachers are vulgar and incompetent. The consecuences, my daugher repeated the grade, and lost interest in school. She is currently receiving therapy to overcome the dramatic experience. Many of which she cries and is unable to comment entirely. As a parent, it was my responsiblity to futher investigate and I relied on advertisement. I hope that this experience does not repeat to anyone.

Posted November 24, 2013
I was hired with the assurance that this is a professional establishment. Well, needless to say, I only attended one day for this employment. There was a lack of professionalism, materials, and order. Upon my first and last day there, I had to move furniture and boxes to prepare the classroom for the new academic year. The bathrooms were infested with palmetto roaches! DISGUSTING! The school thinks that they are still in Cuba and therefore expect their staff to adhere to their idiotic and ignorant polices. If you are Cuban-American like myself, they treat you like an alien in a Sci-Fi movie. Incredible!

Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus 5

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is the best.....my daughter is learning so much and she is very happy, she comes home everyday learning something new. The teacheras and staff are very professional. Lincoln Marti is the best!!

Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus 5

Posted June 07, 2013
This school is great. I just register my son for next school year. Thank you to all the staff for doing your best every day.

Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus 4

Posted July 09, 2012
I am very happy with this charter school. I transferred my daughter from Youth Co-op Charter School (YCCS) to Lincoln Marti this past school year and was VERY PLEASED with this school. Her teachers were wonderful and the office administration was also very helpful and attentive to our needs, unlike YCCS which has become worse and WORSE every year. Though YCCS is an A school, the teachers and administration especially the Lead Teacher, Asst Principal and Principal are horrible! There is no communication in that school AT ALL. Though I had my doubts about Lincoln Marti, I was happily surprised!!

Posted May 27, 2012
My son attended this school in 2010-2011 and my advice is run for the hills.... For starters no one speaks english and if they do it's with an extreme heavy accent. The first year the school opened they were graded a "D" school so in order for that not to happen again they make the children attend MANDATORY saturday school from 8am-12pm on top of adding one extra hour to the regular school days mon-fri. They even had to go to school for 4 hours a day during spring break mandatory as well. Which is how they managed to become an "A" school. There are no gifted, advanced or special ed programs for anyone who needs them. There is no PE, art, music or any extra cirricular activities.There are no electives for the middle schoolers and prom has been denied for them for the past 2 years. And if you need the after care program all they do is put your kids in front of tv and yell at them until you arrive. So if your looking for a prison style school where you and your child are sure to HATE school and the enviorment then go for it if not your better off enrolling in your local public school or try the Youth co-op Charter school... I hope this helps

Posted April 29, 2012
I am very unhappy with the Charter School of Lincoln Marti. I chose to enroll my son thinking he would get a better education and was let down. The teachers are unprofessional. The assistant principal has no education herself and doesn't even know how to speak to children herself; therefore what can we expect from the teachers. They speak in a very negative, vulgar manner. I, myself have witnessed teachers screaming at other children. I even had a teacher talk bad to me about another child and call the child crazy (very profressional, right?) People who are not on my son's emergency contact have been able to pick him up without me being called, so in other words, not very secure! When I requested something as simple as a weekly progress report, it took 2 semester to start receiving it and I'm still waiting for the counselor to work with my son as I requested in the beginning of the year and we are now in the 4th grading period. To be honest the only one who is competent enough is the actual principal but unfortunately it's only one person vs the whole school. Guaranteed my son will will no longer attend this school as of next year.

Posted December 22, 2011
It is unfortunate to say that this is another poor school amongst the many in Miami-Dade County. Teachers are unprofessional and incompetent in the English language. If the teachers themselves are not fluent in the language of this country, how can we expect the children of the community to excel? They are teaching their students erroneous information. Therefore, the children attending this school are receiving a low-quality education. It is as if I went to France and attempted to teach in French as an American, who is not fluent in the language. I will not be successful at educating those students without speaking French properly. The same relates to the teachers at this school.

Posted September 03, 2011
WATCH OUT PARENTS!!!!, very poor curriculum, teachers don't have enough English and none one has passed the board of education required in public school, they are not certified teachers..poor resources and security is minimal .... you never see on television an incident in the schools ..... and occur every day ... but nobody notices because they handled internally as .... in communism .... if a teacher makes a complaint is dismissed the next day ... Parents, please inquire before making a decision!, the public school system has a superintendent, a board and millions of people that regulate the development of our children ... Lincoln Marti Schools is a big fraud.

Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus
3500 West 84th Street, Hialeah, FL  33018
Last modified Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln-Marti Charter Schools Hialeah Campus Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top