Hialeah, FL

Posted July 30, 2014
I love Jose Marti it is an awesome school if you have a problem the asst principals are also available to help you. I am so glad I made the choice to have my son attend this school

Posted April 18, 2014
Hello I currently attend Jose Marti Mast Academy as a student and I have to say that when you first start taking courses here you think it's really hard but after a while you get adjusted to the way they teach. I think this is because teachers here are great and make teaching fun and interesting. The only thing that is bad about this school is that we don't have an indoor gym which they say is because of the lack of students.

Posted November 06, 2013
Even though our family lives aprox 12 miles south of this school ,in the city of Doral,Fl. And the fact that since this kind of magnet school does not offer school bus service , I can assure you that I do not regret having taking the desicion of taking my son to this school , the quality and level of education is at a very high scale, kids will learn and the best part is that is a school designed to get your kids ready to go to a top University ( any of the top US 50) , we as parent are very happy and proud to have our son going to this school, no doubt that he is getting ready to be sucessfull and prepareed for later in life .....

Posted August 15, 2013
As a parent if I can give 1 recommendation, if your child is strong in Math and Science this is the place to be. I recommend you do not send your child to fail if he or she doesn't like these subjects. Another Positive aspect is the open door policy of the administrators and office staff, they will address your concerns immediately however; the principle is best contacted my email and has little to NO interaction with students. I would like to see him bond more with high school students which, would inspire his respect and not just sit behind his computer all day. (Note: parents and studnts get told he is a shy man?!?). I see him every day at dismissal and he never said hi to parents or his students. Regarding teachers the math department is INCREDIBLE. Best of all kids at this school are great.. BTW the yearbook at this school needs serious improvement its like an elementary. It was not worth my grandsons money. also,sometimes Science dept goes HW crazy.

Jose Marti Mast 6-12 Academy 2

Posted August 03, 2013
The school was recently converted from a regular middle school to a MAST academy 6-12. The majority of the teachers are not qualified to teach high school. The administration is still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I don't like that 6 and 7 graders are mixed with high school students during different times of the school day. Ex: breakfast. Since the number of students in the upper grades are so small, they do not have choices regarding class options. The administration is not very teacher friendly and many teachers left before the 2013-2014 school year. One of their biggest departments lost almost half of their teachers, all very experienced and good teachers. The teachers do not get the support needed from the administration. Many students also left because the school does not provide your typical high school experience. The school building itself, is old and there are hardly any windows...looks more like a prison than a school. I recommend putting your child in another school. A review below stated that their child was taking Algebra in 7th grade, but most schools are doing that if your child is in advance classes. It really depends on the child.

Posted June 15, 2013
Hi, I need advice if this school is better or Mater Academy for High School grades 9 and 10?

Posted May 16, 2013
100% Magnet School + Grades 6 through 12 + MAST (Math, Science, Technology) Academy + Great teachers and dedicated staff = Serious students interested in learning and achieving success = No drugs or bullying or mischief = GREAT SCHOOL

Posted April 30, 2013
I took a tour of the school last January. The administration was friendly and open about their school. They are very proud of their school and I can see why. The students were engaged in their work and look content. The assistant principal explained the school is a MAST academy school. i.e. Math and Science and Technology based school. The entire school is a magnet school. The classes starting from 6th through 12th start at the advanced level. Like all Magnet schools the students have to maintain a high average with excellent conduct grades. I had an opportunity to visit the science lab classroom and the research classroom. I got an overview of the classes from the teachers. They were friendly and relaxed. I'm looking forward to having my grandson going to Jose Marti Mast Academy. He was one of the lucky ones that was selected, by lottery, to go.

Posted March 25, 2013
So far, I have been in this school for one year, and the school academically challenges you a lot by the amazing teachers that know how to connect with the students, and how friendly the staff are. This school has been wonderful for me because of its science and mathematics program. A few reviews below me, you will see a person stating that they are struggling in college because of this school when it has only been around for a couple of years. Overall, this school challenges you academically and sends you of with a great high school experience where all of the staff knows you and so do all of your peers. There is also no bullying in the school allowed by no means and if you notice, both of the bad reviews were posted on the exact same date. It seems fairly suspicious to me. I hope for everyone to have as great experience in this school as me.

Posted October 16, 2012
This school rocks. On a daily basis, we challenge mathematics, science. And at the same time, the school is determined to get students to college. Everyone is part of the family and everyone knows each other, by far one of the best schools there are during these difficult economic times.

Jose Marti Mast 6-12 Academy
5701 West 24th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33016
Last modified Jose Marti Mast 6-12 Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jose Marti Mast 6-12 Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top