No rating

Our Lady Of Charity Private School

Private | PK-8

Living in Hialeah

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $65,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Posted July 23, 2013

My son is entering OLOC school this year. Can anyone give feedback to the Mckay program? I investigated the full year price and the amount they are charging is 4 times higher. I also checked with specialist such.as CMS and UM and they are not familiar with this school and told me they do not have teachers qualified to deal with autiscic children. Though their.site says they do. Just checking to make sure this is a good move.

Posted January 25, 2011

I went to this school growing up so I tried to send my children. Totally disappointed at how much it has changed. I recommend the school my children are attending now, Academir. They are in the Miami are and are excellent. My son is in Pre-K and can already read, add, and subtract.

Posted October 19, 2009

the truth is im a student at this school and i love it
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 23, 2009

My child is 6 years old and she is entering second grade, she has been attending this school for 3 years and she can write complete sentences, she reads books on her own, she knows her 1-5 times tables, and I can go on and on, meanwhile some of her cousins that are older than her, that go to public schools, are still unable to read on there on, and have to use there fingers to count. I do have to say that OLOC is the best investment I have done, towards my child's education.

Posted June 23, 2009

My child is going to the 4th grade and has been attending this school since Kindergarten. I love the personal attention and the great communication starting from the busdriver to the principal.

Posted January 22, 2009

My kid is in 1st grade and has been attending this school since Pre-K. I personally love the personal attention he gets. He loves the school and his teachers.

Posted September 5, 2007

This is my sons second year and he's loving school like never before. The school has great teachers and outstanding communication with the school staff at any level.

Posted August 10, 2007

I went to this school for 10 years, from Pre-K to 9th grade. I have already completed my Master's Degree and am currently getting my Doctorate in Child Psycholgy at the young age of 22. This school was a definite foundation to my current academic success. I would reccomend it to any parent.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 24, 2007

I am a parent who has two children in this school a 6 y/o boy and a 3 y/o girl. I strongly believe that the education that our children receive in this school is second to none. The teachers are very professional and devoted. The rest of the staff give their very best to ensure our children are safe. The administration treats everyone like family. Overall this school is the best place for our children to grow!!! Proud Parent of OLOC :)

Posted April 4, 2006

my child has been in this school for a very long time. I have no complain about the teachers. as for my childs teacher she is very attentive and has open communication w/ the kids in the class. the children in her class are well behaved. The overall school is not best but not the worst.

Posted March 23, 2006

My daughter has been attending OLOC since 03/05 and I am very pleased with the overall progress she is making. The kindergarten class sizes are small and the teachers are very attentive and affectionate with all the students. The school could use some updating on aesthetics but for me the quality of care is more important. I also wish they would have a website where they would make available things like the school calendar, lunch menus, etc. so that I wouldn't have to rely on my 5 year old to bring home the flyers. I enjoy that they offer artistic after school curriculums also.

Posted November 28, 2005

Our lady of charity has not met the standards that I want for my children, I applied for both one is 4 and the other 8 and unfortunatley I believe I have to say the term 'I wasted my money'

Posted April 17, 2005

The teachers are devoted to their student, however it is in great need of a better administration. It also needs lots of repairs, they should do something to fix the entrance apperance, repair the big leaks on the roof.

Posted April 26, 2004

My child just recently started coming to this school for the first time. Some teachers are more devoted than others. It's hard to find a good teacher, much less a great mentor. Hope my child finds good guidance for adult years. P.S.- The school needs to do a little renovation to the front entrance, to give it a more ethical, better looking appearance. Also fix up the lobby's large ceiling holes.

Asian 1% N/A

Associations
  • FCIS
Fax number
  • (305) 819-0057

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1900 W 44th Place