No rating

Immaculate Conception School

Private | PK-8

Living in Hialeah

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $65,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted September 3, 2014

Having come from the public school system, I found the education at Immaculate Conception to be exceptional. From all the reviews I have read so far, it is obvious that not all parents feel the same way about any education choices available. Some are for public school and against private, some are for private and against public. I have three children that have graduated from ICS, 2 with special needs and at different levels. They not only provided the proper learning environment for all three, they helped them thrive and excel in ways that Public School couldn't. I am very happy with my investment in Private Catholic Education. Learning should go beyond the class room; it should include spirituality, camaraderie and morality as well. If you are an involved parent who believes that rules should be adhered to, then you will do well at this school. It helps to establish a wonderful foundation on which your child can build. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 5, 2014

I was trying to get my son into Immaculate Conception elementary school per the recommendation from his current school, the school's receptionist Lisa, called me and informed me that based on my child's pre-screening the kindergarten teacher stated that he needs more of a push and she will not be able to help him, now my child has a speech delay and we were told that he did very well on the pre-screening . Now me, being me, asked her outright if it is because my child have a disability, of course her lips started bubbling and she was giving me unnecessary information, which told me she was lying. My thing is this if the receptionist have to call and deliver this information on behalf of the educators then they are absolutely correct this school is not the school for my child. The educators are very unprofessional.

Posted January 29, 2014

You know life is not perfect. Mr. Garcia is greatly missed. I and my family are a third generation to ICS. I can assure you, Mr. Garcia brought life back to ICS>, a sense of excitement & family atmosphere with an open policy door that had been lacking. He was both a leader & a friend to the students, who knew when not to cross the line between Mr. Garcia, the principal & Mr Garcia who worked very hard at making sure his students looked forward to school everyday. He knew how to make every occasion especial, He was loved & respected both by students & fam. Mrs. Leon is doing a wonderful job, trying very hard to ensure our children"s safety & that the children receive the best education possible. Yes, there are problems like in every family. I've had my issues with some teachers, but they get resolved. My husband & children went to ICS & then Pace & our grandchildren will follow to walk those halls, both of ICS and Pace proudly. I"ll never be able to thank Mrs Palau & Miss Maria for the love and attention they gave my daughter Zoey. Mrs. Naranjo and Ms Sandra were wonderful to my little one. Ms Perez as a kinder teacher Is amazing. We are parents & we are Rosa and Alex Pavon.

Posted January 27, 2014

I am a seventh grade student here at this school, and I can admit that Mr. Garcia was not the best principal. I think his main thought and goal about running the school was money. Now he has left, and the Vice-Principal Victoria Leon has stepped up to Principal, and Michelle Roof as counselor. They both are wonderful people and have great ideas and suggestions for the school. My mother has always helped with the school in many ways, and she also admits that they are great people. The teachers are excellent, especially Mrs. Clay, the 7th and 8th grade math teacher, who does a phenomenal job in what she does. Many other teachers are great, too. The other staff members are nice, as well. So overall, I think this school is a great school, the education is great, and that I will put my future children in this school.

Posted October 23, 2013

All three of my kids went to this school. I considered paying about $10,000 yearly just for a safe environment. My kids could of received a better education at a public school and not be humiliated by the actions of the priests that were in once in question, but it was convenient.The average class size is 35 kids, for one teacher and no assistant. Now, add special needs kids to that equation, whereas no qualified help is hired. Thus, everyone suffers, the kids, teachers and parents. All they care about is the money. Look into the teachers that have been there some have even been out of the certification even while they were being accredited. This would of never been permitted in public schools, if your continuing education or certification were expired or not done, you are out of a job. Not in Immaculate, pay them less and have a job!!! It's who you know that gets you that special treatment. Be wise, do your homework as parents and if your child can go to a public school DO IT!!!!

Posted September 13, 2012

I agree with the reviews about the principal and his politics and greed. I attended this school, as did my sister, and it was a superior institution back in the 90's; but the current principal is placing special needs children in classes with all other children in order to capitalize on government grants. The school is now run like a shady business and the parents and teachers are increasingly frustrated.

Posted August 14, 2012

The staff at this school is nothing but inadequate, specially the accounting! The school gets funds from the Federal gov't to assist and provide programs to children with special needs, which are not used!. The school does not have the staff to address the needs of these children yet they keep filling the classrooms at their expense. The Pre-K program is just a really expensive day care. The education is below standards compared to public schools. There have been serious issues with bullying with serious consequences and they have failed or chose not inform parents about it. You have to know the right people in the school and the church (really sad) to get someone to listen and actually cares. Really dissapointed with the school and the church leadership for misguiding parents and not addressing the issues at the school

Posted August 8, 2012

Don't waist your time and money, this school sucks! It s supposed to be a great school, but all it s a mask, they only care about money, they re including children with disabilities in regular classrooms, that required full time assistance, with no assistance!!! because they paid more than $10 grant per year, and the parents that sacrifice and work hard for their children to have a great education re put to the side.... because teachers don't have enough hands and extra help for those students with more needs. It s sad but it all comes down to money!!! not education!!!

Posted April 20, 2012

I placed my children in this school because I wanted them to have the faith background that I was not offered as a child. I was indeed very disappointed. If you are not part of the 'IN" group your child is not treated the same. If you are in the "IN" group then you get special privileges. There are a very limited # of teachers that go out of their way but the office staff and principal are a disaster, your child's well being nor your opinion matters to them. If this is what it is to be in a Catholic school then I didn't miss out on anything. I'm better off buying my kids Catholicism for Dummies and I'll save about $10,000.....

Posted March 28, 2012

As an alumni of this school and family of teachers at the school, back in the day when religious clergy ran the school it was a truly honorable place to go to learn and work. It not only prepared me for AP high school but set a foundation that was clearly set apart from other nearby Catholic, private and public schools when we all merged into the same classes in High School. In recent years, though, the leadership of the school was taken over by school parents (literally) and the politics surrounding teachers and principles office is truly unbelievable. It used to be a family atmosphere, fair all-around, but now it is unfortunately run like a business and as much as I would love to send my own children, as 3rd generation students, to this school, I just would not anymore. Too many changes and too many politics for a Catholic institution where I want my kids to learn about faith and honesty.

Posted May 25, 2010

As the aunt of a niece that went to ICC all her life, and the friend of many parents that have children there now, i don't regret NOT placing my own children at ICC. yes, indeed it offers a wonderful family atmosphere. However, the clicks and politics are nothing short of unbelievable. And as far as education, i decline to PAY for an education where my child is one of 38 in a class. Also, i know first hand of kids that transfer out of ICC into a public school such as BGEC and are BEHIND in abilities compared to new class! And although you may voice your opinion, it is ignored if it does not follow the crowds. no accountability for actions of staff or situations where student favoritism is obvious. Staff is average compared to nearby schools, per ratings based on experience and personal education. in conclusion: totally overrated!

Posted May 21, 2010

As a parent I do regret ever placing my daughter in this school. I don't recommend this school.

Posted April 20, 2010

the teachers and staff keep parents informed on child's progress at all times

Posted January 26, 2010

There is something to be said about a school where the majority of its population is composed of almuni's children. Immaculate is a family and like all family's it has its drawbacks but the education is superior to the public schools in the area (as well as some private schools around these parts). It is a well balanced enviroment offering loads of extracurriculars, with loving, invloved parents. Do I get upset with some things that occur, sure, but the important thing to know is that at least I know about them and can do something where in a public school I don't/can't and, being an underpaid public school teacher, I have no problem giving up some of my hard earned cash to ensure my children's educational enviroment.

Posted October 5, 2009

My sister's son attended this school. Although I heard some comments about the quality, it didn't effect my decision. I now regret ever placing my own child in this school.

Posted September 16, 2009

I am an alum, and received a really solid educational foundation at ICC.

Posted January 8, 2009

As a former student of Immaculate Conception I can say this school goes above and beyond expectations for their students. Principal Garcia has done an excellent job of running the school and has made very evident and excellent changes that were much needed when I attended. There are more activities and there is more school spirit now than ever. I would recommend this school to any parent searching for only the best. I go back every once in a while and the teachers who once taught me are now friends.

Posted November 15, 2007

Great family environment and great teachers. My child loves her school.

Posted November 14, 2007

It is an outstanding school

Posted November 8, 2007

Class size average is 30 to 34 students per one teacher. Teachers are average compare to other public/private schools. Administration is below average. The level of teaching is lower than average compare to an 'A' public school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (305) 822-0289

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

125 West 45th Street